Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2017, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ukgooner
Though I think that was for hotel spend only wasn't it?
Mine says spend £600 with online Amex travel, nothing beyond that. The booking was completing when a confirmation email arrived from Amex. I know that's not the same as the actual credit, but there's nothing to suggest it's not applied to flights.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by dougzz
Mine says spend £600 with online Amex travel, nothing beyond that. The booking was completing when a confirmation email arrived from Amex. I know that's not the same as the actual credit, but there's nothing to suggest it's not applied to flights.
check 'step 2' of the email. Mine says "Spend £600 or more on pre-paid hotels, car hire or experiences booked by 28 February 2018." Annoyingly in the small print the 'fine hotels' promo hotels are also excluded
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by ukgooner

check 'step 2' of the email. Mine says "Spend £600 or more on pre-paid hotels, car hire or experiences booked by 28 February 2018." Annoyingly in the small print the 'fine hotels' promo hotels are also excluded
The language is certainly ambiguous, if you follow the asterisk to the Terms & Conditions you will find this:

“1. Credit statement offer

Only one £200 statement credit per Platinum Charge Card, when you spend £600 or more in one single transaction on pre-paid hotels, flights, car hire or experiences through American Express Travel americanexpress.co.uk/travel by 28 February 2018, for stays between 1 April and 30 June 2018. Cruise bookings, FINE HOTELS & RESORTS and The Hotel Collection properties are excluded from this offer. Limited to first 7,000 Platinum Charge Cardmembers to save this offer. Payment is required in full on your Platinum Charge Card to which the offer is saved. Offer only applies to spend on the Platinum Charge Card to which the offer is saved, it does not apply to spend on Supplementary Cards or other Cards you might hold. An awarded credit may be reversed, if qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled. Statement credits are usually issued within 3-5 business days of qualifying spend, but may take up to 8 weeks to appear on your Account. If your Platinum Charge Card is lost or stolen, American Express will automatically update your replacement Platinum Charge Card with any offers that you have registered for. By saving offer to your Platinum Charge Card, you agree to above Offer Terms.

2. Global Hotel Sale

The up to 50% off global hotel sale offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion unless specifically outlined in these Terms and Conditions. No cash alternative available. Valid for online bookings only made through americanexpress.co.uk/fhr or americanexpress.co.uk/travel. Sale commences 21 December 2017and closes 28 February 2018 for stays between 1 April and 30 June 2018. Rates are inclusive of VAT and exclude additional in-hotel purchases. Subject to availability. All hotel offers and rates are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time. Terms, restrictions and blackout dates may apply.”

Calchas likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2017, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I got a FRA-TYO-FRA flight leaving on 2nd back on 9th Jan for 1800 GBP in business

( Outbound is FRA-LON-NRT on BA , return is NRT -FRA on JL)

Not bad price for booking only a week out and looking forward to trying JL)

Regards

TBS
PETER01 and timcjp like this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by Rubecula
Abu Dhabi. 5 nights (really only 4 nights due to flight timings) May/June for under £1,700 in F including hotel from BA holidays.
Just booked similar to Muscat for February, flying F, staying in one of the Shangri-La. £2k each
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by DorsetKnob
Just booked similar to Muscat for February, flying F, staying in one of the Shangri-La. £2k each
Wow. That’s a real bargain ^
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer

Wow. That’s a real bargain ^
Thats what I thought! Move the flights by a day either side & the cost went through the roof from £800 each way to £3500
Old Dec 29, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
After a couple of trips to HNL in the last few years (1 for work, 1 a TP run) I would really love to take the family there.

After a bit of searching by trial and error, I found the following... Starting in Amsterdam, with a night in New York on the way out and another in Los Angeles (which means heading straight to Santa Monica for us) to sweeten the deal.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

Works for us time-wise... In terms of price, it's on the high side, but quite reasonable IMHO for a trip of this scale.

But can anyone suggest another starting point in Europe, or any other options to make this a better/cheaper trip?

Thanks, as always, to this wonderful forum for any input!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Some
Just a quick one to note that MAD-TLV is currently £567 return for selected dates on the direct IB flight. Make sure you pick the right dates and it's operated by an A330 with lie flat seats, e.g. - https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

This is also a 140 TP route so approaching TP run territory at c.£2 per TP.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Dec 29, 2017 at 7:22 am
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
This is also a 140 TP route so approaching TP run territory at c.2p per TP.
Not even the Viking fares got anywhere near 2p per TP!!!
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BerksFlyer

Not even the Viking fares got anywhere near 2p per TP!!!
Ha, thinking in the wrong units today - perhaps some Christmas overhang! £2.02 per TP.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Originally Posted by sirkay
After a couple of trips to HNL in the last few years (1 for work, 1 a TP run) I would really love to take the family there.

After a bit of searching by trial and error, I found the following... Starting in Amsterdam, with a night in New York on the way out and another in Los Angeles (which means heading straight to Santa Monica for us) to sweeten the deal.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

Works for us time-wise... In terms of price, it's on the high side, but quite reasonable IMHO for a trip of this scale.

But can anyone suggest another starting point in Europe, or any other options to make this a better/cheaper trip?

Thanks, as always, to this wonderful forum for any input!
If you don't mind going out via Dublin and Chicago then you can get it down to £6597 with plenty of flight options.
https://goo.gl/flights/sFTZ
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by email2markt
If you don't mind going out via Dublin and Chicago then you can get it down to £6597 with plenty of flight options.
https://goo.gl/flights/sFTZ
thanks! Will check that out. Already shaved off about 400 euros, by my reckoning.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
A quick heads up that RJ are doing a flash sale, 40% off which although not quite as good as the recent 50% off is still yielding some decent fares.

Be quick!!

https://www.rj.com/en/special-offers...r-offer/global
  1. Offer only valid for today 1/1/2018
  2. Travel validity: from 01/2/2018 - 24/3/2018.
  3. No min or max stay rules applied
  4. Offer applied on round and one-way tickets.
  5. Offer is valid on all RJ’s direct routes only.
  6. Royal Plus members may earn Royal Plus miles for this offer
email2markt likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by bhbloke
A quick heads up that RJ are doing a flash sale, 40% off which although not quite as good as the recent 50% off is still yielding some decent fares.

Be quick!!

https://www.rj.com/en/special-offers...r-offer/global
  1. Offer only valid for today 1/1/2018
  2. Travel validity: from 01/2/2018 - 24/3/2018.
  3. No min or max stay rules applied
  4. Offer applied on round and one-way tickets.
  5. Offer is valid on all RJ’s direct routes only.
  6. Royal Plus members may earn Royal Plus miles for this offer
Some of these are good value. LHR-AMM-BKK-KUL/HKG is less than £1,200 in J on 787 for every leg. That's 640TP (at £1.87/TP).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.