Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals.
This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads for that can be found below.

Also in 2017: Enjoy your Premium Experience.

Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)

Update August 4th 2017:
QR: TUN-DOH-KUL return (J), ~£1000, 560TP
QR: TUN-DOH-JNB return (J), ~£1111, 560TP
QR: VCE-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1242, 560TP
QR: HEL-DOH-BKK return (J), ~£1321, 560TP [AVAILABLE - BOOKING 23AUG17 ONLY - FOR GBP1217]
MH: KUL-PER return (J), ~£664, 280TP
BA/AA: LHR-MIA-PTY return (J), ~£1300, 560TP
BA: MXP-LHR-DXB return (J), ~£1150, 360TP
BA: AMS-LHR-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA/IB/AA: MXP-LHR/MAD-JFK return (J), ~£1700, 360TP
BA/AA: INV-LHR-ORD return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
QR/UL: FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return (J), ~£1351, 640TP
AY: OSL-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1200, 360TP
AY: ARN-HEL-BKK return (J), ~£1300, 360TP
BA: HEL-LHR-BRU-LHR-HEL (J) ~£580, 240TP

Expired
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards.. (expired 1st Feb)
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330...(Expired 1st Feb)

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.

Please use http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...are-deals.html for WT or WTP deals.

Here is a link to the original Premium Fare Deals thread.

Print Wikipost

Premium Fare Deals (J and F) - 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: BA
Malaysian LHR to HKT or BKK or SIN in march for £1200 each.

Is this a good deal? and how many TP's/Avios would this accrue for a lowly blue.

Looking for a little winter sun.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by heronb
Malaysian LHR to HKT or BKK or SIN in march for £1200 each.

Is this a good deal? and how many TP's/Avios would this accrue for a lowly blue.

Looking for a little winter sun.
Where are you seeing this fare? I can only find things up near £1,500 per person. Given (for me) no need to position, this is quite tempting...
Old Feb 11, 2017, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by bras0978
Where are you seeing this fare? I can only find things up near £1,500 per person. Given (for me) no need to position, this is quite tempting...
It is the ebookers deal. Discussed in the previous thread and here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...0-1500-mh.html
Old Feb 11, 2017, 12:50 pm

The MH sale is pretty decent: book before the end of the month and there are plenty of destinations on the MH web site; most of them in Malaysia plus Thailand, Cambodia, Bali, a few destinations in Oz etc.
Availability is decent, but not fantastic. I just booked a trip for three of us to Langkawi in April. Nice cheap J flight on the way out but had to pick F on the way back, which was cheaper than J due to only flexible fares being left on the day I wanted to return (work commitments limited the return date). Still, F on a daytime flight could be fun (I've only ever done it on BA and QR on night time flights and couldn't see the value over J).

Expedia (and ebookers) provided good deals, as mentioned previously up thread and in the premium fares forum. I booked a swanky hotel as part of the package for a very good price (well under £100 a night) when compared to the flights alone. In my case I booked it for the entire stay.

Expedia's search tool is not the greatest at finding deals across flexible dates. Use google flights and the calendar or flexible dates options to find the best fare for the flight (or use the MH website which also works quite well). Then use Expedia to do the booking. If you choose a mid-range hotel you'll essentially get it for nothing.

If you're chasing tier points, it's not great, as although you'll get 160 to KUL, the second leg will most likely be 40. That's in J of course. A similar flight stopping in DOH would get you 140 per leg. I did look at QR for SE Asian destinations but the longer leg was the daytime one, which didn't appeal. I've done LHR to DOH plenty of times and even if you can get your head down as soon as the seat belt sign goes off, it's not long enough for a proper sleep.

Talking of QR, on Google flights at the moment (or at least last night), they're quoting <2K to DPS, on BA flight numbers (and a BA flight) to DOH then QR to DPS. It says you need to call QR for the deal and both the QR and BA web sites were quoting double that. The timings put me off, so I didn't investigate further but others may be tempted.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: BA
As mentioned earlier it's the Expedia, ebookers deal when booked with a hotel (only one night required), how is the MH business option? Does it compare well with others?
Old Feb 11, 2017, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by heronb
As mentioned earlier it's the Expedia, ebookers deal when booked with a hotel (only one night required), how is the MH business option? Does it compare well with others?
I haven't actually flown MH before, so I'm going to find this out. From some quick research it depends on the plane you're on. The A330 have been changed recently and are featured on the MH web site. The A380, which they use to LHR, appears to have a similar configuration to QR's 777 (2-2-2 forward facing). There are threads here on FT that suggest they had an issue early on where they weren't completely flat, but this has been rectified (I'd appreciate it if someone who's actually experienced them could comment.)

Seatguru has details - I presume they're correct.

No idea what the food offering is like but I plan to spend much of the journey asleep.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
F&B on MH is really good. Much better than BA IMHO. You can pre-order as well. Service also pretty good.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by dolfinco
Hi all, QR sale just now offering J for £2100 for 2 people CDG to SYD over Christmas and New Year when we are wanting to go.

Went last year in April on a BA sale fare from OSL for £1700 and just wondering the collective view on potential sales for that price again for that period.

Appreciate nobody can say with certainty but hoping past frequency might be a guide.

Should i wait ?
Sorry made a mug of my wording. Its £2100 per person for 2 people.....if that makes sense. Im assuming the price is 2 for 1 deal.
Old Feb 13, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
F&B on MH is really good. Much better than BA IMHO. You can pre-order as well. Service also pretty good.
I'd second that, in particular the satay trolley was fabulous and the service outstanding.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:47 am

The AA MAN to SAT deal at around £1100. I priced one up I liked, and used the book with matrix site. I then did a hold on it. I decided today to confirm and pay, but the AA website insists on jumping to the UK site when I want to use a UK credit card. It then won't either find the flights in multi city, or use the record locator I already have. I phoned AA and they priced it at over £4K so that's not happening. What trick am I missing, I assumed I'd have to pay in US Dollars, and was happy with that.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by dougzz
The AA MAN to SAT deal at around £1100. I priced one up I liked, and used the book with matrix site. I then did a hold on it. I decided today to confirm and pay, but the AA website insists on jumping to the UK site when I want to use a UK credit card. It then won't either find the flights in multi city, or use the record locator I already have. I phoned AA and they priced it at over £4K so that's not happening. What trick am I missing, I assumed I'd have to pay in US Dollars, and was happy with that.
If you can get the fare on ITA Matrix, use the PowerTools to forward you to the AA UK site?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR

Probably a POS issue where there is no availability left from UK POS.

The solution I used before was when I was paying on the USA site was to fill in my address accurately but put in a random state and say I was in the USA when I was actually in the UK. YMMV obviously but worked for me. Dont know if that will cause ramifications elsewhere or what .Alternative is call the US number but I would have thought given that the flight originates in the UK it should be £ anyway

If you called them up you could ask what class each of the flights are in you might then find out the flight with no availability.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I had exactly the same problem - the US site sent me to the UK site, and the UK site wouldn't offer the same flights or fare that I had found.

I got around it by going to AA's German website and booking it there. I was able to use my UK credit card.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:02 am

Thanks both for the replies. In the end I went with the German option too, based on XE the Euro conversion will be about £20 less than the US$ anyway, but mostly I just wanted to complete the booking without cheating the website.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you are using itamatrix it is worth using ITA powertools http://armouredminds.com/dev/powertools/ which will provide links to drop you straight in to a wide range of AA country specific sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.