FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Buy on board: Information guide for BA shorthaul economy services (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1814439-buy-board-information-guide-ba-shorthaul-economy-services.html)

orbitmic Jan 15, 2017 3:48 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 27763543)
Mr & Mrs T, please :)

oops true for the Mrs!! :) you were actually the person I was thinking of when saying some other posters like it!! :)

TheOldMan Jan 18, 2017 11:06 am

Only soft drinks on LCY routes until change in Summer?

I have looked through the various posts but cannot find a reference to this so just wanted to ask if anyone has flown on the LCY BA Cityflyer routes recently? The BA website page outlining the BoB changes advises that drinks and snacks are still available free of charge on LCY domestic routes until the summer but then appears to imply that only soft drinks are available free of charge.
Anyone able to confirm if this is the case?
Many thanks,

Skipcool3 Jan 18, 2017 1:02 pm

No change at LCY at the moment

Dicksbits Jan 18, 2017 8:56 pm

BA and M&S have taken out a quarter page advert on page 15 of The Daily Telegraph newspaper in the UK this (Thursday) morning with the headline: "Quality comes first at 30,000ft". Specifically mentions being available on flights out of London Heathrow and London Gatwick. "In fact, all the delicious quality items specifically designed by M&S for BA customers are under £5". It's quite a low key ad, with the exception of the photo of a bacon butty, written in newspaper size text.

:D! Feb 5, 2017 3:50 pm

26 March start of LCY BOB?

I have been doing some award searches for LCY flights and it looks like BOB will begin from 26 March.

Please tell me this isn't new information to FT as it isn't exactly difficult to find ... but I did a search which only located this prophetic post from October:

Originally Posted by shefgab (Post 27346375)
Does anyone know if "summer 2017" for LCY and STN routes starts at the beginning of the IATA Summer season (IIRC 26 March 2017) or will it actually be what people associate with summer (e.g. June or July), or some random date between those?

http://i.imgur.com/sJ4Nlyx.png

wyvern Feb 5, 2017 8:20 pm

How will they do LCY BOB given the number of crew on the planes?

corporate-wage-slave Feb 6, 2017 1:58 am

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 27869686)
I have been doing some award searches for LCY flights and it looks like BOB will begin from 26 March.

Please tell me this isn't new information to FT as it isn't exactly difficult to find ... but I did a search which only located this prophetic post from October:

I haven't seen any announcement, and while what you show here may be correct, it could just be a blanket statement to cover all the possibilities.

Originally Posted by wyvern (Post 27870386)
How will they do LCY BOB given the number of crew on the planes?

That is going to be a mystery to me too, for some of the shorter routes such as AMS and DUB that is going to be very difficult if there is CE and just 2 crew members. The longer flights should be fine, the passenger numbers are such that this should be OK after the first weeks of implementation. Domestic probably would be OK too, until they also get Club Europe, which is supposedly not far off. Hopefully the TourPOS will be made easier by then.

TRISTAR1979 Feb 6, 2017 2:43 am

Glad you spotted this, I was just about to book some flights, but I will hold off on my bookings until I get confirmation. I have a flight to LCY coming up in a couple of weeks so I will ask the crew to confirm then. If this is correct I will be on the Train or on EZY from 26 March.

stifle Feb 8, 2017 12:34 pm

Has it been established whether payments with a BA Amex will get double Avios?

CMK10 Mar 14, 2017 6:46 pm

My first time experiencing it on LHR-DUB last week. ET started at row 6, I was in row 10 and I was the first person to buy anything (I just had a soda). One person bought something in row 12 and that was all i saw around me. Didn't sound like the most profitable flight for BA.

TPloser Mar 14, 2017 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 28038061)
My first time experiencing it on LHR-DUB last week. ET started at row 6, I was in row 10 and I was the first person to buy anything (I just had a soda). One person bought something in row 12 and that was all i saw around me. Didn't sound like the most profitable flight for BA.

But you forget the cost saving of BA not needing to serve all rows of economy with a meal. So overall they probably made more profit than previously, especially if M&S is paying for the priv of their name being used.
And after a while people will forget that they used to get if for free and accept they can buy it if they want it. Just like when I flew Aer Lingus LHR-DUB. Didn't get upset, as i wasn't expecting it and decided not to buy anything on board. Maybe other BA flyers also have short memories, as Ialso remember good food on AL flights.

tuff Mar 15, 2017 2:12 am

We have a flight from Berlin to LCY on 26th March so that should be interesting if the date is correct.

tuff Mar 15, 2017 3:21 am

Originally Posted by tuff (Post 28039146)
We have a flight from Berlin to LCY on 26th March so that should be interesting if the date is correct.

Just checked MMB and there is a statement in the information section: "Charges may apply for food and drink. Please check operating carrier website for details"

FlyerTalker39574 Mar 15, 2017 3:41 am

There's an airside Pret at LCY which seems likely to be getting busier soon.

Provision for a pre-flight lounge or similar at LCY for BA passengers is getting very urgent.

flatlander Apr 19, 2017 12:46 am

Originally Posted by richardwft (Post 28039310)
There's an airside Pret at LCY which seems likely to be getting busier soon.

There are conveniently two Prets at LCY now, one in the main departures lounge and one along the walk towards the lower numbered gates. I found this convenient when arriving at LCY just in time the other day and not wishing to queue at the main Pret, I was able to get a sandwich with no wait at the auxiliary Pret while walking to the gate.