Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Split airport lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Croat30
Note that SPU opened a new airport terminal on July 13th and it includes a new general lounge. I haven't seen it yet but it wouldn't take much to be a step up from the old.

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/t...-split-airport
That is very welcome news indeed!
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by Croat30
Note that SPU opened a new airport terminal on July 13th and it includes a new general lounge. I haven't seen it yet but it wouldn't take much to be a step up from the old.

https://www.total-croatia-news.com/t...-split-airport
just by way of comparison, when Zagreb opened their new terminal, the contract lounge took a big step forward in terms of food, drinks, seating, and services (massage chairs, bathroom inside the lounge, etc.) So it is not impossible that the new lounge in the new terminal in Split will also be a step up from the old one. will post pictures at the end of August if someone doesn't do so before then.

edit 10 august: the lounge is actually upstairs after security (no lift) but before passport control. about twice as big as the old lounge but fairly simple. mostly chair groups with a view over the two domestic gates. food and drink against the back wall. hopefully they will add priority pass eventually.

Last edited by eefor jfp; Aug 10, 2019 at 8:45 am Reason: added last paragraph
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:18 am

New lounge

Passport queue

View

New checkin area. Still no airline specific belts.

Lounge

Total food offering

Drinks
The new lounge is (as described above) straight after security upstairs, before passports (slightly annoyingly). You can monitor the length of the passport queue from the lounge though, as it looks over the booths.

The lounge is a much nicer space, but is effectively the same offering as the last one, chairs, tables drinks and nuts. There is also a business centre (currently closed off) to the side.
Old Jul 29, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: BAEC
As a 2022 update..

Food offerings are still very, very limited.
Drinks are ok (soft, beer, wine and some spirits).

We are in CE, so no issue with access - although there is a prominent sign saying 'no frequent flyer benefits' - so not sure if you were gold/ silver etc you would get in.

it's quite a nice space for somewhere quiet to wait - there is maybe 50 seats in total - so capacity may be an issue (& is maybe why the access appear limited)
noFODplease likes this.

Last edited by decowie1903; Jul 30, 2022 at 1:22 am
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Here’s the current access rules sign for the Split airport lounge. I’m not sure what “no frequent traveller benefits” means - as per the listing on the OneWorld website BA silver and golds ought to be admitted and certainly used to be (travelling in CE today so there was no debate).

T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2022, 10:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by volar
I’m not sure what “no frequent traveller benefits” means
That's a reference to Lufthansa Group's FTLs, who don't get access in SPU.
volar likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
I guess it could also refer to guesting etc which is an FF benefit not a cabin based beneft?
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
Data point.

I would like to confirm that the Split lounge has the worst coffee I have ever had to endure in an airport, ever. Arrive caffeinated.
Old May 16, 2023, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Food looks miserable, but glad to see mini splits of wine. Might pop an extra in my bag for the hotel later

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.