Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA "has no record of my upgrade" - reverse charges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA "has no record of my upgrade" - reverse charges?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:40 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
My handful of AUPs (a sample size of two, I believe, given I tend to pay for the cabin I want in the first place) have always posted automatically. I haven't done one since the implementation of FLY though, so maybe that's made a difference.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
My handful of AUPs (a sample size of two, I believe) have always posted automatically. I haven't done one since the implementation of FLY though, so maybe that's made a difference.
Ah ok, maybe things have changed then. It always seemed to be the case AUPs never posted automatically.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:44 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Exec Club
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can get around that aspect by using Skype or VOIP to call Newcastle during UK office hours, which will give you a few more hours earlier in the morning. Numbers are in the Dashboard.
I can divert calls to the UK through my work, thanks for the tip.

I have no idea why there system does not divert anyone calling regardless of caller to an open Relations agent. This is how we work and makes sense.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
My AUPs - shorthaul - largely post automatically. I can't remember having to intervene recently, indeed I recall Nikki coming on here to tell us that they've made an extra effort to fix this for POUGs and AUPs. It used to never post automatically on return tickets, and hit/miss on single tickets. On return tickets one sector would sometimes correctly post but the un-upgraded section would give a big zero.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:49 am

Did you not get an AUP receipt? I have only ever done AUP's ex-USA & ex-Canada but everytime I've done it, they print around 4 boarding pass styled receipts that have something along the lines of the price paid and the cabin moved from and to.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:53 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Exec Club
I got a new boarding pass and a receipt that stated the amount I paid. Both of them, along with my bank statement was given to BA.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by OSIModel
I got a new boarding pass and a receipt that stated the amount I paid. Both of them, along with my bank statement was given to BA.
I don't understand how they think you are chancing it then. Ridiculous.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:06 am

I have never had an AUP post correctly without manual intervention. That's in over a dozen cases.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:07 am

Did you pay by credit card? If you can find T&Cs that state you are entitled to the TPs + miles you could file a charge-back for not receiving what you paid for?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:07 am

You even have a receipt? I assumed it was bank transaction only (which is still enough evidence).

Bizarre behaviour from BA!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
My opinion is the money I paid for the upgrade should be reversed.
Originally Posted by switch007
Did you pay by credit card? If you can find T&Cs that state you are entitled to the TPs + miles you could file a charge-back for not receiving what you paid for?
I'd be every bit as frustrated if I'd paid for an AUP and was getting the run-around over the getting the correct Avios and TPs.

But come on: You paid to sit in CW instead of WT+. You sat in CW. You got the CW service. You've even got the Avios and TPs for WT+. Between that, that was the vast bulk of what you'd paid for. Do you really think you're justified in asking for all of your money back just because you didn't the extra Avios and TPs for CW?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I'd be every bit as frustrated if I'd paid for an AUP and was getting the run-around over the getting the correct Avios and TPs.

But come on: You paid to sit in CW instead of WT+. You sat in CW. You got the CW service. You've even got the Avios and TPs for WT+. Between that, that was the vast bulk of what you'd paid for. Do you really think you're justified in asking for all of your money back just because you didn't the extra Avios and TPs for CW?
Of course he's not. But I would think that the award of extra Avios amounts to a warranty to the contract, and if not fulfilled, it would be reasonable to claim the cost of buying those Avios.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: KE MC Premium, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, AZ FA+, Melia Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
If it made a difference between moving tiers, and I had only done the AUP for that reason, I would feel like claiming everything back. I'm not saying that is the situation for the OP, but everyone values things differently. For some people, the TPs are more important than the seat.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Initiate a chargeback. My guess is they will very quickly find the record of your upgrade.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by KARFA
I think this goes against the many experiences posted on here where it seems AUP always need post flight intervention.
My AUPs have always posted correctly, a couple of times in DUB and once in ARN. No problem with the Avios and TPs posting correctly for Club Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.