Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SonicStar817
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in First, Club World, World Traveller Plus and World Traveller on the Boeing 777 (all variants). Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

The following triple-seven seat maps have been prepared for quick comparison and reference.

MMB/Expertflyer Aircraft Codes:
777 = 777-200ER (77M, 77R, 77J, 77L,77S, 77T) and 777-300ER (77G)
77W = 777-300ER (77H and 77G (occasionally))

Type 77M 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 8F 49J 40W 138M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-RAES G-VIIA G-VIIB G-VIIC G-VIID G-VIIE G-VIIF G-VIIG G-VIIH G-VIIJ G-VIIK G-VIIL G-VIIM G-VIIN G-VIIS (15)
Refreshed 2010 First, 2019 CWS, 2010 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Thales IFE

Type 77R 777-200ER
Refurbished four class: 14F 48J 40W 134M
G-VIIV G-VIIW G-VIIY (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Three class 777-200
Type 77L 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 48J 40W 184M; fitted with new Club World Suites
G-YMMG G-YMMH G-YMMI G-YMMJ G-YMMK G-YMML G-YMMN G-YMMO G-YMMP G-YMMR G-YMMS G-YMMT G-YMMU (13)
2019 CWS, 2018 WT+, 2018 WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77S 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 48W 252M
G-YMMA G-YMMB G-YMMC G-YMMD G-YMME G-YMMF (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Type 77T 777-200ER
Refurbished three class: 32J 52W 252M
G-VIIO G-VIIP G-VIIR G-VIIT G-VIIU G-VIIX (6)
2006 CW, 2018 WT+/WT (10 abreast) and Panasonic ex3 IFE

Four class 777-300
Type 77G 777-300ER
Four class: 14F 56J 44W 183M
G-STBB G-STBC G-STBI (3)
2010 First, 2006 CW, 2010 WT+/WT and Thales IFE

Type 77H 777-300ER
Four class: 8F 76J 40W 130M
G-STBA G-STBD G-STBE G-STBF G-STBG G-STBH G-STBJ G-STBK G-STBL G-STBM G-STBN G-STBO G-STBP (13)
2020 First, 2019 CW, 2018 WT+/WT and Panasonic eX3 IFE

Related threads:

A guide to BA's 777 fleet
LGW & LHR selected 777s go 10-abreast (3-4-3) in Y 2018 onwards
New BA First Class? [8F configured Boeing 772]
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 777

Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes they are, the galley and two toilets for First are at the front the ones at the back are for club.
Thank you. Out is daytime but return is night so will use earplugs.!
Old Mar 5, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I wouldn’t think you would need them.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Not so much a regular on the LGW operation these days since moving "Oop North", but I've got an upcoming longhaul out of LGW to ANU in May - wondering how much of a lottery the LGW 777 lottery actually is...

Currently the seatmap is showing as a 4-class (40W - I'm in WTP) 777, with "Flub" currently blocked. How "sticky" is the allocation of a 4-class? I get that there may be an increased chance of 4-class ops at LGW as LHR frames provide cover while the 3-cabin fleet go for refit as well, but how likely is it that it will end up as a 3-class?

What's the score in terms of revenue management for these non-F flights given the fluidity and the various different configs flying - do they actually plan for some sort "compromise" 777 config that doesn't actually exist?

I've done the usual tricks of watching the seats in Expertflyer to keep an eye on things changes.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC, Etihad Guest, Platinum Tesco Tart
Originally Posted by mjh0
Not so much a regular on the LGW operation these days since moving "Oop North", but I've got an upcoming longhaul out of LGW to ANU in May - wondering how much of a lottery the LGW 777 lottery actually is...

Currently the seatmap is showing as a 4-class (40W - I'm in WTP) 777, with "Flub" currently blocked. How "sticky" is the allocation of a 4-class? I get that there may be an increased chance of 4-class ops at LGW as LHR frames provide cover while the 3-cabin fleet go for refit as well, but how likely is it that it will end up as a 3-class?

What's the score in terms of revenue management for these non-F flights given the fluidity and the various different configs flying - do they actually plan for some sort "compromise" 777 config that doesn't actually exist?

I've done the usual tricks of watching the seats in Expertflyer to keep an eye on things changes.
I’m also flying to ANU, but in April rather than May, and have been watching Expertflyer, the flight looks very busy at the moment so I too am wondering about Flub and whether it’s going to open up rather than the flight having an equipment change!

Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Originally Posted by SaraJH
I’m also flying to ANU, but in April rather than May, and have been watching Expertflyer, the flight looks very busy at the moment so I too am wondering about Flub and whether it’s going to open up rather than the flight having an equipment change!
Ah, the thought of Flub is but a flight of fancy for me, being in W, unless we're into op-up territory. I'm more worried about it switching to a 24W config, though not being oversold, and having the misfortune of being shunted into a pair of middle seats during the ensuing seat reshuffle.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:59 pm

Whats WTP like on the B777-300ER? I have only been in WT and CW on these never WTP. Looking at BA source the seating doesnt look great for a solo traveler, in WT I normall go for an aisle in the middle block as there is a good chance that the other 2 seats will be a couple and there they won't bother me. Superficially WTP doesnt look much better than WT. This will be on BA15 Lon-SYD
gliderpilot likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Best CW for legroom on LGW-OAK

I have the misfortune of flying in CW on the LGW - OAK route. It looks like those planes are the (unrenovated) 48J 777-200s. I'm too tall for the "regular" CW seats when in the lie flat position, but there are always some bulkhead seats where the footrest is not flush against the wall, and so it provides a few valuable extra inches of legroom when lying down.

Having not flown this plane before I'm unsure which these seats are. Anyone flown it recently and able to help out?
Old Mar 11, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Originally Posted by wytco0
Whats WTP like on the B777-300ER? I have only been in WT and CW on these never WTP. Looking at BA source the seating doesnt look great for a solo traveler, in WT I normall go for an aisle in the middle block as there is a good chance that the other 2 seats will be a couple and there they won't bother me. Superficially WTP doesnt look much better than WT. This will be on BA15 Lon-SYD
I would be interested in this also as flying the same route in a few days.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by benjones250
I have the misfortune of flying in CW on the LGW - OAK route. It looks like those planes are the (unrenovated) 48J 777-200s. I'm too tall for the "regular" CW seats when in the lie flat position, but there are always some bulkhead seats where the footrest is not flush against the wall, and so it provides a few valuable extra inches of legroom when lying down.

Having not flown this plane before I'm unsure which these seats are. Anyone flown it recently and able to help out?
We had this aircraft coming back from PUJ last summer - the rearmost window seats in the forward cabin have direct aisle access and the footrest is mounted on the bulkhead with a few extra inches of legroom behind it.
Cheapskate22 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:06 am

BA 777-200 4 class - best economy seats?

Hello, we are flying BA2155 out from Gatwick to Barbados on June and BA2154 back, in economy.
We plan to pay now for seats we want and there is still a good selection. We are tempted by the first and only exit row - 26 - as I have a thing about people reclining, especially on a plane that is already cramped. However on another long haul night flight those seats were grim on the return as the space in front was full of folks queueing endlessly for the loos. Fair enough of course but it was impossible to sleep. And no window, but we knew that. Currently available are 26 A-C and H-K.

We are also looking at the one row of just 2 seats 39 A&C or J&K, if anyone has experience of these?
Not sure how disruptive the loo queue would be again, if there is any choice of food left and how much time it would add on to airport exit?
Basically, any advice welcomed!
Thank you
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:26 am
Suspended

Two seats row 39 is my preference.
I have sat here on one of the longest LGW flights.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Mar 11, 2018 at 8:43 am
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk HolidayPrincess,and welcome to the BA forum, it's great to see new participants here, and so thank you for your question. I hope you also have a good trip to Barbados.

I am not well placed to give direct advice, but there are two links that may help you make a decision. In this forum's Dashboard there is a seating guide to the 777 series. Now that has a lot of versions now, and there are now 3 versions in LGW alone, so it does get rather finicky. The other place to look is thebasource.com and this appears to be your seat map:
British Airways B777-200ER 14F/48J/40W/124Y LGW Seat Map
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:23 am

Just been able to nab 1A and 1K on the 4 class BA297 to ORD on the 14th. As a lowly blue I feel somewhat like the cat that got the cream.

I can't see any drawbacks to this seat (1A) apart from being right handed and leaning in to reach my drink - but such troubles will swiftly be forgotten about I'm sure.

Is there anything to consider about 1A/1K while there are a few remaining seats open in F?

Thanks in advance. Enjoying reading the threads in advance of our first F (outbound) and J (inbound) experiences.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Mks6
Just been able to nab 1A and 1K on the 4 class BA297 to ORD on the 14th. As a lowly blue I feel somewhat like the cat that got the cream.

I can't see any drawbacks to this seat (1A) apart from being right handed and leaning in to reach my drink - but such troubles will swiftly be forgotten about I'm sure.

Is there anything to consider about 1A/1K while there are a few remaining seats open in F?

Thanks in advance. Enjoying reading the threads in advance of our first F (outbound) and J (inbound) experiences.
To add that you'll be at completely at opposite ends and wont be actually next to each other or really see each other. You'll have to walk around the galley to be with whomever you are travelling with but assuming you already know that. I can see 2 and 3 A as available on expertflyer which are better in my view so in the middle between the ends of the cabin.

Here's a good TR on the 777-300

British Airways B777-300ER 14F/56J/44W/183Y Seat Map

and of course welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Mks6, I hope you enjoy your times here!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by PETER01
To add that you'll be at completely at opposite ends and wont be actually next to each other or really see each other. You'll have to walk around the galley to be with whomever you are travelling with but assuming you already know that. I can see 2 and 3 A as available on expertflyer which are better in my view so in the middle between the ends of the cabin.

and of course welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Mks6, I hope you enjoy your times here!
Thank you for the welcome.

We just had this discussion and we wouldn't really speak to each other if sat near each other anyways - we just released 2a and 3a. Especially after sufficient time in the lounges. We are friends flying so it's not a big concern to us and the novelty of sitting in row 1 in F is the current biggest influence to us. Appreciate the input and the review I'm now about to read.
​​​​​​

I had thought we were flying a -200 but if it's -300 even better. Something else to tick off.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.