Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Holidays bookings - BAEC earning

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:35 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Originally Posted by KARFA
I don't think there are any non earning business selling classes I can think of? You are right that there doesn't seem to be a way to check selling class during booking tho.
Originally Posted by firstlight
Normally we see it go into I, sometimes into R. If it were to book into J it would normally be too expensive for us. Always earns avios, some classes more than others (R,J earn more than I). If you upgrade a holiday flight with Avios from one class to another (e.g. premium to business) you will see it as U, Z if you are upgrading into first.
Originally Posted by efincomputer
I booked business class via BAH for a round trip to LA (going the long way of course - wouldn't want to miss out on TPs). Mine is an Ex-Eu departing from Dublin and all the flights were in I class, other than (for some reason) the CE legs from Dublin to Heathrow.
DUB-LHR - Club Europe (BA) - J class, LHR-JFK - Club World (BA) - I class, JFK-SFO - Business (AA) - I class, SFO-LAX - First (AA) - I class. Return is the exact same in reverse.
Thanks to each of you!

Good to know it credits into a "known, public" fare class. I was thinking of crediting a potential BAH itinerary to a OW partner like AA; seems like it would credit as normally/correctly as a "regular" itinerary (a 'flight only' ticket). Or at least, I hope.
efincomputer and KARFA like this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 7:44 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by londonba2014
2.) I read something about using an LHR hotel on the night before your flight as the 'hotel' element of the booking - I can't seem to get this option up under customise my trip - any ideas?
It's doable, but you might need to call them up to make it happen - not sure it will let you chose one purely online. I had a night added for Dublin the night before my upcoming BAH trip in October, so i can see no reason why they can't. YMMV though.
londonba2014 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.