Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 15, 17, 7:21 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Globaliser
Wiki Link
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club 1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380 RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) 600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for 1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for 1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at 2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Old Feb 2, 17, 7:19 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
I've just moved two things in the wiki to the expired fare section which I know expired, haven't checked the others - 2017 travel festival, and the 1400 fares to JNB from Portugal and Germany which expired yesterday.

On the JNB fare front, there are some fares (~1600-1800 level) down from Portugal and Germany, but these are just normal advance purchase fares.
Old Feb 2, 17, 12:05 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
Any suggestions for HKG in May?

The 2016 thread has BA AMS-LHR-BKK-(CX)-HKG-LHR-AMS for 13xx, which is still available.

Omitting the BKK stop increases the fare by 200. But I really would prefer LHR-HKG direct, and if I'm going to pay 15xx then I might as well go ex-OSL/ARN and take the CX LGW A350. (LGW much more convenient for me)

I don't mind visiting BKK on the way back, but it's only cheap if I arrive BKK at midnight and the BA BKK-LHR departs in the morning, which doesn't give me any time to actually see the city (I've never been)
Old Feb 2, 17, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA*G, KrisFlyer
General pattern

Originally Posted by :D! View Post
Any suggestions for HKG in May?

The 2016 thread has BA AMS-LHR-BKK-(CX)-HKG-LHR-AMS for 13xx, which is still available.

Omitting the BKK stop increases the fare by 200. But I really would prefer LHR-HKG direct, and if I'm going to pay 15xx then I might as well go ex-OSL/ARN and take the CX LGW A350. (LGW much more convenient for me)

I don't mind visiting BKK on the way back, but it's only cheap if I arrive BKK at midnight and the BA BKK-LHR departs in the morning, which doesn't give me any time to actually see the city (I've never been)
These BA fares are part of a general pattern for Asia where you can route via XXX = {SIN, BKK, KUL or HKG} to and/or from your actual destination. Each stopover >24hrs in LHR and/or XXX pushes up the price due to airport duties and other fare rules. Two of the better combos are AMS-LHR-XXX-BKK-XXX-LHR-AMS and DUS-LHR-XXX-SIN-XXX-LHR-DUS where XXX can vary or be omitted in each direction. Some routings are very fussy these days about the length of stopover in XXX. The fare you highlighted is based on one of the best BA ex-EU to SE Asia fares (AMS...BKK...AMS). If you want to see BKK on the way back from HKG, why not stopover for 2 nights or take an earlier CX flight from HKG-BKK?

Incidentally, for those who are based in SE Asia, these fares are still useful as they can be used as the return open jaw leg of a BA deal originating here. E.g. Thailand (BKK,USM etc)-SIN-LHR-DUS / DUS-LHR-SIN is a handy year-round fare for me as I live in Singapore with family in both UK and Germany. At about S$3300 (1900) it is a reliable option when no Malaysian, Qatar or Finnar sales are on. There is also a tempting BA deal ex-Malaysia until 14 Feb which allows similar patterns at similar prices.

For Singapore based folk, Finnair just launched a deal today valid until 28 Feb from SIN - Europe (including LHR) for about S$3000 (1700) and 440 TP. Not as good for Avios as the BA-based fares though, if you're BA Gold.
Old Feb 2, 17, 4:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Originally Posted by mallangong View Post
I managed to lock in the following yesterday before the INCSALE ended and prices went up:

OSL via LHR to BKK (BA)
BKK to SYD (QF)
SYD to HKG (CX)
HKG to LHR (BA)
LHR to OSL (BA)

All direct and in business for 5 pax with adults priced at 2,463 (higher than it would have been if LHR wasn't a separate leg on the return). Dates are late July into August.

So, the million dollar question, as I am in the 24 hour cooling off period: do I stick or twist? Is this a good price or will I likely see better if I wait?
Are there still Air China fares for 1,500 from Frankfurt? MH (sticking with OW) just had ex-LON for 1,500. I'd hazard a 50/50 chance of something better pricewise, but probably not on BA, might not be from a convenient airport and no guarantee the dates will work for you
Old Feb 3, 17, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by henkybaby View Post
QR tend to switch planes frequently. The 777 is a very good product as well, bar the 2-2-2 seating which I find perfectly fine, especially if you can get one of the middle aisle seats. They just switched HKT to a 777 from a 787 on me and for the return I could not get any seats in the middle pairs and then it is slightly more annoying. I prefer the 777 seat for sleeping, actually...
Managed to book to AUH and it's the A380 out of LHR.

Total price was 1420, which is cheaper than pretty much any other ex-EU option right now; with the exception of going as far east as BUD and SOF.

Just p*ssed I missed the BA option. With the 3x Avios promo that would have been a nice little earner at €1420.

Edit: I should point out it's 1368 with Travelpack, but with their CC fee it goes to 1398 and for the extra 20 I'd prefer to book direct as QR are MUCH more helpful with changes, etc. on direct bookings.

Last edited by Wozza2404; Feb 3, 17 at 3:54 am
Old Feb 4, 17, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Gold / KLM / Hilton Diamond
KLM AMS-JFK 24dec till 31dec 2017 BC 1350 euro

KLM AMS-JFK 24dec till 31dec 2017 BC
1350 euro
Booking by KLM
Old Feb 4, 17, 1:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Folks, please remember this topic is for oneworld fare deals only. For fare deals of non-oneworld airlines there is an dedicated topic found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/
Old Feb 4, 17, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold / KLM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ITravelElite View Post
KLM AMS-JFK 24dec till 31dec 2017 BC
1350 euro
Booking by KLM
Sorry. I will remove it to other forum
Old Feb 4, 17, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by PhilE View Post

These BA fares are part of a general pattern for Asia ...
Wow! For a first post on FT this is quite impressive.

As it appears that nobody else has yet welcomed you to FT (and the BAEC forum) please allow me to - welcome PhilE.
Old Feb 4, 17, 5:36 am

Looking for a good deal to OZ or NZ, just wondering what the best deals have been recently so I can get an idea what to look for? I heard about a QR Pisa - Aukland, anything else?

Cheers
Old Feb 4, 17, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DG55 View Post
Looking for a good deal to OZ or NZ, just wondering what the best deals have been recently so I can get an idea what to look for? I heard about a QR Pisa - Aukland, anything else?

Cheers
If you look at MH using an online agent such as expedia and book a one night stay in the cheapest hotel/backpackers you can find, there were deals to SYD/MEL for 1500, i think the availability has dwindled a bit but i think its still alive.
QR had an AKL deal during their travel festival (now dead) which was a bargain 15XX too

Just play around with google flights using 5 starting points usually OSL, ARN, HEL, BRU, CPH
Old Feb 4, 17, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by GavT_london View Post
If you look at MH using an online agent such as expedia and book a one night stay in the cheapest hotel/backpackers you can find, there were deals to SYD/MEL for 1500, i think the availability has dwindled a bit but i think its still alive.
QR had an AKL deal during their travel festival (now dead) which was a bargain 15XX too

Just play around with google flights using 5 starting points usually OSL, ARN, HEL, BRU, CPH
I believe the MH MEL/SYD deal has expired but there may be similar to PER/ADL.
Old Feb 4, 17, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
There seems to be an interesting CX sale ex AMS. Haven't looked into the details yet, but lots of Asian destinations come in around 15xx.

Some good BA prices as well, like JNB or CPT at 1527, HKG at 1610, BOM at 14xx etc.

Too many to make a list. Just have a look on GF.
Old Feb 4, 17, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL (98% to Lifetime Gold), SPG convert from IHG (and Marriott fan now!)
Originally Posted by DG55 View Post

Cheers
check the good deal premium fares forum as well as here - that's where I picked up Air China from FRA for 1500 (and they've had similar again recently). I ended up cancelling (150 fee) in favour of the ex-LON deal on MH when that came up, cost me about 200 more overall but got TPs, Amex points and no positioning flights!
Old Feb 4, 17, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA*G, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
Wow! For a first post on FT this is quite impressive.

As it appears that nobody else has yet welcomed you to FT (and the BAEC forum) please allow me to - welcome PhilE.
Thanks! I've been lurking a while and picked up a lot of good tips from others in here and the TP thread - it's overdue for me to give something back

Couple of other OW fares of note if you're starting in Area 3...

- QR have two decent 560 TP runs from SIN - ARN and SIN - OSL until 10 Feb (3250 - 3500 SGD return)
- the Finnair deal I mentioned can be half open jawed for up to 3 months with an ex-AU sale - e.g. SYD/MEL - LHR (stopover in SIN, then LHR - SIN for about 4200 SGD (price it on Finnair site or Matrix as GF doesn't play well with Qantas these days)

Some amazing ex-TPE fares with MH at the moment too (see Premium Fares Forum thread). They also have some decent deals ex-HKG, ex-China and ex-Japan. Note, MH's website is happy to show you all the Business "deals of the day" TO a specific destination from ALL other starting points in their network currently running deals, rather than having to fix the Origin of your search. Just fill in the destination field, choose Cabin = Business and hit search...
http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/e...f-the-day.html

Search this Thread