Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Upgauge from 320 to 788 is planned as of 16SEP17.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
Looks to be changing to a 787 some time around 18th September (according to google flights). Whether that happens remains to be seen!

Probably worth keeping expectations of a A320 until evidence of a change.
Originally Posted by florens
Upgauge from 320 to 788 is planned as of 16SEP17.
Ah ok, thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I blame it all on the post Brexit Mother May election effects on the £.
I'm seeing CPH-AKL and ARN-AKL at ~£1700, which is a decent discount on the more typical (but still low) £2200 for those routes.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Bloomsbury
Looks to be changing to a 787 some time around 18th September (according to google flights). Whether that happens remains to be seen!

Probably worth keeping expectations of a A320 until evidence of a change.
One of the best flights I've had was on a QR A320 (GVA-DOH). Great for a day flight if you have someone you know next to you.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Help to Sydney

Hi all,

i looking for help with flights for 2 people to Sydney leaving early Jan around the 10/11 to mid Feb.

Dublin is the starting point, the option I am looking at is Etihad via AUH which is 5750 euro for 2 with no changes or 6340 with changes.

Any ideas or recommendations?
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by HarryBA
Hi all,

i looking for help with flights for 2 people to Sydney leaving early Jan around the 10/11 to mid Feb.

Dublin is the starting point, the option I am looking at is Etihad via AUH which is 5750 euro for 2 with no changes or 6340 with changes.

Hi Harry

This thread is really meant for Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals as per the Wiki

However! can you get to OSL easily? I see 2 for £5100 with BA (BA 11 and BA 15 to maximise Avios/TPs) and of course lots of TP's and Avios which may be be handy. (Approx 56k Avios for a Gold which can have a fair value at a later date, RFS at short notice etc plus of course the other person travelling so that's a fair chunk and definitely worth considering)

QR have decent fares there when there is sale on but most seem to go from Scandinavia and there are other fares over on the Premium Deal Thread as well as on Headforpoints which is quite good for highlighting non OW options too.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
Hi Harry

This thread is really meant for Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals as per the Wiki

However! can you get to OSL easily? I see 2 for £5100 with BA (BA 11 and BA 15 to maximise Avios/TPs) and of course lots of TP's and Avios which may be be handy. (Approx 56k Avios for a Gold which can have a fair value at a later date, RFS at short notice etc plus of course the other person travelling so that's a fair chunk and definitely worth considering)

QR have decent fares there when there is sale on but most seem to go from Scandinavia and there are other fares over on the Premium Deal Thread as well as on Headforpoints which is quite good for highlighting non OW options too.
Re QR sale to Sydney, I cant see it in the Prem thread. Do you have a link ? Thanks in advance
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by dolfinco
Re QR sale to Sydney, I cant see it in the Prem thread. Do you have a link ? Thanks in advance
I think the current sale for QR is from ARN to AKL rather than Australia.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Believe so, around £1600 return.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:25 am

Thank you you for the reply I appreciate that it is for earning avíos. I should have been clearer in my post the SO doesn't see the point in going around the world so etihad was the most direct and bench price.

We have done a few HNL runs in the pas which is always value but Oz is a little too far for her to but tracking around airport for TPs and avíos.

Originally Posted by PETER01
Hi Harry

Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by flashware
Believe so, around £1600 return.

£2250 is what I keep getting for a variety of dates
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:39 am

£2250 is what I keep getting for a variety of dates
Just looking at a few things I think the latest ARN-AKL J £1.k on QR has just ended. This is the second similarly priced QR sale to AKL in recent weeks. If you are not in a hurry to book it could be worth waiting for another QR sale - they seem to happen quite often.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
ah that one.... ok thanks.

Dates dont work
Old Jul 29, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Hi all,

Harry, if a QR sale comes along to AKL ex Scandinavia (or Italy or Czech Republic for that matter) it might be worth looking at that and then using Avios for return flights on QF or LatAm across the Tasman Sea to Australia. Hopped across from NZ on QF and returned on LatAm in great comfort on Avios during a NZ/Oz trip in April. And Auckland is a great city to visit!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Mapman
Harry, if a QR sale comes along to AKL ex Scandinavia (or Italy or Czech Republic for that matter) it might be worth looking at that and then using Avios for return flights on QF or LatAm across the Tasman Sea to Australia. Hopped across from NZ on QF and returned on LatAm in great comfort on Avios during a NZ/Oz trip in April. And Auckland is a great city to visit!
i will hang on save the pennies and then jump on the next sale.

Thanks for for all the advice and tips. Oz is a little more difficult than our usual USA trips and requires a little more planning

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.