BA Skyflyers logbooks

Old May 12, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: BA; LH; AF
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. pJr has his first flight in a couple of weeks, and I wondered whether the log books are still available? I couldn't see them for pre-order online, and I keep forgetting to look/ask onboard.
Thanks!
Old May 12, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
We have them available on all longhaul aircraft, please ask the crew.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:19 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by RichP
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. pJr has his first flight in a couple of weeks, and I wondered whether the log books are still available? I couldn't see them for pre-order online, and I keep forgetting to look/ask onboard.
Thanks!
Don't know if they are available on every aircraft, but yes, still around. Some were being handed out on a JFK-LHR flight I took a few weeks ago.
Old May 12, 2018, 6:08 am

Excellent, thanks!
Old May 12, 2018, 4:03 pm

Also available on short haul aircraft out of LHR (I don't fly out of Gatwick so don't know if things are different there). If the crew look a little confused, tell them they're in the black paperwork holdall!
RichP and ciscobod like this.
Old May 14, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think that's probably why it's best to use the BA log books, they may not know you are 37 (or whatever it is). There is one permanently youthful flyer on BA who has found some way of collating all is log books into one, via a professional bookbinder. He thereby gets away with it, because the captains flick back through the entries to see the names of those who trained and worked with them. "Goodness, there's old Biffo, last I heard he was shacked up in Thailand running a fish farm".
That could be me, CWS! After *cough* years I still ask for my Flightrider logbook to be signed on every flight - only occasionally will eyebrows be raised! Unfortunately BAEC were unable to help source a Flightrider certificate/medal when I finally hit the 100,000 mile.
Old May 15, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by davrossuk
Thanks for the info and tips.

I'm glad they still offer the log books and will remember to ask about postcards/stickers. It will be my (9yo) daughter's first ever flight so it will be nice for her to have a souvenir.
Nice - although boo for leaving it so late ;-)

They'll certainly do a cockpit visit for her if you ask the CC. Usually easier at the end of the flight but occasionally possible beforehand too. Depends on how the preflight checks are going etc.

The log books are a bit hit and miss - they don't seem to be able to be pre-ordered as far as I was able to tell - you just have to take pot luck as to whether there are any aboard your flight. Which is somewhat unsatisfactory. I have one for my 20m old but it has zero entries in it yet (and he's done something like 12 flights) as they never had any when he was flying, but I managed to score one when on a trip on my own a while back.

So when I get time I am going to write the details of the earlier flights in at least for posterity, even if the skippers haven't been able to sign them.

Good luck
RJD1983 likes this.

Last edited by Pascoe; May 15, 2018 at 2:18 am Reason: additional detail
Old May 15, 2018, 2:58 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Beaulieu
Available for 5 or 900 Avios
Priceless

The answer is - as everyone has said - yes. What you should do - if you can - is get a photo of your daughter for the front as it personalises it perfectly. I'd get it to the CSD/Purser/SCM as soon as possible, particularly on short flights as the crew may be full steam ahead and not go on the Flight Deck much. Ask the crew if you want one.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Mini-so3003 has his first ever flight this weekend (UK domestic) - chances of getting a logbook for him ex-GLA (to LCY)? Returning from LHR if that makes any difference! He has a few long hauls coming up later in year too if no luck on domestics.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by so3003
Mini-so3003 has his first ever flight this weekend (UK domestic) - chances of getting a logbook for him ex-GLA (to LCY)? Returning from LHR if that makes any difference! He has a few long hauls coming up later in year too if no luck on domestics.
I don't know about domestics but baby thecoogan got his just over a month ago on his first flight to VIE out of LHR without a problem. CC always seem to return the logbook before the flight lands. He has two BA long haul coming up and 4 other flights on different airlines (haven't decided if I should get all flights logged or just BA).
Old May 28, 2018, 11:10 am

Thanks for all the info!
I asked on an LHR-AMS last week and the crew were very happy to dog one out of the black folder. Its seen better days, but its now ready wrh the rest of his travel gear for when we go.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:02 pm

They had a bunch of them sitting on the counters a few weeks ago at the family check in at t5. Right at the end by North fast track.

I don't recommend family check in though. One counter open and it took 15 minutes to get through.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver
So does the JJC still exist?
Old May 29, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I think it's been replaced a loooong time ago. I'm sure my wings are sitting in a drawer somewhere along with my Pan Am and TWA equivalents. Would love to know where as I can't for the life of me locate them.
Old May 29, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Managed to get one yesterday for mini-so3003

Check-in and lounge staff had no idea what I was talking about; GLA-LCY crew knew what I was referring to but didn't have any on board; LHR-GLA had some and made the first entry in what will hopefully become a long log of flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.