Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

TPs Help: 1490 - one week to go (& early new status email)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver

Hey all,

I'm (very) close to getting my first BAEC Gold with 1490 TPs - with my expiry coming up in a week (8th Feb, possibly extended two weeks) and a tough schedule.
1) I'm Based in NYC, and if I were to get the additional 10 TPs I'd rather do it on the cheap & as little lost time as possible (can also use Avios). Any suggestion?
2) I was rejected a Missing Claim Avios receipt from a JAL flight as I missed the 6 months mark. The reason why I missed it was that the website asks to Fax in the form & tickets, which doesnt seem to be the case anymore. Once I actually called in, that's when they directed me to the website. Should I dispute?
3) Although I'm at 1490 TPs I got a welcome to new status email from BA. Should I just stick to it and forget point 1) and 2)?

Which of these three should I go for?

Appreciated.
Lukas
Attached Images  

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Feb 1, 2017 at 1:11 am Reason: Remove image showing personal data to protect OP
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amex Platinum
probably best to remove the bar-code, someone might use it for BoB (if this is possible)
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by hanrahantom
probably best to remove the bar-code, someone might use it for BoB (if this is possible)
Hehe already redeemed all his miles for food and drink for every passenger on the flight this morning.

Do take note where it says retain gold , you might drop down to silver next week if you risk it!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
How did you manage to earn 11 TPs? It says to retain Gold you will need 1489 TPs...

I'm intrigued by the odd number!

M
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Screen shot before fully loaded !

I certainly would go for the 10 TPs and not risk it for such a close amount. Should be straight forward from NYC ?
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:00 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amex Platinum
deleted

Last edited by hanrahantom; Feb 1, 2017 at 1:02 am Reason: I need an eye test
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by hanrahantom
are you due an eye test?
Are you ?!

It definitely shows 1489 on the lower part of the last image
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Your app also shows 0 of 4 eligible flights, so you would need 4 eligible flights as well as 10 TPs to renew Gold.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
This email says welcome to gold and says you needs 1489 to retain gold

When did you get this communication? It looks to me that you have been given gold. It even says the new card is in the post
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:08 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by nux
Your app also shows 0 of 4 eligible flights, so you would need 4 eligible flights as well as 10 TPs to renew Gold.
Wouldn't that be for the NEW earning year? OP seemed to say that his year had prematurely renewed.

M
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
On the basis of partial information (and a few things that don't quite add up, which may be BA's IT of course) this looks to me like a gold that already been processed. I'm not familiar with the App screenshot, but isn't the section below saying what you have to get, and therefore implies that you have now 11 TPs? It would help if we could know the date of the email.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
How did you manage to earn 11 TPs? It says to retain Gold you will need 1489 TPs...

I'm intrigued by the odd number!

M
It's a bug on the retain status wheel. For some reason it can stick one TP below the real figure.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Although it probably doesn't apply, the OP refers to asking for the two week extension. I had always assumed that this was only available to those seeking to retain status, rather than promotions to a higher tier.

Does anyone know for sure whether it can be requested for promotions? I have an interest in asking as I advised someone to get the TPs for promotion within their normal collection period rather than rely on this. I thought that would be the safer option.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by FrancisA
Does anyone know for sure whether it can be requested for promotions?.
I first got gold on such an extension and I don't remember ever seeing reports of it refused on here.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks all. This is what happens when you're a silent observer and try posting something - hopefully no-one goes on a snack buying frenzy. Lesson learned I hope.

Clarifying a few questions:
- The 1,489 TPs must be an IT issue, as I didn't earn a random 4 TPs
- I received my "Welcome to your new tier" email yesterday - 31/01
- No clue why it says 0/4 eligible flights, as I've done >30 flights on BA
- For the year end extension - I got the following reply from BA "I can see your membership year ends 08 February 2017. You would get a 2 week extension if that helps get those 10 points you need."

I'm hesitant in taking the risk of assuming that my status has been processed, and I'll try and find a cheap/fast flight from NYC in the upcoming week.

Here's another screenshot.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.