Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club 1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380 RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) 600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for 1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for 1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at 2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Old May 17, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I'm greedy and have lots of requirements () which include; lay flat wherever possible - 24hrs stop in VEGAS - not Saturday as hotels too pricey - not fussed about night in MIA - defo SEA and returning through Heathrow.

Talk about Prima Donna !!! Can anyone tweak this?

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

Ohhh, and minimal annual leave!
So now you want 24hr stops in SEA AND LAS? Not asking for much!

Give me the dates and I can work something out. Should be possible pretty easily.
Old May 17, 2017, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Haha ! Yes I want both - and starting on 21/22 or 28/29 July. See what you can do
Old May 17, 2017, 4:45 am

Haha ! Yes I want both - and starting on 21/22 or 28/29 July. See what you can do
Like this? Note: out of ZRH and into GVA (not really a problem)
Attached Images  
Old May 17, 2017, 4:54 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
I've been looking at seeing if there is a way for me to get to Vegas from the UK using the exZRH/GVA, but when I add flights at both ends (BRS/LON -> and wherever I finish -> Vegas), it ends up with a LOT of flights. Anyone got any ideas? Flying dates approx June 4-30th
Old May 17, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by Paul Coles
I've been looking at seeing if there is a way for me to get to Vegas from the UK using the exZRH/GVA, but when I add flights at both ends (BRS/LON -> and wherever I finish -> Vegas), it ends up with a LOT of flights. Anyone got any ideas? Flying dates approx June 4-30th
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to add BRS/LON at the beginning of the ticket? This is not possible.

You need to start this ticket in ZRH/GVA. Any positioning you may need to do must be on a separate ticket (which comes with its own risks, of course, but you can position the day before to reduce the risk dramatically).

Also, LAS is not included in the ex-ZRH/GVA fare, so you will need to position (on another separate ticket) from somewhere like SFO or LAX. Getting to LAS from these cities is very easy.
Old May 17, 2017, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks rossmacd - I've PM'd you so as not to hog the thread
Old May 17, 2017, 5:59 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you trying to add BRS/LON at the beginning of the ticket? This is not possible.

You need to start this ticket in ZRH/GVA. Any positioning you may need to do must be on a separate ticket (which comes with its own risks, of course, but you can position the day before to reduce the risk dramatically).

Also, LAS is not included in the ex-ZRH/GVA fare, so you will need to position (on another separate ticket) from somewhere like SFO or LAX. Getting to LAS from these cities is very easy.
Thanks for the reply rossmacd. I know I can't add a UK start, so my question was more about adding LAS to the end. With adding those separate flights to a ZRH-JFK-SFO, that would be quite a trek especially on the return, and having to leave time to avoid missing flights at each end
Old May 17, 2017, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA
Originally Posted by dakaix
Have just built a similar itinerary (albeit with 40hrs in SEA):
GVA-MAD-MIA-LAX-SFO//SFO-SEA-SFO//SFO-LAX-JFK-HEL-ZRH
1190 for GVA-SFO and 720TP
188 for SFO-SEA, AA codeshare operated by AS, and 15TP (subject to BAEC wrangling)

Lots of other routings available via MAD (JFK, PHL, CLT, MIA), we've done the HEL option on the return as my friend wanted to avoid the IB A330's we're forced on due to the schedule.
Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the IB 330?
Old May 17, 2017, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talk about Prima Donna !!! Can anyone tweak this?

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?f=...=ONEWORLD;eo=e

Ohhh, and minimal annual leave!

Careful, your ZRH-JFK and JFK-MIA are on the same flight number. This means you'll only get 140 TPs.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the IB 330?
The IB 332 J seat has a fairly restrictive cubby hole for your feet; my friend preferred to avoid that so as to have more space for sleeping (as it is the return overnight). Sadly we can't make the AA 772 or A330 options work in the schedule, and so AY's A330 is the next best alternative and should be better for sleeping.

You can kind of see the constraint here, the seat cubby noticeably narrows by nearly 20%:
Old May 17, 2017, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Paul Coles
Thanks for the reply rossmacd. I know I can't add a UK start, so my question was more about adding LAS to the end. With adding those separate flights to a ZRH-JFK-SFO, that would be quite a trek especially on the return, and having to leave time to avoid missing flights at each end
Personally, if I was to get a transatlantic business class flight to the west coast for only 1,150 and a short sector out to LAS (only $90 USD on Spirit) then I would put up with the positioning at both ends. But everyone is different
Old May 17, 2017, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The IB 332 J seat has a fairly restrictive cubby hole for your feet; my friend preferred to avoid that so as to have more space for sleeping (as it is the return overnight). Sadly we can't make the AA 772 or A330 options work in the schedule, and so AY's A330 is the next best alternative and should be better for sleeping.

You can kind of see the constraint here, the seat cubby noticeably narrows by nearly 20%:
I see what you mean - but I'm pretty sure AY's A330 has the same, if not worse, issue! Similar to the CW A321s.
Old May 17, 2017, 6:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite

I still prefer this to reverse herringbone seats like QR's 787/A380 seats where the foot cubby is even smaller!
Old May 17, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by florens
I still prefer this to reverse herringbone seats like QR's 787/A380 seats where the foot cubby is even smaller!
+1, plus at least the IB foot cubby isn't enclosed entirely. The reverse herringbone seats essentially have a hole for them and it's all quite constrictive. Also worth noting the window seats have little to no constriction of your feet.

Never had a problem with my feet on the IB seat.
Old May 17, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Originally Posted by BA6501
I see what you mean - but I'm pretty sure AY's A330 has the same, if not worse, issue! Similar to the CW A321s.
There's a similar issue for AY, particularly for the "throne" window seats, however the aisle side seats are more open around the lower leg area even than IB. Plus as there's no width constriction if you sleep flat on your back it is therefore a more suitable configuration.

As ever personal preferences will override the choice!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.