Heathrow Connections

Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6501
KARFA, can't see your signature?

Anyway yes, off the aircraft, follow the purple signs, get your boarding pass scanned, up the escalator, turn right and follow the signs to C52-C66 (double check the gate first though!).
It is on a post further up thread. I think the one immediately above was made on my phone so doesn't include it.

EDIT: oh and obviously it is in this one too!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Maybe this is Mobile FT. It's also in the Dashboard.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: QF WP
Arriving from JNB probably into 5C and connecting to LIS from Terminal 3....have 2 hours assuming an ontime arrival....Guess we have to take the transit to 5 and then take the connections bus to Terminal 3 and clear security....arrival time is scheduled for 5.30am how long do you suppose it might take from landing until through security in terminal 3 as I might like to have a shower before continuing...thanks in advance
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by pyffii
Arriving from JNB probably into 5C and connecting to LIS from Terminal 3....have 2 hours assuming an ontime arrival....Guess we have to take the transit to 5 and then take the connections bus to Terminal 3 and clear security....arrival time is scheduled for 5.30am how long do you suppose it might take from landing until through security in terminal 3 as I might like to have a shower before continuing...thanks in advance
Go to 5B and get the airside bus to T3 from there. That should save some time.

Security on arrival in to T3 as you noted.

I would think 35-45 minutes should be typical from walking off the plane to getting out of security at T3.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF WP
thanks KARFA
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Quick question: Is it (at all) possible to arrive on BA in Terminal 5 at 08:00 and then to connect to a Skyteam flight (separate booking) that leaves from Terminal 4 at 09:45? I will have Fast Track for the Skyteam flight and will travel with carry on bags only.
Many thanks..
Old Apr 29, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Great_circle
Quick question: Is it (at all) possible to arrive on BA in Terminal 5 at 08:00 and then to connect to a Skyteam flight (separate booking) that leaves from Terminal 4 at 09:45? I will have Fast Track for the Skyteam flight and will travel with carry on bags only.
Many thanks..
You don't have much padding in there do you?

Possible if you are on time, just get the airside bus. However if you are late you are screwed. I wouldn't book it that close.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
You don't have much padding in there do you?

Possible if you are on time, just get the airside bus. However if you are late you are screwed. I wouldn't book it that close.
Okay thanks, looks like I will leave the evening before and stay overnight then..
Old May 1, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Great_circle
Many thanks..
If your onward ST flight was a high frequency route (e.g AMS, CDG, FCO), then I would give it a go. You could always take the next service, funds permitting of course.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:36 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by rossmacd
If your onward ST flight was a high frequency route (e.g AMS, CDG, FCO), then I would give it a go. You could always take the next service, funds permitting of course.
If you miss your flight by a few minutes, don't they rebook you onto the next one free of charge?
I heard in the states they have the 2 hour 'flat tire rule' to cover disruptions. Let's say you have an unexpected event and miss the flight but show up at the airport.
Or am I dreaming and that isn't applied in Europe?
Old May 1, 2017, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
If you miss your flight by a few minutes, don't they rebook you onto the next one free of charge?
I heard in the states they have the 2 hour 'flat tire rule' to cover disruptions. Let's say you have an unexpected event and miss the flight but show up at the airport.
Or am I dreaming and that isn't applied in Europe?
How do you have an unexpected event between T5 and T4?

You are rebooked for free if it is one ticket, and not if separate tickets.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
How do you have an unexpected event between T5 and T4?

You are rebooked for free if it is one ticket, and not if separate tickets.
This is what i meant.

"Some airlines have an unwritten policy called the “Flat Tire Rule” in which they'll let late passengers fly standby on the next flight without having to pay to rebook. But you must show up within two hours of your schedule departure."

So if you show up a bit late to the airport (within 2 hours of your flight) as the Skyteam airline assumes you are showing up for only this flight and weren't connecting on a seperate ticket from another carrier.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:42 am

This is what i meant.

"Some airlines have an unwritten policy called the Flat Tire Rule in which they'll let late passengers fly standby on the next flight without having to pay to rebook. But you must show up within two hours of your schedule departure."

So if you show up a bit late to the airport (within 2 hours of your flight) as the Skyteam airline assumes you are showing up for only this flight and weren't connecting on a seperate ticket from another carrier.
And the quote is from where? And how would it be relevant to a T5 to T4 connection?
Old May 1, 2017, 11:43 am

And the quote is from where? And how would it be relevant to a T5 to T4 connection?
Google, I had read about it many times, but I am not sure it applies in Europe.

The relevance is if the OP misses his 'connection' due to the fact that his connection time is really short, I am wondering if they can put him onto the next flight free of charge.
Old May 1, 2017, 11:44 am

Google, I had read about it many times, but I am not sure it applies in Europe.

The relevance is if the OP misses his 'connection' due to the fact that his connection time is really short, I am wondering if they can put him onto the next flight free of charge.
No it doesn't apply. As I already noted if you are on separate tickets you are on your own should you miss your connection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.