Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller on the Boeing 777 (all variants). Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

The following triple-seven seat maps have been prepared for quick comparison and reference.

MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
777 = 777-200ER (77M, 77R, 77J, 77L,77S, 77T) and 777-300ER (77G)
77W = 777-300ER (77H and 77G (occasionally))

Type 77M 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 8F 49J 40W 138M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS (15)
Refreshed 2010 First, 2019 CWS, 2010 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Thales IFE

Type 77R 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 14F 48J 40W 134M
G-VIIV G-VIIW G-VIIY (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Three class 777-200
Type 77L 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 48J 40W 184M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-YMMG G-YMMH G-YMMI G-YMMJ G-YMMK G-YMML G-YMMN G-YMMO G-YMMP G-YMMR G-YMMS G-YMMT G-YMMU (13)
2019 CWS, 2018 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77S 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 48W 252M
G-YMMA G-YMMB G-YMMC G-YMMD G-YMME G-YMMF (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77T 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 52W 252M
G-VIIO G-VIIP G-VIIR G-VIIT G-VIIU G-VIIX (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Four class 777-300
Type 77G 777-300ER
Four class: 14F 56J 44W 183M
G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2010 WT+/WT and Thales IFE

Type 77H 777-300ER
Four class: 8F 76J 40W 130M
G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP (13)
2020 First, 2019 CW, 2018 WT+/WT and Panasonic eX3 IFE

Related threads:

A guide to BA's 777 fleet
LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards
New BA First Class? [8F configured Boeing 772]
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 777

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Ah okay, thanks. I've only flown first on BA as we usually tend to fly on AA across the pond.

As 3E and 11E are not bookable (I guess until check in), then we might as well stick with what we have. As it is a fairly small cabin

I assume 2A and 2B are together.

Sorry to sound really stupid, but I am struggling to see better seats for an overnight flight even though only two other seats are currently reserved.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
2A and 2B are good seats as neither have anyone stepping over you.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, too many cruise programs to list
For the 77A/S, wondering why 12C/J in WT+ is marked undesirable? SeatGuru has them as desirable seats. Searched the thread, but no comments on these two seats. Is it the traffic? Also wondering what "footrest attached to seat" means exactly - aren't they all?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Flying Y in a 777-200ER 32J/53W/253Y new 3-4-3 and a little confused with which seat to choose. Is row 20 extra legroom or just row 32? Everything open currently.

Here is the link from BAsource

Old Apr 5, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BurBunny
For the 77A/S, wondering why 12C/J in WT+ is marked undesirable? SeatGuru has them as desirable seats. Searched the thread, but no comments on these two seats. Is it the traffic? Also wondering what "footrest attached to seat" means exactly - aren't they all?
I think it is because of the bulkhead in front which stops you from fully stretching your legs if you are of a certain height.

I really can't decide whether to choose 12A&B or another row. I like the idea of not having someone recline into me and I believe there is also a bassinet table which can be handy but at 181cm tall I'm concerned my legs will feel a little trapped against the bulkhead.

Does anyone have a legroom shot of 12AB or 12JK?
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Royal Orchid Silver, HH Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
I'm flying Gatwick to Toronto in June in club with my dad. We're on a 777 three class in club.

At the moment we're in 2A and 2K but wondering if that's the best option. Would we be better off with a middle pair?

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

(hopefully a seating map is attached!)

Old Apr 24, 2018, 1:27 pm

Lightbulb

First time on the 777-200. 48J version. LGW-OAK BA2279.
This is the current seat map. Just want to ask which one should I go for...?
(Currently thinking 11A/K)

Old May 21, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
I have two unusual experience on Wednesday -- flying on a 777 and doing so in F. Two questions:

1. I'm travelling with my partner and we've decided to go for two window seats, 1K, 2K. Normally we'd do middle pairs in CW but as this is a relatively short flight to TLV we are curious to try out more individual approach. I was planning to join him for dinner in 2K. I'm quite compact at 5'4" and would take the buddy seat. He's just at the 6'0" mark. Any concerns on that being unduly uncomfortable for either of us?

2. It's the 12 seat F so that means an old Rockwell AVOD. Again, it's been a long time since I've had that equipment. In F is it still as ropey, but on a bigger screen?

Cheers, NTFM
Old May 28, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Flying LHR-IAH club world with my wife, so the middle seats are fine. Any difference between row 14 and the others? Row 14 is 10 pounds cheaper per seat.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
I have two unusual experience on Wednesday -- flying on a 777 and doing so in F. Two questions:

1. I'm travelling with my partner and we've decided to go for two window seats, 1K, 2K. Normally we'd do middle pairs in CW but as this is a relatively short flight to TLV we are curious to try out more individual approach. I was planning to join him for dinner in 2K. I'm quite compact at 5'4" and would take the buddy seat. He's just at the 6'0" mark. Any concerns on that being unduly uncomfortable for either of us?

2. It's the 12 seat F so that means an old Rockwell AVOD. Again, it's been a long time since I've had that equipment. In F is it still as ropey, but on a bigger screen?

Cheers, NTFM
i see from the date that you’ve already taken the flight, but my view for the benefit of others is that you should have been fine in the buddy seat. I saw somebody considerably taller manage ok in the buddy seat in row 1 of a 744 last week, and that is a narrower buddy seat area than 2K on a 772.

As for the IFE, if you get Rockwell Collins, then it is almost as ropey as in other cabins, on a bigger screen. As an aside, my last two 772 flights from LHR have had late equipment changes (which I know because the number of seats in F changed late in both cases).

Originally Posted by slickvik
Flying LHR-IAH club world with my wife, so the middle seats are fine. Any difference between row 14 and the others? Row 14 is 10 pounds cheaper per seat.
Assuming you’re talking about a 772, unless something has changed, I’m not aware of any difference to the centre pairs, except 15E/F which have direct aisle access, though 15E is usually blocked in advance as a bassinet. Row 14 is the same as 11-13, 10E/F don’t have seats in front of them (or rather behind you in the seated position since 10E/F are rear-facing) but are otherwise the same (no direct aisle access).
NoTiersForMe likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Assuming you’re talking about a 772, unless something has changed, I’m not aware of any difference to the centre pairs, except 15E/F which have direct aisle access, though 15E is usually blocked in advance as a bassinet. Row 14 is the same as 11-13, 10E/F don’t have seats in front of them (or rather behind you in the seated position since 10E/F are rear-facing) but are otherwise the same (no direct aisle access).
Is it possible to remove the block for 15E via phone? It's also cheaper like row 14. Also do you think I should wait until T24 to check in? I've never played this BA game before.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by slickvik
Is it possible to remove the block for 15E via phone? It's also cheaper like row 14. Also do you think I should wait until T24 to check in? I've never played this BA game before.
You can’t open up the bassinet until T-72, but yes, at that point you’d have to do it by phone as you still wouldn’t be able to take it online prior to OLCI opening. Since it appears you don’t qualify for free advance seat selection with BA, you would still have to pay if you took the seat before OLCI opened.

Depending on the agent you get, you could be told you can’t select the bassinet, in which case hang up and call again, because you can take it at T-72, if available. However, the caveat is that you can (and will) still be moved, should it be required for an infant. You’d be unlucky for this to happen after T-72, but it’s possible. Also bear in mind that 15E is the only bassinet seat in CW on a 772, so a single infant requiring it will mean it is already taken at T-72.
Old May 29, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

You can’t open up the bassinet until T-72, but yes, at that point you’d have to do it by phone as you still wouldn’t be able to take it online prior to OLCI opening. Since it appears you don’t qualify for free advance seat selection with BA, you would still have to pay if you took the seat before OLCI opened.

Depending on the agent you get, you could be told you can’t select the bassinet, in which case hang up and call again, because you can take it at T-72, if available. However, the caveat is that you can (and will) still be moved, should it be required for an infant. You’d be unlucky for this to happen after T-72, but it’s possible. Also bear in mind that 15E is the only bassinet seat in CW on a 772, so a single infant requiring it will mean it is already taken at T-72.
Alternatively, you can use Qantas’s website as I did today after I was told over the phone that I couldn’t book 15A until OLCI.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
When looking at a flight to St. Kitts in December, quite surprised to see that based on the seatmap almost all (good) seats are already taken!? It seems that the Carribean is truly a cash cow for BA. Nevertheless, based on the current seat-map, what seats would you choose? And no, there is no requirement to sit next-to-each other if this means a better seat I've already set-up an alert on expertflyer in case a window seat pops up.

Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster

i see from the date that you’ve already taken the flight, but my view for the benefit of others is that you should have been fine in the buddy seat. I saw somebody considerably taller manage ok in the buddy seat in row 1 of a 744 last week, and that is a narrower buddy seat area than 2K on a 772.

As for the IFE, if you get Rockwell Collins, then it is almost as ropey as in other cabins, on a bigger screen.
Thanks for this. Indeed me in the buddy seat in 2K worked just fine - and even had the interest/amusement/envy[?] of couple in 3EF who chatted with me at end of flight. Yup, Rockwell was horrible.
Oaxaca likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.