Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 15, 17, 7:21 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Globaliser
Wiki Link
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club 1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380 RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) 600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for 1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for 1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at 2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Old May 30, 17, 3:43 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR, Marriott Ti, HH Diamond, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower View Post
Hi folks,

looking to tap into the collective wisdom to ensure I'm not missing anything.

Wifey and I are heading to NZ (CHC-Christchurch) next March, with ideally two nights in SYD on the way out.

This is what I have so far:

25th March positon from LHR-OSL

26th March OSL-LHR-SIN-SYD arriving 2045 on 27th March

27th and 28th in SYD,
(separate ticket SYD-CHC on 29th, CHC-SYD either 16th April or early 17th April)

17th April SYD-SIN-LHR-OSL

BA 2461 in business.

Any other oneworld options/routes that I'm missing? Stopping in SYD isn't essential, we could fly into AKL or even direct into CHC, but it would have to be considerably cheaper for us to consider it...day or two in SYD is part of the holiday for Wifey really.

And another thing.......there are plenty of Avios flights from SYD-CHC-SYD, but they are all indirect via BNE or MEL, nothing direct. Is this normal?

Thanks!
If your LHR-OSL and SYD-CHC-SYD flights are included in that cost then that's a decent price.

If not, then ARN-AKL on QR can be had for 2150.
Old May 30, 17, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi Wozza2404

That cost was just for OSL-SYD-OSL. I'll use Avios to position and was hoping to use them for SYD-CHC-SYD.

The Qatar fare I've seen, but I'd still have to get down to CHC from there, and if there's a choice between SYD and AKL it would be SYD. It gets into SYD in the evening, which Wifey prefers rather than arriving in the early morning and having to faff around with hotels, bags, jet lag etc.
Old May 30, 17, 4:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
You don't mention TPs so this may not be of interest, but head to the Premium Dares thread and have a look at SQ. Only 1,700 direct on their website (not Google flights) and some nice aircraft. Looks pretty comfortable for Oz
Old May 30, 17, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
You don't mention TPs so this may not be of interest, but head to the Premium Dares thread and have a look at SQ. Only 1,700 direct on their website (not Google flights) and some nice aircraft. Looks pretty comfortable for Oz
Acc to a poster on the premium fares board there is an option direct to CHC, and you could do an open jaw perhaps?

Last edited by dutchgirlDH; May 30, 17 at 5:41 am
Old May 30, 17, 4:27 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Hi Wozza2404

That cost was just for OSL-SYD-OSL. I'll use Avios to position and was hoping to use them for SYD-CHC-SYD.

The Qatar fare I've seen, but I'd still have to get down to CHC from there, and if there's a choice between SYD and AKL it would be SYD. It gets into SYD in the evening, which Wifey prefers rather than arriving in the early morning and having to faff around with hotels, bags, jet lag etc.
You'd be a fool to book these flights this far in advance. Between now and then there is very likely a QR 241 sale or something else. Wait it out. It is not like the price is going to go up much from what you've found already.
Old May 30, 17, 7:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, PG Flyerbonus Priority, UA MileagePlus, Hotels.com Gold
And another thing.......there are plenty of Avios flights from SYD-CHC-SYD, but they are all indirect via BNE or MEL, nothing direct. Is this normal?

Thanks!
BA.com struggles with flights on Qantas from Australia to NZ, because they're all operated by a NZ subsidiary, Qantas Jetconnect. If you sign up to Qantas FFP and search for reward availability you will see what's available. You then need to phone BA to book. I've done exactly this for later this year
Old May 30, 17, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by omk298 View Post
BA.com struggles with flights on Qantas from Australia to NZ, because they're all operated by a NZ subsidiary, Qantas Jetconnect. If you sign up to Qantas FFP and search for reward availability you will see what's available. You then need to phone BA to book. I've done exactly this for later this year
Thanks omk298! I'll do that.
Old May 30, 17, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by henkybaby View Post
You'd be a fool to book these flights this far in advance. Between now and then there is very likely a QR 241 sale or something else. Wait it out. It is not like the price is going to go up much from what you've found already.
All the Qatar flights I've looked at have looooong layovers in DOH and arrive on D+2 rather than D+1. Are there any exceptions?

Edit: I see BUD and OTP arrive on D+1.
Old May 30, 17, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others

All the Qatar flights I've looked at have looooong layovers in DOH and arrive on D+2 rather than D+1.
Unless you're really pushed for time or would have inconvenient DOH arrival and/or departure times there is absolutely nothing wrong with a long layover in DOH; in fact I deliberately plan my own itineraries that way sometimes.

If needed you can either book a night in the airside Airport Hotel (admittedly not cheap at circa GBP200) or, for example, the DoubleTree by Hilton Doha (15 mins from the airport, and available for GBP100) - or QR might even offer you a free hotel.

If you have never flown QR J you really owe it to yourself (and wifey) to try it at least once in your life.
Old May 30, 17, 9:56 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
Unless you're really pushed for time or would have inconvenient DOH arrival and/or departure times there is absolutely nothing wrong with a long layover in DOH; in fact I deliberately plan my own itineraries that way sometimes.

If needed you can either book a night in the airside Airport Hotel (admittedly not cheap at circa GBP200) or, for example, the DoubleTree by Hilton Doha (15 mins from the airport, and available for GBP100) - or QR might even offer you a free hotel.

If you have never flown QR J you really owe it to yourself (and wifey) to try it at least once in your life.
This.

By far the best J product I have flown, And there is a promotion on just now with QR about a free Hotel with a stopover .

When we did the trip a month ago the long layover let us have a day either side of the holiday to see Doha.
Old May 30, 17, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by cgtechuk View Post

By far the best J product I have flown, And there is a promotion on just now with QR about a free Hotel with a stopover .
Unfortunately the promotion I believe you are referring to is only valid for stays up to 30 September 2017. I have no fewer than six such free hotel stays (including the likes of the Four Seasons, Shangri-La and Westin) booked over the next few months for variously self, wife and son.

A combination of QR J and a free high quality hotel is a no-brainer.
Old May 30, 17, 10:22 am

Thanks for the response Phil the Flyer

We've tried the Middle East stopover before, in Dubai with QANTAS/Emirates, and we didn't like it. It just felt that we were wasting two days of annual leave. We have no connection to the ME....We'd rather maximise the time in NZ because we do have a strong connection there (got married out there) and wifey has a strong connection to Sydney too.

If it's amazingly cheaper, we'd do it, but not for 300-400.
Old May 30, 17, 10:36 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Unfortunately the promotion I believe you are referring to is only valid for stays up to 30 September 2017. I have no fewer than six such free hotel stays (including the likes of the Four Seasons, Shangri-La and Westin) booked over the next few months for variously self, wife and son.

A combination of QR J and a free high quality hotel is a no-brainer.
Lucky git, We got denied the STPC as our ticket was too cheap and the free hotel promotion started on our way back haha
Old May 30, 17, 11:03 am

Thanks for the response Phil the Flyer

We've tried the Middle East stopover before, in Dubai with QANTAS/Emirates, and we didn't like it. It just felt that we were wasting two days of annual leave. We have no connection to the ME....We'd rather maximise the time in NZ because we do have a strong connection there (got married out there) and wifey has a strong connection to Sydney too.

If it's amazingly cheaper, we'd do it, but not for 300-400.
Heathrow Tower - OK how about this (short DOH layover times, and you don't even have to leave the British Isles):

24MAR18 DUB DOH QR020 0755 1800
24MAR18 DOH SYD QR908 2055 1900+1
16APR18 SYD DOH QR909 2125 0520+1
17APR18 DOH EDI QR029 0705 1230

GBP2,597 per person business class.

2h 55m in DOH outbound
1h 45m in DOH inbound

787/380/380/787 - wifey will love you forever!
Old May 31, 17, 2:27 am

Just an FYI, EK are dropping the SYD-AKL leg and it's being replaced by a QF332 so you may be able to get an Exec Club booking easier

Search this Thread