Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service

Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 6, 19, 11:50 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: KARFA
Wiki Link
This thread focuses on experiences and reactions for the implementation of buy on board for shorthaul, mainly led by impressions taken from flying on board British Airways' shorthaul services.

An information thread exists for your questions, particularly if they are on factual matters, here:
Buy on board: Information guide for BA shorthaul economy services

If you have an opinion about the concept of Buy on Board, the right thread is:
Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept

Photos of current BoB menu (September 2018) post #125 in information thread
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 11, 17, 1:26 am

Programs: BA Silver
Will anyone take a hit for the team today and buy something so we can see the photos?
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:28 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
Hilarious

Typical (current) BA behaviour - a great way to piss off your high value/frequent flyers.

I'm on a ET sector on Friday morning, so will report back on similar findings.
Good comment, how do management know where you are going to eat those crisps, one may want to sit out with the masses for a bit and have something to eat. There are many of us that take a packet off on way to flight, and maybe not even touch it until getting to destination.
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I'm going to take a massive Tupperware box into the lounge on my next trip and fill it up with a three course meal
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:32 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver), BA Blue
Originally Posted by BA5E View Post
Good comment, how do management know where you are going to eat those crisps, one may want to sit out with the masses for a bit and have something to eat. There are many of us that take a packet off on way to flight, and maybe not even touch it until getting to destination.
I think they can tell you off but they cannot physically stop you. Someone in the lounge today, please try it out so we know!
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
No BOB on today's BA936 to DUS, operated by Titan
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:43 am

Programs: BA
Source- Head for Points Twitter
Attached Images  
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:46 am

TITAN

Originally Posted by stewaran View Post
No BOB on today's BA936 to DUS, operated by Titan

What do you get ?!
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:48 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas View Post
I think they can tell you off but they cannot physically stop you. Someone in the lounge today, please try it out so we know!
someone was spoken to whilst I was in earlier. At least four packets of crisps were returned from their bag.
As flying LH today no need to take anything as the club kitchen will be well stocked.
Old Jan 11, 17, 1:54 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by where next View Post
someone was spoken to whilst I was in earlier. At least four packets of crisps were returned from their bag.
As flying LH today no need to take anything as the club kitchen will be well stocked.
Ouch thats pretty toe-curling!
Old Jan 11, 17, 3:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges

A lengthy side discussion on the appropriation of lounge F&B has been removed. Please stick to the topic outlined in post 1. If you wish to discuss any other topic, please add your contributions to one of the forum's many other threads.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Jan 11, 17, 3:04 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Captain apologised that inadequate BoB food had been loaded for our flight to TXL this morning!
Old Jan 11, 17, 3:07 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver), BA Blue
Originally Posted by nbevan View Post
Captain apologised that inadequate BoB food had been loaded for our flight to TXL this morning!
I would have taped that announcement and sent it to CS for avios compensation. If they said no compensation, I believe that would be against flight T&C's as they state upon purchasing the ticket that 'M&S BOB is available on board for purchase' and in this case clearly it is 'not available'.

Legal experts please feel free to help me out here.
Old Jan 11, 17, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, Royal Ambassador
Update from on-board

My partner flies as Cabin Crew for BA and has just worked a short-haul sector (would have been Band 3).

She said they had been pretty much cleaned out of food on the outbound sector alone, very positive reaction to the food and the quality. So for all the Twitter ranting, seems that the reaction of those people on board, buying the stuff is great. I'm sure BA would have worked out how much needed to be loaded, so on this flight at least, it would suggest it was a bit of a success.

No idea what they're going to sell on the way home, I did suggest we make up some nice home-made scones and cakes for 'cash only' sales
Old Jan 11, 17, 3:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TeamStorm View Post
My partner flies as Cabin Crew for BA and has just worked a short-haul sector (would have been Band 3).

She said they had been pretty much cleaned out of food on the outbound sector alone,..)
Possibly reluctant purchases by unsuspecting passengers expecting their included breakfast when they boarded.
Old Jan 11, 17, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL, IHG Spire; Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by TeamStorm View Post
very positive reaction to the food and the quality. So for all the Twitter ranting, seems that the reaction of those people on board, buying the stuff is great.
What about drinks?

Search this Thread