Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What do you miss on BA before it was 'enhanced'?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you miss on BA before it was 'enhanced'?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Decent first class crew who had to wait years to even get to step foot in the cabin and then go through a 3 month training programme

(Unlike the perfectly nice girl last year on the AUH-MCT leg who didn't know what was in the canapés but said "they look nice tho so hope you enjoy"- you would never had that type of reply before in first)
Old Jan 12, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
BA aspiring to lead the premium market and distinguish itself on service instead of race to the bottom.
My thoughts exactly
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Hot meals in CE. As as in-frequent leisure traveller I probably get more of a "buzz" from CE than the folks on here who are in a premium cabin once a month more. The priority check in desks, Fast Track security, lounge access, finding a quiet corner and enjoying champagne & snacks in the lounge (& the odd Tiger beer), relaxing in the lounge until boarding then strolling up to priority boarding, the (usually) attentive service on board, nice meals, regular top ups of champagne..... maybe it's when you fly in a premium cabin for only 1 or 2 return journeys a year you enjoy the experience a touch more.

My last few flights in CE have almost all involved the cold meat platter/salad. These flights have varied in length from LHR > JER through to LHR > HEL. Regardless of flight length the meal is inevitably the same (with one exception when we were served afternoon tea). While pleasant enough the lack of a hot meal takes a small something away from the "premium" experience. I guess for the more seasoned travellers when they start to tot up the "small somethings" they've seen reduced or cut altogether it starts to get disheartening.

I understand it's far more practical on the shortest routes but surely BA can stretch to a hot meal on the 2 hour plus CE routes? A bit more variety of meals would also add to the CE experience.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:14 pm

EX-LIS!
EX-TIP!
PROPER CE
757s
PAPER TICKETS AND TICKET WALLETS
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
Sadly or fortunately King/Marshall can't see what became of their baby.

Ayling has vanished off the face of the earth.

Eddington gone home.

Walsh frying bigger fish in the cheapest oil.

Cruz......... don't go there.....

Still awaiting my dividend as a shareholder whilst they are pi$$ing off its followers.....
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
Overnight flights to NBO.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: BA LtG, Flying Blue Plat
The only thing I truly miss is Concorde. She stopped flying when I was only 14, but I had the pleasure of multiple flights. Nothing will ever be quite like her, a true beauty and so incredibly far ahead of her time.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
The days when BA staff would try to help latecomers to catch their plane, rather than forcibly prevent them from boarding
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:43 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I took my first LHR-DME flight last weekend since it went 'long haul'. On the A321 in Y which I don't find the seats particularly comfortable after about an hour. Although having read on here about the catering situation previously, I had forgotten about 'the sandwich'.

I do miss hot meals.

S
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:46 pm

Concorde. I never had the opportunity to fly it.

Otherwise, I cant really say I miss anything.

The things I valued 10 years ago on BA are still there now, and that's the problem. Other airlines have moved on but BA are still operating the same aircraft, the same seats, the same lounges etc. They've just stood still.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
The extra crew member on long haul which does - in hindsight - seems to make a difference. I also miss happy crews that aren't emotionally divorced from their employer.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
1) The fast plane and not just the speed but the amazing service!
2) Seat comfort and legroom used to be SO much better across the fleet.
3) The soft product, BA still has a lot of amazing staff, but as others have posted, these are slowly ebbing away and being replaced by people who though in many cases are well meaning, have had neither the training nor seem to have a truly customer-service oriented attitude.

Just my two pence.

BA or bust

PS Did I mention... BRING BACK THE FAST PLANE?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:42 am

Programs: Meh
BA was at the front with regards hard product innovation. Now BA is way behind, and had multiple opportunities to improve the seat with the introduction of new planes. Pity.

Slowly but surely the BA staff spirit and service is being ground down. Sad really. Impossible to get people's hearts back.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
BAH-DOH-BAH...
Old Jan 13, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Better legroom on SH flights
10TP minimum on SH flights
Better Avios bonus for SHC on SH
Free refreshments on SH ET and Domestics

Small things that made a difference to someone who mainly flies shorthaul economy!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.