Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to 20:00 hrs daily, for Gold/Emerald and First passengers, plus guest, usual oneworld rules apply.

Buffet from 05:15, menu food from 7am

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the Club lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:32 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Unfortunately it still seems the staff aren't very well briefed on access policies.

Flying Iberia Express I went to the BA lounge and showed my boarding pass (LATAM Emerald), at which point I was told I would only be admitted with a BA Card. I said that this shouldn't be the case as I2 is oneworld. The lounge agent then consulted her document and completely ignored the part which said access was available to the First Lounge for BA Gold and OW Emerald card holders, and the Club Lounge for BA Silver and OW Sapphire (the document showed scenarios for both Cathay, and Iberia Express). Upon pointing out what the document she read from said, which clearly said I was eligible for the First Lounge as OW Emerald, or LATAM Black, she proceeded to shout to her colleague 'Surely not, it's LAN Chile!'.

Eventually after I asked for someone else to look at the matter, I was admitted, but made to feel like this was some sort of favour...

On the plus side, the staff inside the lounge were incredibly nice.
Passmethesickbag likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Another great visit to this lounge yesterday, prior to my flight to AMS. Really enjoy the LGW F lounge.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by surryson
Another great visit to this lounge yesterday, prior to my flight to AMS. Really enjoy the LGW F lounge.
I agree: I booked from Gatters to JFK in the coming weeks to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the F lounge (and it was a cheaper fare than Heathrow).
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but I have heard that from 1 March the First lounge at LGW will open at 5:15 AM. I do not have an official source.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
what time does it open currently...I'm on an early flight on the 28th!!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ratypus
what time does it open currently...I'm on an early flight on the 28th!!
7 AM, as per the wiki section of this thread.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but I have heard that from 1 March the First lounge at LGW will open at 5:15 AM. I do not have an official source.
Every week I'm in there and they ask me to fill in the survey, I always give it a 1 star rating and give that exact comment - that it opens too late. Maybe they are listening? I always tick 'happy to be contacted', but of course they never do
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:51 pm

I am now firmly of the belief that Gatters First is superior to Heathrow First.

I find it an absolute chore to order food in Heathrow and quite often it's untidy and messy compared to how impeccable Gatters First is almost always.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Flew to FNC in January and really enjoyed my LGW GF visit.

Good proactive and responsive service, some great red wine (Chateau Lynch-Moussas Pauillac 2009) and reasonable food.

Have the plates shrunk since my September 2017 visit?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Opening Hours

The lounge does now open at 5:15am, but no menu food until 7am, just buffet.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by IJG2
The lounge does now open at 5:15am, but no menu food until 7am, just buffet.
Indeed - pleasant surprise to find it open this morning, must be pretty new .. it was still 0730(?) opening until very recently ? ... I'm never early enough to do anything much more than quick buffet grab at this hour anyway ( But I did see staff carrying out toast racks and some tables with numbers on them this morning a little after 6.30 ) - so maybe buffet starts slightly earlier than 7 ?) ... but nice to have the option of the quieter lounge anyways
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:36 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by jackr27
Unfortunately it still seems the staff aren't very well briefed on access policies.

Flying Iberia Express I went to the BA lounge and showed my boarding pass (LATAM Emerald), at which point I was told I would only be admitted with a BA Card. I said that this shouldn't be the case as I2 is oneworld. The lounge agent then consulted her document....
Being uncertain about LATAM and Iberia Express is one thing.

Not knowing that BA Golds may bring a guest into the F section is something else. (However we were on CX. Not sure what he would have said if we were on BA.)

To be fair to the agent, he didn't argue, immediately checked his document and apologised, but this is one of the most basic access rules.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any plans to extend closing time for those last few flights? Wishful thinking from me I suspect
Old Apr 7, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Indeed - pleasant surprise to find it open this morning, must be pretty new .. it was still 0730(?) opening until very recently ? ... I'm never early enough to do anything much more than quick buffet grab at this hour anyway ( But I did see staff carrying out toast racks and some tables with numbers on them this morning a little after 6.30 ) - so maybe buffet starts slightly earlier than 7 ?) ... but nice to have the option of the quieter lounge anyways
They were carrying toast (and marmite) for me around 6.15 yesterday, and the buffet was in full English mode.

Will be in there again in a couple of hours time, bus replacement service willing.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:50 am

Did cheese get removed from the self service area?

I know you can order from the menu still.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.