Search

BA Aircraft Change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Old style, refurbished.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Shame you were not flying Club as you would have had lie flat
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
Old style, refurbished.
Not quite... just to make things complicated some of the hi-J refurbished 747s have the new WTP seats and some have refurbished old seats. I know this because I have flown both versions. Almost impossible to predict whether you will get the new seat or a refurbished version of the old seat I’m afraid.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:04 pm

Has the Old Style Refurbished seats been updated with the bigger IFE Panasonic screens?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:11 pm

Has the Old Style Refurbished seats been updated with the bigger IFE Panasonic screens?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by Starship73

Not quite... just to make things complicated some of the hi-J refurbished 747s have the new WTP seats and some have refurbished old seats. I know this because I have flown both versions. Almost impossible to predict whether you will get thenew seat or a refurbished version of the old seat I’m afraid.
None of the B744s have the new WTP seats, the super high J have a refurbished original seat with the Panasonic IFE system .
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: BAEC
On the Super Hi J refurbished 747s the WTP cabins have move completely back to rows 33-36 to accommodate the extra Club World Seats (86 in total) therefore the seat covers are new along with IFE. It’s the Panasonic system. So very good in today’s standards.

If you’re very very lucky it may even be a 747 with WiFi fitted (only 4 or 5 of these so far).

WTP in the newer cabins are great for the fairly short day flights to East Coast and certainly comfy enough for the longer sectors.

I personally think there is more chance on these Super Hi J aircraft for an Op Up, as it’s a fairly small Plus Cabin and lots of CW Seats to fill, when travelling solo and with status but that is a lottery. It’s not guaranteed nor do we truely know how operational
upgrades work or it maybe that I’ve just been lucky on this aircraft.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 4:07 pm

Well that makes sense since my seat is 34K - Right now to upgrade to Club World is 440 per person one way. Any chance if I get to the airport on the day of and there's available seats in CW, can I upgrade for a cheaper price?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.