Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Skyflyers logbooks

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by so3003
Always worth a try! I've had one Qantas captain who refused to sign it, but otherwise all BA / Cityflyer / Qantas / Loganair / others have been happy to do so. I got the impression some of the captains genuinely enjoyed doing it too
i’m a little bit sad about this, did they say why?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by nancypants

i’m a little bit sad about this, did they say why?
"The captain was too busy" was the comment from a very embarrassed looking member of the cabin crew as it was handed back to us on landing (having handed it in as we boarded). To be fair if said captain was having a bad day I'm glad not signing a log book was the worst of it!

Another flight crew noticed that the milestone pages (10,000 miles etc) hadn't been filled out when the logged miles tally crossed the appropriate threshold - so they filled these pages out retrospectively and even used a different colour pen etc to make it look authentic 😁
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: BA executive club
"The captain was too busy" was the comment from a very embarrassed looking member of the cabin crew as it was handed back to us on landing (having handed it in as we boarded). To be fair if said captain was having a bad day I'm glad not signing a log book was the worst of it!

Another flight crew noticed that the milestone pages (10,000 miles etc) hadn't been filled out when the logged miles tally crossed the appropriate threshold - so they filled these pages out retrospectively and even used a different colour pen etc to make it look authentic 😁
Nice, I guess we have to remember we all have a bad day... Let us know how you get on with Iberia, George, if you dare! I bet you'll end up with a visit to the cockpit or...🌍😉
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: QF WP
hopefully it wasn’t mr pants but it does sound like the sort of thing he’d say. I’ll have a word 😉
so3003 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 4:17 am

I was a British Airway flight child, I have my book and my 'wings' still! It is nice to know that children are still able to get their books signed by the pilots.
OurWorld likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
My 3 daughters are now in their late teens and early 20's. I have kept a faithful record of their air travels by retaining their boarding passes which have been stuck chronologically into their own scrapbooks. As well as a remembrance of where they've been it makes for a colourful and historic aviation record. Many of the airlines are no longer with us such as Malev, Croissair, Sabena and Swissair and it brings back fond memories of flights as far distant as NZ and the occasional very short flight from Tingwall to Out Skerries (landing on what was the shortest commercial runway in the world at 370 metres - but flights have now ceased apparently). Whilst paper boarding passes are still available I shall keep it going for them. There are between 700 and 800 passes over some 8 or 9 scrapbooks.
nancypants and OurWorld like this.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:34 am

Wink

Originally Posted by Bluekjp
My 3 daughters are now in their late teens and early 20's. I have kept a faithful record of their air travels by retaining their boarding passes which have been stuck chronologically into their own scrapbooks. As well as a remembrance of where they've been it makes for a colourful and historic aviation record. Many of the airlines are no longer with us such as Malev, Croissair, Sabena and Swissair and it brings back fond memories of flights as far distant as NZ and the occasional very short flight from Tingwall to Out Skerries (landing on what was the shortest commercial runway in the world at 370 metres - but flights have now ceased apparently). Whilst paper boarding passes are still available I shall keep it going for them. There are between 700 and 800 passes over some 8 or 9 scrapbooks.
Originally Posted by Alexandra Glen
I was a British Airway flight child, I have my book and my 'wings' still! It is nice to know that children are still able to get their books signed by the pilots.
I was a child of an Eastern Airlines employee... no longer in existence, started by an astronaut! I never had a flight book as a child, I do have my wings. But have been doing it for my daughters and I have now designed one that my sister and I are also using to record our journeys as adults. Helps with remembering where, when, with who! Amazingly, I decided to offer them for sale and I have just reached over 100, still popular thing to do. It is special to fly. Love the scrap book idea! You should see the movie just about to come out - The Aeronauts. I was lucky enough to see it early as part of the London Film Festival, if you like being in the clouds go see it!
Old Oct 16, 2019, 6:55 am

Smile

Originally Posted by timothyarnold
I didn't know this existed and my 3yo son would love it!

Does anyone know if it's possible to get one from LCY short haul to Faro? We are travelling in a few weeks and would be great if we could!
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
I had no idea this was a thing. Glad to know as my daughter is daft about planes despite only being 2 and a half!
Originally Posted by Wishing Well
My kids (14 and 12) had done 440,000 and 280,000 miles, on their 5th and 4th books, then we lost them!
Luckily I found them 2 years later by when they had nearly filled their replacement books.
Trying to find some online as the only airline I know that does them is BA and we won't be flying BA in the near future, but can only find one and it's not very good.

As an aside, we flew ANA from Tokyo to Hiroshima in April and on that short flight, as well filling in the log books, the crew gave each of my kids a postcard signed by five or six of the crew, with a personal message along the lines of "we hope you enjoyed your rest on your short flight with us" (they slept!). Nice.
Originally Posted by LHR FLYER
Are these available in LHR T5? I might see if I can pick two up for the nephews for their upcoming trip
Originally Posted by drsabs
U2 do them too – the cabin crew on our last flight gave us a bit of a ribbing for presenting a BA one to sign and tried to switch us over to theirs! The U2 ones don't have anywhere near as much space to log flights, instead using more space for fun facts etc.
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Wishing Well and LHR FLYER, if you're brave enough to PM me your addresses, I'll pick some up from my flights today and pop them in the post when I'm back on Monday.
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Message to BAEC had been met with stone cold silence. How long do they usually take to respond?
I know these are old messages now but if anyone is interested in log books I have recently designed one when I couldn't find replacements for my own children. They are passport size so easy to carry with flags, distances, etc. we have had fun using them and getting the pilot to sign them! You can find a photo in my bio and my website. There are free ones available out there but hard to find. I was encouraged to sell them by my children. I have found it is so nice to keep a record, however you do it, that I even use one myself . I read a thread about someone keep all the boarding cards in a scrapbook. Happy adventuring!

Last edited by OurWorld; Oct 16, 2019 at 8:42 am Reason: quote was in the wrong place! Below my response.
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Alexandra Glen
Welcome to Flyertalk, and welcome to the BA forum Alexandra Glen. It's good to see you here, and yes, this very much happens, I would say on about a quarter of my short haul flights (more difficult for me to track on longhaul but I guess it's a higher proportion). Very few flight crew mind doing it, and some like to check out the recent movements of their flight deck colleagues along the way. And there are a few much older "children" who still diligently present their log books on every flight.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Clearing out old paperwork at my mothers house and found my log book. Never knew I had one! Only one entry though.

Junior Jet Club c1974
Old Dec 24, 2019, 8:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rosswill
Clearing out old paperwork at my mothers house and found my log book. Never knew I had one! Only one entry though.
Goodness a Boeing 707, and they were considered luxurious at one point. I hope you will continue to use it from here. From what I can make out at least some flight crew enjoy paging back through previous entries to hear echoes from the past.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Taking our 8 week old on her flight soon.

Does anyone know if I can get BA log book for her? Happy to buy it if needed.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Will100
Taking our 8 week old on her flight soon.

Does anyone know if I can get BA log book for her? Happy to buy it if needed.
If you’re happy with the Skyflyer logbook then you can get them onboard (long haul anyway, not sure about short haul).
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
They are on short haul too. I was told they are stored down the back in the shop cart I think.

First flight crew brought us the colouring book for our 6 month old but on the next flight found the right book and the capt added on the flight for the outbound flight too.

I'm sure the crew hate them but I love it and I'm sure in years to come the little one will be happy to annoy the crew for the new miles added to her book.
Old Jan 19, 2022, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Master BR's logs are often read with amusement when passed over, because he's done more miles than quite a lot of the flight crew, particularly in Asia. He's never had a single refusal up to now, on any airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.