Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
Open 05:15 to 20:00 hrs daily, for Gold/Emerald and First passengers, plus guest, usual oneworld rules apply.

Buffet from 05:15, menu food from 7am

For the Gatwick South BA User Guide, click here.
Details on the Club lounge can be found here:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ub-lounge.html

Review: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ub-lounge.html

Print Wikipost

London Gatwick South: First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
I need to take a few work calls on a visit to Gatwick tomorrow afternoon.

Does anyone know if this lounge (or GC) have any of the quiet "office" style rooms, like they have in Edinburgh?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
According to Guide, yes-ish, although I hadn't registered a separate room.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28258295-post3.html
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:31 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ianwall
I need to take a few work calls on a visit to Gatwick tomorrow afternoon.

Does anyone know if this lounge (or GC) have any of the quiet "office" style rooms, like they have in Edinburgh?
Unfortunately not in Gatwick First. There is a work area beyond the catering area, which isn't popular with leisure travellers, and I think it's fair game to use a mobile phone quietly there, but no EDI style glassed off office, unfortunately. The work area is similar to the work area beyond the EDI offices as you turn left, very similar to the ones in AMS but sometimes I'm the only person there. Photos in post 118 above.

GC has more space, and sometimes the upstairsa area is quiet, they also have a not that well used work area. I've been known to pop out to the corridor in front of reception when things have been more crowded.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:06 am

I've come today and the menu has changes from two weeks ago.

Pulled beef has gone and replaced by two sliders.

Made me sad
Old Nov 12, 2017, 10:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyer200
I've come today and the menu has changes from two weeks ago.

Pulled beef has gone and replaced by two sliders.

Made me sad
It changes every month, and follows the CCR lounge menu, which has its own thread available via the Dashboard. Better luck next month! Try the curry instead, I think it's a good one.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 5:16 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
When the lounges opened, there were a few reports of struggles gaining entry when flying CX or I2.

Does anyone know if these have been resolved and staff are any better briefed?

I'm planning on booking I2 to Madrid, and am wondering if I'm likely to face resistance trying to gain access to the First Lounge using my LATAM Black (Emerald) card.....?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
A late but positive thumbs up for the First lounge. ^

I was there in September before a mid afternoon RAK flight and was impressed with the staff, food and champagne/wine offering. A major upgrade from the North Terminal F lounge.

Less impressed with the behaviour of some of my fellow guests but not BA's fault!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
behaviour

An interesting incident the other day – I noticed a well-dressed passenger having a word with one of the stewards. A few moments later someone whom I assume to be the lounges manager or supervisor appeared and swiftly removed the alcoholic drink from in front of somebody whose behaviour was not in keeping with the environment. It was replaced with a glass of mineral water some words, which I could not hear, whispered to the traveller who drink the water got up and left.

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
A late but positive thumbs up for the First lounge. ^

I was there in September before a mid afternoon RAK flight and was impressed with the staff, food and champagne/wine offering. A major upgrade from the North Terminal F lounge.

Less impressed with the behaviour of some of my fellow guests but not BA's fault!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 12:01 pm

Uprated service from new staff

A decidedly improved service in the Gatwick First Lounge on Saturday - it is a quite time of the week and few pax there, but staff were providing table service and being most pro-active to top-up drinks and offer cook-to-order dishes from the menu.
My previous visit the week before was on a foggy morning with many delays and a 777 which had gone tech, so the lounge was packed with fracous pax and hardly a seat to be found.
Full marks to the new crew members, a couple of whom said they had come back to BA's caterers after an enforced absence during the lounge closure and transfer to South terminal.
The service is now much more friendly and efficient than anything I have been offered at LHR First.
'andad likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:53 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Which is a better lounge to visit?

Gatwicj F lounge or Heathrow Galleries F

Bearing in mind I haven't been to either lounge at all!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by ermen
Which is a better lounge to visit?

Gatwicj F lounge or Heathrow Galleries F

Either lounge at off-peak times, and they have different peak times. However the LGW lounge is both brand new and has a pretty stunning view of the airport. The catering is pretty much identical and is run by the same company. LGW is generally the friendlier airport, it's much smaller, it's in West Sussex rather than London so it's bit more homely than LHR will ever be. But if you see this as part of a package of factors on a trip to somewhere interesting, I don't think it makes a lot of sense to use the lounge criteria alone.

We are quite blessed really, between LGW South, T3 and T5 there is now a great selection of places to go to, some of them quite affordable, the airport experiences have improved over recent years (including security), and a good set of lounges in all of these terminals.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 4:43 am

T5 or LGW

[QUOTE=corporate-wage-slave;29084237]Either lounge at off-peak times, and they have different peak times. However the LGW lounge is both brand new and has a pretty stunning view

Caterimg staff at LGW say they are blessed
with a much bigger and better kitchen to cater for a smaller number of pax than their counterparts at T5.

If in T3 I would always visit AA’s First Lounge which boasts champagne handed out on entry; fresh, crisp tablecloths and table service of freshly-prepared dishes in American portion sizes. A no brainier!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SxMan
If in T3 I would always visit AA’s First Lounge which boasts champagne handed out on entry; fresh, crisp tablecloths and table service of freshly-prepared dishes in American portion sizes. A no brainier!
That's interesting. I think most people posting about T3 lounge choice (myself included) would pick the CX lounge above BA/AA. It is certainly my default choice in T3 these days.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Either lounge at off-peak times, and they have different peak times. However the LGW lounge is both brand new and has a pretty stunning view of the airport. The catering is pretty much identical and is run by the same company. LGW is generally the friendlier airport, it's much smaller, it's in West Sussex rather than London so it's bit more homely than LHR will ever be. But if you see this as part of a package of factors on a trip to somewhere interesting, I don't think it makes a lot of sense to use the lounge criteria alone.

We are quite blessed really, between LGW South, T3 and T5 there is now a great selection of places to go to, some of them quite affordable, the airport experiences have improved over recent years (including security), and a good set of lounges in all of these terminals.
[QUOTE=SxMan;29084469]
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Either lounge at off-peak times, and they have different peak times. However the LGW lounge is both brand new and has a pretty stunning view

Caterimg staff at LGW say they are blessed
with a much bigger and better kitchen to cater for a smaller number of pax than their counterparts at T5.

I'm indifferent on airports as I will be going to AMS.

But looks like LGW it will be for me - cheaper fares and seems the lounges at LGW or LHR T5 are on par.

Hopefully next year I will be GGL/CCR - then can visit the CCR. Alas, continuing the run of having not visited the T5 flagship galleries F (pretty strange as a BA Gold). Come to think of it, would also like to visit the suite of lounges at T3 (inc the QF that is opening soon I hear?)
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:30 am

CX all too foreign!

Originally Posted by KARFA
That's interesting. I think most people posting about T3 lounge choice (myself included) would pick the CX lounge above BA/AA. It is certainly my default choice in T3 these days.
just found the CX area, staff and guests a bit too foreign whenever I’ve tried it. Also, strange aromas of Asian food cooking — not my scene! It’s rather self-service as well from my experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.