Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller on the Boeing 777 (all variants). Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

The following triple-seven seat maps have been prepared for quick comparison and reference.

MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
777 = 777-200ER (77M, 77R, 77J, 77L,77S, 77T) and 777-300ER (77G)
77W = 777-300ER (77H and 77G (occasionally))

Type 77M 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 8F 49J 40W 138M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS (15)
Refreshed 2010 First, 2019 CWS, 2010 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Thales IFE

Type 77R 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 14F 48J 40W 134M
G-VIIV G-VIIW G-VIIY (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Three class 777-200
Type 77L 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 48J 40W 184M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-YMMG G-YMMH G-YMMI G-YMMJ G-YMMK G-YMML G-YMMN G-YMMO G-YMMP G-YMMR G-YMMS G-YMMT G-YMMU (13)
2019 CWS, 2018 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77S 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 48W 252M
G-YMMA G-YMMB G-YMMC G-YMMD G-YMME G-YMMF (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77T 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 52W 252M
G-VIIO G-VIIP G-VIIR G-VIIT G-VIIU G-VIIX (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Four class 777-300
Type 77G 777-300ER
Four class: 14F 56J 44W 183M
G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2010 WT+/WT and Thales IFE

Type 77H 777-300ER
Four class: 8F 76J 40W 130M
G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP (13)
2020 First, 2019 CW, 2018 WT+/WT and Panasonic eX3 IFE

Related threads:

A guide to BA's 777 fleet
LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards
New BA First Class? [8F configured Boeing 772]
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 777

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 3:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Kokey77
I am not a good flyer, terrified in turbulence and need to be able to see sky/ground, and trying to work out which of these options might be best for our family of 4:
In which case you may be better switching to an A380 service to Miami if it is running at your time of the year. It's about as impervious to turbulence as any aircraft I have come across, even better than a 747 (and that's fairly good); the 787 and 350 aren't too bad in the cruise, they are just so far off the ground. The issue is more on the approach to MCO if the weather is poor there, you may very briefly get a lump or bump or two there, and if not in an A380 then there isn't much you can do about that. That apart, MCO is generally a good route for avoiding turbulence, it's not a LAS or KUL.

Generally speaking turbulence is least over the wings, and in the middle of the aircraft. Which obviously means you can't see the ground either. The second best is in the forward area, so before the wings. The worst area is the back of the aircraft and near the windows. In your case it's going to end up as an illogical compromise, but putting the elements together, I think you are looking at row 21.

BA, Virgin and easyJet all have "Flying with Confidence" style courses, that may be something worth investigating since knowledge is power on this one. It can transform people's travel experiences.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 4:20 am

Thank you - our return flight actually is from Miami on the A380 and that's really reassuring to hear in relation to turbulence.

Agreed with the illogical compromise and row 21 looks good from pics on another thread, it's just working out if the window blank is at row 22 (the one that is at row 17 on the 3-3-3 layout) on the refurbed planes as we'd book 2 windows and 2 middles together.

I realise that worst for turbulence is the back - does this mean the whole rear cabin, ie anything behind the wing, or just the last say 5-6 rows being the worst? Realise that it's all very subjective and funny you should mention it but I have actually been googling fear of flying courses. Love to travel, hate to fly.....
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Kokey77
Love to travel, hate to fly.....
Having spoken to people who run these course, the single factor that makes it likely that course succeeds for an individual is if there is a big carrot in it for them. So someone who has to fly because it's their job, it's not as likely to work, whereas if it allows regular access to their grandchildren - at the other end of the scale - then it probably will work. You are towards this second group. So I'd give it some serious thought, they do actually try to make it an enjoyable occasion, just ask every single question that's going through your mind in the classroom session beforehand. If you think someone has already asked the question, just prefix it with "Can you go into a bit more detail about..."

Yes the further back you go the worse it gets. Hold a toy aircraft in your hand, or imagine it, and imagine a sudden gust of air comes upwards from the floor towards the model. As you can probably imagine, the centre of the fuselage by the wings are likely stay the more stable, the front of the aircraft won't move so much, whereas the tail will move most. So the very last row I would avoid, though you typically have good views back there. The story I recall from a crew member on BA1, the LCY-SNN-JFK service, who posted in here. Incidentally you don't want to try that service, on a small aircraft, until you've done your course!!! She said she would have situations where the captain in the front would see ripples on his cup of tea, therefore would not put on the seat belt sign, whereas she would be working down the back and holding on for dear life!

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ith-confidence

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jun 13, 2019 at 2:26 pm
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:56 am

Thank you c-w-s, appreciate your helpful advice.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:57 am

BA16 from SIN to LHR (773ER).. seat choice is 29c (second row of the Y cabin but no seat in front) or 28k (bulkhead window). what would you choose?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Yeoman5
BA16 from SIN to LHR (773ER).. seat choice is 29c (second row of the Y cabin but no seat in front) or 28k (bulkhead window). what would you choose?
Personally I'd choose 29C.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 9:05 am

Best Bus. Seat 777-200 iad/lhr?

I just booked award bus. seats on ba 292 iad/lhr for april 13, 2020/ They were booked with aa miles and my wife and I are ow sapphire. This plane does not have F. I looked on the BA wkiki and could not find the answer to my q;uestion so if you can either answer my question or direct me to the right link I would appreciate it.

I have booked seats 2jk. When I look at the seat map I am wondering if 10jk might be better? Or perhaps two other seats?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by jmj9905
I just booked award bus. seats on ba 292 iad/lhr for april 13, 2020/ They were booked with aa miles and my wife and I are ow sapphire. This plane does not have F. I looked on the BA wkiki and could not find the answer to my q;uestion so if you can either answer my question or direct me to the right link I would appreciate it.

I have booked seats 2jk. When I look at the seat map I am wondering if 10jk might be better? Or perhaps two other seats?

Thanks in advance.
You are on a 48J 3 class 777. Your seat choice is sound (1st served for meals/drinks but may be a little close to forward loo, although it is separated by a curtain) or you could go for any window pair moving back. 5AB or 5JK is interesting as although last to be served for food/drinks the window seat does not need to step over anybody, although has a missing window, but it is a night flight so this may not matter.

Finally, if you don't care that much about sitting right next to each other, you could each choose a window seat one behind the other as the window seats have more privacy and are generally seen as superior.

BA Source seat map here.

Last edited by Flexible preferences; Jul 4, 2019 at 4:07 pm Reason: seat map link
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:34 am

Seat selection 777

Hey,

was hoping someone here could help solve a mystery on the difference between seat maps on seat guru and the ba website and the actual seat selection when choosing online.

were flying on the older 777 seat configuration of 3 3 3 and looking for decent seats not exit and row 17 seat c looks like it has leg room as row 16 is two seats,when selecting through ba. when checking seat guru seat maps and also on the ba website at generic seat maps they seem to have what I see at row 17 as row 16 and the two seat row being 15?

Any help much appreciated
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Knaps
Hey,

was hoping someone here could help solve a mystery on the difference between seat maps on seat guru and the ba website and the actual seat selection when choosing online.

were flying on the older 777 seat configuration of 3 3 3 and looking for decent seats not exit and row 17 seat c looks like it has leg room as row 16 is two seats,when selecting through ba. when checking seat guru seat maps and also on the ba website at generic seat maps they seem to have what I see at row 17 as row 16 and the two seat row being 15?

Any help much appreciated
NEVER EVER rely on seatGuru. Often incorrect.

Seat Maps on The BA Source: http://thebasource.com/seat-maps/

Also main 777 Seating thread: Seating guide: Boeing 777
Old Jul 5, 2019, 2:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Welcome to flyertalk and the BA Board Knaps.

Yes, definitely ignore seatguru.

The 2 seats at the front of the economy cabin on these aircraft don't have much legroom as there is a bulkhead there and they are bassinet areas.

The row behind with the legroom, 17C and H I think and go with Manage My Booking, are worth it but if I remember correctly is usually for status cardholders to pre-book.

IIRC there is a blank at the window there row 1, as I found out on a flight to Mauritius last year. Something to bear in mind if your travelling with others.
george77300 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 4:58 am

Hi all,

New here but looking for advice. Sorry if it's already been posted in here previously.

Flying LHR - JFK BA115 on 26th October in Club with my wife. Looking at the seat map, it looks like I've got a 777-200 with 48J configuration (rows 10-15).

Any advice on ideal seat? Also, any idea if this has the refurbed IFE etc.?

Thanks for any tips!
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:43 pm

Thanks for the advice and the BA source link Flexible preferences.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: BA Blue
I'll be flying in First on a 777-200 LHR-JFK in August. It's the 77F with 12 seats in First. My wife and I would like to sit in a middle pair so that we're seated next to each other. 1EF, 2EF and 4EF are all available and I've selected 2EF for now. Looking at the map on BA Source, it looks like 1EF isn't too close to the galley/toilets, but is this true? Are we best to stay in row 2, or are 1EF good seats too?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA
LHR - EWR First

I know this has been covered a few times here but BA Source isn't working. I'm on BA 185 LHR - EWR and was also switched from a dreamliner to the 5-row, 17-seat-First 777.

1) Flying with my wife and debating two middles vs aisle-window with her in the middle. I like windows, she doesn't. Am I leaving her worse off by sitting across the aisle instead of middle seat?

2) We're currently 4 E-F. 2 E-F is open, as is 2 and 4 A and 4 K. Any advice in terms of window view and galley noise/general betterness? Better off in 2 E-F instead of 4? Should I take window in 4K with hopes of views of Greenland?

THANK YOU!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.