Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by brentford77
If you're looking for LA...

I am looking at a trip and found this almost too good to be true: from Zagreb to Burbank (not LAX) for £1,261. 680tps if my maths is ok. You do need to put up with a night in Vegas outbound which will be a dreadful hardship to most...

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/?gl...=ONEWORLD;eo=e
Good find! I think it's 40+140+40+40 + 40+140+140+40 = 620. The domestic "firsts" book into business class codes now on AA

You can also do ZAG-LAX for a few £ less and a few more TPs routing through JFK, but you'd lose an overnight stop in Vegas:

ZAG-LHR-JFK-PHX-LAX-PHX-JFK-LHR-ZAG is widely available at £1,241 for 720 TPs
Old May 12, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Good find! I think it's 40+140+40+40 + 40+140+140+40 = 620. The domestic "firsts" book into business class codes now on AA

You can also do ZAG-LAX for a few £ less and a few more TPs routing through JFK, but you'd lose an overnight stop in Vegas:

ZAG-LHR-JFK-PHX-LAX-PHX-JFK-LHR-ZAG is widely available at £1,241 for 720 TPs
How did you get the via JFK route out of interest and do you happen to know whether back to back turnaround works at ZAG? I know there is a wiki on this somewhere...but can't locate it!
Old May 12, 2017, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by brentford77
How did you get the via JFK route out of interest and do you happen to know whether back to back turnaround works at ZAG? I know there is a wiki on this somewhere...but can't locate it!
The B2B wiki is here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tinations.html

"ZAG: Very good | Good | Reasonable - ask to use the International Transfer channel on the left side of the passport hall, you need a boarding pass/App. NOTE: New terminal just opened, so this info needs updating".

If you enter this into Matrix you'll get a lot of options at the £1,241 price point (change the length and start date to explore further):
Attached Images  
Old May 12, 2017, 3:50 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Fitch
One wrinkle to booking this sort of thing is to leave country set to USA on aa.com then pay in $ with UK Paypal - this will preserve the dollar price quoted. Of you switch country to UK, bad* things happen :-D
Thanks very much for this tip.
Old May 13, 2017, 2:42 am

Im sure i saw a good fare to Miami in the last few days on here but now i cant see it. Can anyone help for August/September Ex EU ?
Old May 13, 2017, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
This one:
I booked this (OTP-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-PHX-PHL-LHR-HEL-LHR-OTP) last night - just for fun. Had to do it with AA over the phone, which resulted in my husband being turned into Mrs, then not one but two typos in his name. 4 hours of too & fro, and eventually sorted (although we now have 4 booking references!!)
Anyone else decided to take the plunge with this one?
Old May 13, 2017, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by puqui99
I booked this (OTP-LHR-HEL-LHR-JFK-PHX-PHL-LHR-HEL-LHR-OTP) last night - just for fun. Had to do it with AA over the phone, which resulted in my husband being turned into Mrs, then not one but two typos in his name. 4 hours of too & fro, and eventually sorted (although we now have 4 booking references!!)
Fantastic ^ When are you going?

It can be booked on AA.com quite easily, if you used the Powertool addon for Matrix.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm seriously considering it!

For reference, BA CS priced the itinerary up without problem by swapping HEL - LHR on the 28th to a Finnair flight number - the price was about £20 less than the price quoted on ITA too.
Old May 13, 2017, 3:56 am

Fantastic ^ When are you going?

It can be booked on AA.com quite easily, if you used the Powertool addon for Matrix.
I spent ages on ITA Matrix, then trying to manually create on AA.com (kept routing me via ORD, with a lot less points.) I did not know about the Powertool addon! We are doing the exact itinerary you suggested on the dates suggested. AA waived the booking fee on request over the phone, too. The total tier points showing is actually 1040 in my BAEC account, and for gold, it's showing we'll earn 44,030 Avios each. We used miles for the LHR to OTP positioning flight, as on those dates, even HBO would have been over £250 each. Thanks so much, @rossmacd for sharing this route. Another GUF2 bagged for me & my husband!
Old May 13, 2017, 4:01 am

I spent ages on ITA Matrix, then trying to manually create on AA.com (kept routing me via ORD, with a lot less points.) I did not know about the Powertool addon! We are doing the exact itinerary you suggested on the dates suggested. AA waived the booking fee on request over the phone, too. The total tier points showing is actually 1040 in my BAEC account, and for gold, it's showing we'll earn 44,030 Avios each. We used miles for the LHR to OTP positioning flight, as on those dates, even HBO would have been over £250 each. Thanks so much, @rossmacd for sharing this route. Another GUF2 bagged for me & my husband!
Yes, search for the powertools addon - it will save you hours onto contact centres spelling out the exact routing and fare codes you want - I am sure the tool is linked several times in this thread or the BA Tier Points Runs thread.

I cannot take credit for this one - someone else posted it originally (not sure who!), but I just worked it into something that can be done over a weekend for those so inclined
Old May 13, 2017, 4:10 am

Yes, search for the powertools addon - it will save you hours onto contact centres spelling out the exact routing and fare codes you want - I am sure the tool is linked several times in this thread or the BA Tier Points Runs thread.

I cannot take credit for this one - someone else posted it originally (not sure who!), but I just worked it into something that can be done over a weekend for those so inclined
ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK
Old May 13, 2017, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by ben1991
I'm seriously considering it!

For reference, BA CS priced the itinerary up without problem by swapping HEL - LHR on the 28th to a Finnair flight number - the price was about £20 less than the price quoted on ITA too.
Every little helps at the amount, @ben1991! Let me know if you decide to take the plunge.
Old May 13, 2017, 4:45 am

Wow, the Powertool Addon script is amazing! Would have saved a lot of hassle last night. Only thing is even when I select multiple passengers, I only get a price through for a single traveller. Tried it on a few different flights and carrier options, too.
Old May 13, 2017, 8:35 am

For more than one passenger (the default) you need to click top left on the script that Powertools adds to the matrix page, click on the number of passengers, change it to 2, and click on confirm in the same box

If you select AA US/UK you will fail at the credit card hurdle unless you have a US card and address

Select AA Europe and you can use a UK based card :-)
Old May 13, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Ned1968
For more than one passenger (the default) you need to click top left on the script that Powertools adds to the matrix page, click on the number of passengers, change it to 2, and click on confirm in the same box

If you select AA US/UK you will fail at the credit card hurdle unless you have a US card and address

Select AA Europe and you can use a UK based card :-)
Alternatively place the booking on hold, then ring up AA UK and get them to reprice into GBP (often quite favourable) and pay with your UK card that way ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.