Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Mr.JimmyFlyer
Hi there ianfly, thanks for the speedy response. That is a great WTP fare that you recommended! Please excuse my ignorance but how does one go about upgrading to CW for the return journey? Would I just ask at the check-in desk at LAX and try and use my avios? I have plenty of avios so in theory it wouldn't be a problem.
Welcome to FT.

Check out this excellent thread, from the forum Dashboard. It tells you everything you need to know about spending Avios. The section that you want in particular is "Upgrading using Avios": http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...7-edition.html

It is possible to upgrade at the airport, but with cash only (this is known as an AUP - airport upgrade. There is a thread on this board discussing AUPs in detail). It is not possible to use Avios at the airport - you must do this online or by phone.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:30 am

Are these likely to be sale fares and therefore likely to disappear by the end of 31st?

Originally Posted by ianfly
If you have the avios/there is availability it's only £515 in world traveller plus from GOT

https://goo.gl/flights/qFDR

If it was me I would be happy with premium economy on a day flight and just upgrade to CW on the way home

I'm not sure I could justify the extra £1100 for CW myself... you can also fly out of GOT and back into ARN if you wanted to see more of Stockholm as part of the journey
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by yanny baba
Are these likely to be sale fares and therefore likely to disappear by the end of 31st?
As far as I can recall, that particular fare does not have an expiry date. But that also means it could be pulled at any time. I would strike whilst the iron is hot...
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
before you book, see if there are CW seats available to book with avios. Then book and pay for you ticket with BA directly (BA.com) then when you go to manage my booking, you can upgrade with avios. Do this right away while there is still availability (assuming there is) otherwise ring BA and you have 24 hours to cancel

you cant upgrade if you book with a travel agent or obviously if there is no availability

if not, world traveller plus isn't awful and although you shouldn't rely on this, it has a high chance of being oversold and upgraded for free at gate. I would say about 50% of my world traveller plus flights were upgraded to CW at the gate. But you can't rely on this obviously but for day flights I'm happy with WTP

i personally wouldn't pay £1,600 for CW if I could get WTP for £515. For a 10 hour flight, that's £100 an hour.. but you asked for CW deals so hopefully upgrading with avios will work out for you
Great advice ianfly, thanks very much. I can't see any availability to upgrade right now so will keep looking most likely book along the lines of what you recommended. WTP on an A380 will be decent like you said.

The only downside is that the dates you suggested (Monday-Monday) mean that I get two fewer nights in the US, as the LHR-LAX flight is on the Tuesday.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Spire Elite Ambassador, HH Diamond, Avis President’s Club
Great advice ianfly, thanks very much. I can't see any availability to upgrade right now so will keep looking most likely book along the lines of what you recommended. WTP on an A380 will be decent like you said.

The only downside is that the dates you suggested (Monday-Monday) mean that I get two fewer nights in the US, as the LHR-LAX flight is on the Tuesday.
play around with OSL, ARN and GOT and more options do show up.

I booked GOT because I live in London and like to fly GOT-LHR without luggage, go home and then next day fly to LAX
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
Linking to a post in the previous thread

There are two fares, a slightly cheaper INCSALE fare (14 days advanced purchase) and a slightly more expensive INCEU60 fare (60 days advanced purchase). INCSALE fare details here
From what I can see INCSALE is "ticket on/before 1 Feb 2017" whereas the INCEU60 fare has no such restriction. I am unlikely to be in a position to book by tomorrow so can anyone tell me how much more this itinerary will be with INCEU60?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Firemin
Linking to a post in the previous thread

From what I can see INCSALE is "ticket on/before 1 Feb 2017" whereas the INCEU60 fare has no such restriction. I am unlikely to be in a position to book by tomorrow so can anyone tell me how much more this itinerary will be with INCEU60?
I think the base fare difference between the two was around €50-100.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:51 am

play around with OSL, ARN and GOT and more options do show up.

I booked GOT because I live in London and like to fly GOT-LHR without luggage, go home and then next day fly to LAX
Yep, I've spent way too long today messing around with departure dates etc...!! There are some great deals leaving on the previous Thurs or Friday but this will push the cost of the trip up purely on the basis of extra hotel nights and spending money.

Here's where it gets silly / interesting / annoying... (delete as appropriate)

The fare of circa £500 is a great find. However, factoring in the following costs:

Extra transport (taxi) to and from LHR for the GOT/ARN flights on the previous day = £150.
Night in a hotel in GOT/ARN for the return leg: circa £100
Booking fee / flight cost for positioning reward flights: £50

So that adds up to £800. I can book direct with BA and get a return WTP ticket without all the 'buggering about' for £883.

*Scratches head*
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA
AMS to BKK on BA in J during March for £1100ish is pretty well known, the avios gained on the booking for a lowly blue was quoted as 20k for 2 pax, but when I checked on BA calculator for the 4 legs I estimated a gain of 32k or 60k depending upon ticket class? What am I doing wrong?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Virazuno
Welcome to FT.

Check out this excellent thread, from the forum Dashboard. It tells you everything you need to know about spending Avios. The section that you want in particular is "Upgrading using Avios": http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...7-edition.html

It is possible to upgrade at the airport, but with cash only (this is known as an AUP - airport upgrade. There is a thread on this board discussing AUPs in detail). It is not possible to use Avios at the airport - you must do this online or by phone.
Thanks Virazuno! ^
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
So that adds up to £800. I can book direct with BA and get a return WTP ticket without all the 'buggering about' for £883.

*Scratches head*
You pay your money and take your choice...

Just to note this thread is for J and F fares only, there's a separate thread for the discussion of WTP fares and potential upgrade opportunities:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Yep, I've spent way too long today messing around with departure dates etc...!! There are some great deals leaving on the previous Thurs or Friday but this will push the cost of the trip up purely on the basis of extra hotel nights and spending money.

Here's where it gets silly / interesting / annoying... (delete as appropriate)

The fare of circa £500 is a great find. However, factoring in the following costs:

Extra transport (taxi) to and from LHR for the GOT/ARN flights on the previous day = £150.
Night in a hotel in GOT/ARN for the return leg: circa £100
Booking fee / flight cost for positioning reward flights: £50

*Scratches head*
Your spoiling the fun

You could easily be put off by a hard-headed look at the costs of positioning for these flights, together with the risks in connections and the time AND the faff.

So best not to look.....
Old Feb 1, 2017, 1:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
i think a number of us here would take all the faff of positioning time and costs to not have to fly WTP.... I'd certainly not be booking it, so my comparison fare is not WT+, but at least a grand more for Club.
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:57 am

Some significant increases in advanced purchase fares out of Scandinavia, especially ARN, have appeared overnight
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:16 am

I managed to lock in the following yesterday before the INCSALE ended and prices went up:

OSL via LHR to BKK (BA)
BKK to SYD (QF)
SYD to HKG (CX)
HKG to LHR (BA)
LHR to OSL (BA)

All direct and in business for 5 pax with adults priced at £2,463 (higher than it would have been if LHR wasn't a separate leg on the return). Dates are late July into August.

So, the million dollar question, as I am in the 24 hour cooling off period: do I stick or twist? Is this a good price or will I likely see better if I wait?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.