Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Skyflyers logbooks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Tried again on the return leg on Friday evening. None on the plane.

Have we seen the last of them?

Might send a message to BAEC on the off chance they can send a couple over.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Tried again on the return leg on Friday evening. None on the plane.

Have we seen the last of them?

Might send a message to BAEC on the off chance they can send a couple over.
i might do the same.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 9:24 am

I’ve asked on a SJC flight last month and been told BA has stopped doing them recently. We managed to get one on the return flight from SF and signed by captain and they gave our little boy some stickers. We also asked at Club check in at T5, the agent said they dont have it, but someone mentioned they keep some at the family check in.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 1:58 pm

Message to BAEC had been met with stone cold silence. How long do they usually take to respond?
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:10 am

Anyone have any luck? I tried calling to see if there is an office I could visit but was told there is not beside at the airports.

Trying to get one because our son has filled in all of his lines! Even went so far as to reproduce the pages in case I need to print it.

Would love to have started with a better bound book, but now all of the flights are logged and signed so would be a shame to start over again and lose previous signatures.

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 6:36 am

I'm starting to think I'll just use a blank journal and note the details down each time. I'm not too fussed about the signatures but it'd good to be able to look back on each journey.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by bigwalrus
I'm starting to think I'll just use a blank journal and note the details down each time. I'm not too fussed about the signatures but it'd good to be able to look back on each journey.
If I had to do it again, I probably would have used some kind of bound book. The one we have is a bit beat up. I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Maybe cut the pages out and paste onto another journal?

For now, I've printed a reproduced page just to get us through this trip and I'll figure something out later, unless we are able to get another book.

Also, easyjet has their own version, but I don't think it's as nice.

Last edited by namvu; Aug 2, 2018 at 7:28 am Reason: left out some info
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Aw, Little Fruitcake loved this in his day. He finished when three books were complete and stapled together. A nice record, including of his changing handwriting. :
Old Aug 2, 2018, 2:18 pm

I'll be flying around Europe over the next few days. If people want to message me their addresses, I'll grab some and pop them in the post. I can only speak for Heathrow short haul, but they are carried on all flights, if the crew member looks a bit confused, tell them they are buried in the bottom of the black document holdall loaded in the front galley on the Airbus.
bigwalrus likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:37 am

BA Customer Relations called today. She'd not heard of the logbooks before, but had asked colleagues and confirmed they do exist - a fact she checked by reading up about them on the BA website.

Agreed that they were a really nice idea and that there were some available at Heathrow. Said that every flight that leaves LHR and LGW is loaded with the books so they should have been available when I flew. However it is not their policy to post them out to a customer address, so she could only apologise that they can't help.

I think I would have preferred no response, to be honest...!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA executive club
flight logs

Originally Posted by RichP
Sorry to resurrect this old thread. pJr has his first flight in a couple of weeks, and I wondered whether the log books are still available? I couldn't see them for pre-order online, and I keep forgetting to look/ask onboard.
Thanks!
I have designed some and won an award if you are interested message me back.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
On BA CityFlyer the logbooks are loaded in the bottom of the “blue bag” (bag containing blankets, pillows, SkyFlyers packs etc).
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum. Aspiring flyer with both feet on the ground.
I grabbed my one earlier this year on a LHR-ATH hop. I asked the cabin crew manager directly and she popped one right out - then proceeded to give a few more to the rest of the families travelling on the plane.

So they still exist! The tray I saw must have had about 20 of them...
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:14 pm

I have about 6 stapled together covering the last 10yrs of flying. Usually the response from the crew is "you fly more than we do".
And I do😎
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:41 am

I got given 2 last month on a flight from MCO-LGW so they do still seem to exist!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.