Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CityFlyer routes from Manchester

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by navylad
Ay yes, doubt it will go anywhere, the claim is factually correct, press releases aren't subject to CAP code, the direct marketing doesn't contain this claim and the ASA in reality have very little authority despite their name, but feel free.
I disagree that it's factually correct. It's misleading in exactly the way the CAP code seeks to prevent. Free seat selection at online check-in would be factually correct.

You're right that press releases are excluded, but I have seen BA make similar claims in High Life which is not. I'll keep an eye out to see if this is placed elsewhere, as I'm starting to get quite pissed off with BA's marketing crap.

The ASA have authority to make rulings which, while only a slap on the wrist, are made public and have quite an impact.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I disagree that it's factually correct. It's misleading in exactly the way the CAP code seeks to prevent. Free seat selection at online check-in would be factually correct.

You're right that press releases are excluded, but I have seen BA make similar claims in High Life which is not. I'll keep an eye out to see if this is placed elsewhere, as I'm starting to get quite pissed off with BA's marketing crap.

The ASA have authority to make rulings which, while only a slap on the wrist, are made public and have quite an impact.
An ASA ruling can have a reputation impact, but mores if it is an issue that a consumer feels strongly about when reading any press-coverage, otherwise it will effectively just be free advertisement for BA still offering seat selection.

Like I say, I doubt you will get anywhere, IMHO it is not a misleading claim both material and in the spirit of the code. Do let us know how you get on, but we should get back on topic.

Has anyone booked any of the flights yet?
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Nice is 13,500 Avios as it breaks the 650 mile cap ..... not a bargain.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've booked 2 in CE for MAN-AGP on 9/6/17 - have more avios than needed and a 2-4-1 that was almost certainly going to go unused. Total, 12,750 + £50.

Flying Norwegian back on the Monday, I wonder how they'll compare
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks KARFA. I was hoping it might be a Band 4 with the times that the BA site shows, but probably wishful thinking. Also I was referring to the AGP flight, not ALC

Originally Posted by KARFA
It's blocked at 2hrs 50mins, so perhaps 2hrs 20mins flight time?

I imagine it will be in line with the normal band 3 short haul J catering, so since the MAN-ALC flight departs at 0550 I guess the usual cooked breakfast offering.

On the return it departs ALC at 1025 so it would seem to be brunch.

More information here on short haul catering http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ing-guide.html
Old Feb 5, 2017, 9:46 am
dnw

Looks like an extra frequency between LCY and PMI as part of some sort of W pattern with the weekend routes from MAN or STN (can't quite work it out) has just been loaded: out on a Friday (BA2227 LCY-PMI 2150-0115) and back on a Sunday (BA2226 PMI-LCY 1315-1440).

Friday flight is too late for me but the additional Sunday return could come in useful.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 11:41 am
Suspended

There's a late Friday evening flight to IBZ from LCY , also to AGP, my guess is we'll see some Saturday flights from AGP, IBZ and PMI to somewhere that isn't LCY, STN or MAN.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 1:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Flight numbers have been changed so they are now in the 7xxx range.

Also it seems MAN-JMK will be a short haul + route and attract 80 TP each way in CE. The other routes seem to be normal short haul earning.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
So today is when LCY-MAN should go on sale. Any idea what time they're usually released? Just tried it and ba.com still claims that they don't fly LCY-MAN
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by layz
So today is when LCY-MAN should go on sale. Any idea what time they're usually released? Just tried it and ba.com still claims that they don't fly LCY-MAN
They are showing now, pricing at £55 one-way.

Last edited by navylad; Feb 21, 2017 at 3:29 am
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by navylad
They are showing now, pricing at £55 one-way.
That's great news (I'm probably the only one who thinks so!)

I see it's showing economy only. Many thought this was released after the other MAN flights because they were waiting for the CE fares to go on sale
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by layz
That's great news (I'm probably the only one who thinks so!)
Not at all, I've been waiting for them too. The Thurs flight up isn't that convient, but it is easy enough to get a LHR up and LCY back; enjoy a nice lounge before you fly up and the convenience of a quick escape from the airport upon arriving back in London.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:41 am

Programs: Some
I think this will be a more popular flight than you think! With the advent of BoB I had switched back to getting the train, but the MAN-LCY route will probably mean I get that on a Sunday instead.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The basic fares (HBO) are also appearing now (when I looked this morning it was just the plus fares). There seems to be two flights MAN-LCY on the Sunday too.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I see on Sunday 23 Sept there are 2 flights from MAN TO LCY 1 at 1.20pm and another in the evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.