Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Skyflyers logbooks

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Dimond Amb
My kids love these books. On LH flight the captain will generally come back with them and chat to the children. Also a few times on SH they have invited the kids to sit in the pilots seat (before we set off)
All three of my children (8,6,3) remind me to pack these for every trip, and since they became GCH the also insist on the bag tags.
tedcruz likes this.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:21 am

I didn't know this existed and my 3yo son would love it!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get one from LCY short haul to Faro? We are travelling in a few weeks and would be great if we could!
Old May 29, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
I had no idea this was a thing. Glad to know as my daughter is daft about planes despite only being 2 and a half!
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, SriLankan SMiles, Garuda Miles, Air Astana Nomad; Marriott, IHG
My kids (14 and 12) had done 440,000 and 280,000 miles, on their 5th and 4th books, then we lost them!
Luckily I found them 2 years later by when they had nearly filled their replacement books.
Trying to find some online as the only airline I know that does them is BA and we won't be flying BA in the near future, but can only find one and it's not very good.

As an aside, we flew ANA from Tokyo to Hiroshima in April and on that short flight, as well filling in the log books, the crew gave each of my kids a postcard signed by five or six of the crew, with a personal message along the lines of "we hope you enjoyed your rest on your short flight with us" (they slept!). Nice.
DeathSlam likes this.

Last edited by Wishing Well; Jun 23, 2018 at 12:05 am Reason: adding something
Old Jun 23, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
Are these available in LHR T5? I might see if I can pick two up for the nephews for their upcoming trip
Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Wishing Well
Trying to find some online as the only airline I know that does them is BA and we won't be flying BA in the near future, but can only find one and it's not very good.
U2 do them too – the cabin crew on our last flight gave us a bit of a ribbing for presenting a BA one to sign and tried to switch us over to theirs! The U2 ones don't have anywhere near as much space to log flights, instead using more space for fun facts etc.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by LHR FLYER
Are these available in LHR T5? I might see if I can pick two up for the nephews for their upcoming trip
As far as I know they are only available onboard.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by LHR FLYER
Wishing Well and LHR FLYER, if you're brave enough to PM me your addresses, I'll pick some up from my flights today and pop them in the post when I'm back on Monday.
lavajava likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Tunnocks Tea Cake Platinum
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Wishing Well and LHR FLYER, if you're brave enough to PM me your addresses, I'll pick some up from my flights today and pop them in the post when I'm back on Monday.
Thanks for the offer Bwaflyer, I won’t be home for the next 4 months to collect them due to work schedule, got circa 10 flight with BA in the next 3 weeks so fingers crossed one of the aircraft has them.
Excellent offer though.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 7:15 am

We got given two beautiful flight log books from an Australian company called Simply for Flying. I'd really recommend them as they are very robust and well bound; my children carry them on every flight. The company ships from Australia and have 42+ pages so plenty of room for future adventures.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Wishing Well
AA also have them and they are really nice quality - a harder cardboard cover and details of all the planes in the fleet inside. Our dogeared BA one looks a bit shabby in comparison but the AA crew have always been happy to sign it.

AA also have plastic "wings" for the kids which are rather good fun.
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Surrey CCC
Yes, the Captain and SFO on my recent flight signed the book and also had a pic snapped with my toddler after a recent 777 flight. That crew (first time I've had both the C and SFO female) were simply fantastic.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:01 am

Originally Posted by bwaflyer
hiya
i have been looking for 1 for our new baby. Did you manage to get hold of any? And if yes could you post me 1 please.
it would be so appreciated
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:11 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by londonsmiler
AA also have plastic "wings" for the kids which are rather good fun.
The BA equivalent these days is stickers. I wouldn't even begin to know where my old 1970s Junior Jet Club wings are, or I'd be passing them on to my son.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Tried and failed to get hold of a couple of these for my daughters on my recent flight to JFK. We'll all be flying to Miami later into the year but have a connecting flight to LHR that we'd like to include in the logbooks.

It was suggested by cabin crew that I try again in the return journey at the end of the week.

If that fails, any idea how I can pick some up? Cabin crew member seemed to genuinely be unable to find any on the plane and had even been up to ask the captain about them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.