Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by simonsmith
I am trying to get to KUL travelling either 11/12 nov coming back 18/19 in C from the UK. What I have found so far is HEL to BKK on QR for about £1200 then attaching the relevant hops or LHR to KUL with Sri Lankan for £1700, but that gets fewer tier points . I do not mind flying in to SIN /BKK etc from Europe. Any better ideas at all would be very much appreciated. Tx
You can use the AMS-BKK fare. Fly AMS-LHR-KUL then stopover there from 11/12 to 18/19. Then KUL-BKK and same day conenction at BKK either to BKK-LHR-AMS or (my preference) BKK-HKG-LHR-AMS. Should be around £1300 in total in J and get 420 TPs. This is exactly what I did back in August.
rossmacd and bisonrav like this.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
It is long standing and I haven’t noticed any particularly light loads. AA will discontinue their MAN-JFK service in Spring so for AA flyers PHL will be the main alternative.
I guess they took over the US Air flight upon merger ? I used to take that several times a year.

When I took the £1,008 MAN-PHL-DFW-SAT J in June, the CBP in PHL was completely empty - 1st time I've ever had that at a US airport.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:29 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by dewsburyborn
I guess they took over the US Air flight upon merger ? I used to take that several times a year.

When I took the £1,008 MAN-PHL-DFW-SAT J in June, the CBP in PHL was completely empty - 1st time I've ever had that at a US airport.
i like the MAN PHL flight for this reason, immigration is pretty pain free with nothing international typically landing at the same time
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:50 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
A number of posts which discussed BA's decision not to honour a cheap F fare to Equador have been moved out into their own thread - BA not honouring 'mistake' F fare to Equador.

Members are asked to remember that this thread is visited by a large number of people seeking good flight prices who may not normally frequent the BA forum, and it is incredibly unhelpful to dominate the thread with a discussion about fares that no longer actually exist.

/mod

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 6, 2017 at 11:59 am
Old Oct 6, 2017, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

Lucky!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite

Originally Posted by Tim_T
i like the MAN PHL flight for this reason, immigration is pretty pain free with nothing international typically landing at the same time
Exactly. Immigration was very quick, 5 minutes or so. However, we had to wait over 45 minutes for the luggage...
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:22 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by florens
Exactly. Immigration was very quick, 5 minutes or so. However, we had to wait over 45 minutes for the luggage...
PHL is renowned for slow luggage - if you can go HBO via Philly, definitely do it as you negate all the time saved at immigration waiting for your bags

Pilot37
florens likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Hopefully someone here can help does anyone know of a decent priced oneworld deal to get to Colombia in Feb in Business/First class while collecting a decent chunk of TP?

KLM / AF is £1350 from BHX but i'm up for ex EU if I can make it OW and get some TP as I will be on 900 mid way through this TP year and want to push for Gold.

FYI not a TP run and not looking to change plan 20 times. Just out for a week/two week holiday in South America on a TP/Price efficient route

Last edited by TGLoyalty; Oct 7, 2017 at 5:35 am
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
DUB/LHR/JFK/MIA/BOG is around £1800. Can add in HEL on the outbound but takes it up to nearly £2k
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
LHR to YYC or YVR?

Quick bit of advice please (apologies that this is a trip already enquired about in general forum .

Min your experience are there likely to be any J deals to look out/hold out for, for return travel at end Jan to either of the above, or should I just plan on currently available fares and swallow WT+ (my general default option)?

Many thanks!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by madfish
DUB/LHR/JFK/MIA/BOG is around £1800. Can add in HEL on the outbound but takes it up to nearly £2k
Thanks seem to be getting £2250 in Feb though
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Thanks seem to be getting £2250 in Feb though
Are you looking at specific dates? Calendar view gives a range of dates around £1800 although others are more expensive.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:31 pm

I noticed a few F fares on BA/AA that seemed like fairly good deals. I’m new to this thread, so apologies if I miss the mark here or repeat something that’s already known.
UK to BNA £2,120+ (580TP, £3.66/TP) – ex. INV-LHR-ORD-BNA

NYC to DME £2,987 (840TP, £3.55/TP) – ex. JFK-LHR-DME

BCN to DME £1,558 (500TP, £3.13/TP) – ex. BCN-LHR(overnight)-DME
World Cup 2018 dates are excluded for NYC-DME but not for BCN-DME.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Kris Flyer, Skywards, Accor Gold, Radisson Gold
i posted this in Tier Point runs but no answers... I think its a pretty good deal for a flatbed to NYE beach.... If anyone can help me split the flights it would be much appreciated

Can anyone help me split this fare into a multi stop allowing me to play with stop overs

Showing AMS to BKK on BA and CX departing 28th December returning on the 6th Jan at £1,150 all in J on Ebookers i make it 460TP's

The out is via LHR and HKG and the inbound is via SIN

i cannot get this to price on ITA so struggling to see fate rules

Ideally want a minimum 24hrs in both HKG and SIN

looks like a very good fare for the Xmas period

https://www.ebookers.com/Flights-Sea...d03d872b716e67
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by barney2201
i posted this in Tier Point runs but no answers... I think its a pretty good deal for a flatbed to NYE beach.... If anyone can help me split the flights it would be much appreciated

Can anyone help me split this fare into a multi stop allowing me to play with stop overs

Showing AMS to BKK on BA and CX departing 28th December returning on the 6th Jan at £1,150 all in J on Ebookers i make it 460TP's

The out is via LHR and HKG and the inbound is via SIN

i cannot get this to price on ITA so struggling to see fate rules

Ideally want a minimum 24hrs in both HKG and SIN

looks like a very good fare for the Xmas period

https://www.ebookers.com/Flights-Sea...d03d872b716e67
Your link does not work.

You will be paying additional fees for having a stopover in HKG and SIN, which will increase the price considerably.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.