BA lounge IAD

Old Jan 28, 17, 6:45 am
Original Poster

BA lounge IAD

Can someone please provide some guidance for the BA IAD lounge? A Google search has not resulted in the identification of lounge reviews that are particularly clear.

Can someone please confirm the following:
  • There is CCR dining room for First pax and CCR card holders (CCR holder can be travelling in any cabin) only, open from 1430h
  • There is a Club World dining room for CW pax only, open from 1630h
  • Silver/OWS travelling in WT or WT+ cannot use Club World dining room
  • Gold/OWE travelling in WT, WT+ or CW cannot use CCR dining room
  • Gold/OWE travelling in WT or WT+ cannot use Club World dining room

Additional questions:
  • Is there a separate Galleries Club for CW pax or Silver/OWS travelling in WT or WT+?
    • If so, is there a hot buffet?
  • Is is there a separate Galleries First for First or Gold/OWE travelling in CW, WT+ or WT?
    • If so, is there a hot buffet?
Old Jan 28, 17, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
You are correct regarding Concorde Dining (First ticketed pax/Premier/CCR cardholders) and Club World Pre-Flight Supper (Club World ticketed pax).

The lounge is one single lounge, shared between F/J and is branded as the 'British Airways lounge' (not Galleries branded). Concorde Dining is to the right of reception, the main lounge area is straight ahead with the Club World Pre-Flight Supper area halfway down on the right, at the rear of the main lounge buffet area. There is a small VIP seating room by invitation only, and a small Concorde seating area and bar before the Concorde Dining Room.

The main lounge buffet has sandwiches, salad, cheese, fruit, crisps, nuts, sweets and biscuits. No hot food here.

I was in the lounge (and CW Pre-Flight Supper) a couple of weeks back and have a full photo review coming soon as part of a wider trip report series.

Last edited by Genius1; Jan 28, 17 at 7:25 am
Old Jan 28, 17, 6:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
- Galleries lounge has separate Concorde Dining for First pax; it's all in the one lounge space
- Dining opens at 14:45 according to the bit of paper pasted over the lounge times (it's 16:30 for Club pax wanting hot food in non-Concorde dining area).
- Bag drop desks for BA won't open until a purported 15:30 (however you may find they open at 14:30 against this information)
Old Jan 28, 17, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Agree about bag-drop opening time. Our last trip it opend at 1430, despite signs saying 1530 (and it used to be 1509, IIRC).

Lounge ... I would also mention the hot soup, which is invariably excellent IME. Far end of the Lounge, tucked around the corner on the left by the sandwiches/wraps etc.
Old Jan 28, 17, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Far end of the Lounge, tucked around the corner on the left by the sandwiches/wraps etc.
That's a good call - is that the smaller buffet opposite the bar? I don't recall seeing soup on the main buffet near CW PFS.
Old Jan 28, 17, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
That's a good call - is that the smaller buffet opposite the bar? I don't recall seeing soup on the main buffet near CW PFS.
Correct.

The soup pot was/is tucked right against the wall on the left end of the array, so actually invisible from the Bar and thus easily missed.
Old Jan 28, 17, 9:24 am

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Dining in the CCR area was fine. Smiling staff couldn't do more for us and the food was excellent. I would recommend it to the on board menu although it depends on your flight time if and when you want to eat a full meal.
Old Jan 28, 17, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lloydah View Post
Dining in the CCR area was fine. Smiling staff couldn't do more for us and the food was excellent. I would recommend it to the on board menu although it depends on your flight time if and when you want to eat a full meal.
Seems a good reason to maintain 5,000 TP annually if CCR dining is available even travelling WT or WT+ from IAD....JFK & LHR on its own is not justified, particularly when LHR Galleries First is good enough.
Old Jan 31, 17, 6:48 am

If i'm arriving on BA in F and flying out a few hours later AA F Domestic, does anyone know if i can use CCR dining (on the basis of the inbound F)?
Old Jan 31, 17, 7:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by liamrugby View Post
If i'm arriving on BA in F and flying out a few hours later AA F Domestic, does anyone know if i can use CCR dining (on the basis of the inbound F)?
You shouldn't, but if you ask nicely at the front desk, you may find them agreeable if connecting.
Old Jan 31, 17, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
You shouldn't, but if you ask nicely at the front desk, you may find them agreeable if connecting.
Cheers will try my best charm...
Old Jan 31, 17, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Is the excellent bartender still there?
Old Jan 31, 17, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
Jerry has sadly moved on, and mentioned on here at some point. He was an amazing character.
Old Jan 31, 17, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Jerry has sadly moved on, and mentioned on here at some point. He was an amazing character.
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-lounge-8.html
Old Nov 29, 17, 4:59 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Anyone know if you can use the lounge if you are on an AA domestic flight and you have OW Emerald or Sapphire membership?

Search this Thread