Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Buy on board: Information guide for BA shorthaul economy services

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is an information based guide for the implementation of buy on board for shorthaul, focusing specifically on information for what is available for purchase and how to buy items from the menu. The first post has the current menu and an FAQ, by all means ask other questions if not already answered. This thread is not concerned with the rights or wrongs of the decision to introduce buy on board.

There is a separate thread for experiences, anecdotes, reactions and related comments, which is to be found here:
Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy services

If you have an opinion about the concept of Buy on Board, the right thread is:
Buy on board: Implemented on BA short haul - opinions on the concept

Photos of current BoB menu (January 2021) can be found in post #189

Menu archive:
January-March 2020 menu post 153
October-December 2019 menu post 5 (separate thread)
May-September 2019 menu post 150
January-April 2019 menu post 144
September-December 2018 menu post 125
May-September 2018 menu post 115
January-April 2018 menu post 112
Autumn/Winter 2017 menu post 94
Summer 2017 menu post 91
January 2017 menu post 43
Print Wikipost

Buy on board: Information guide for BA shorthaul economy services

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
wrong thread
Old Jul 12, 2019, 6:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Here is the new menu, quite a lot of changes.
The only new thing that looked appealing on the new menu was the Loveau drink on page 13... which was then of course out of stock from the start. For the moment that the CC were near us, the words they kept repeating the most were "we're out of ..", both to customers and to each other. I wonder if the amount of choice available in translating into stock management issues? I find it hard to rely on BoB for refreshment or nourishment, if most of the selection is regularly and randomly out of stock.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BoB menu for January - April 2020

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 7, 2020 at 5:20 am
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:36 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
BoB menu for January - April 2020
Thanks for sharing. It is again very uninspiring. Can’t believe Aer Lingus does better than this. But it may satisfy Brits that consider sandwiches with crisps as a meal 🤮
florens likes this.

Last edited by BA6948; Jan 2, 2020 at 5:43 am
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6948
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. Would you mind editing your post so not to quote all the photos ? It just helps with the thread not getting too long on the screen
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:19 am

On my last BA short-haul flight a few days ago, the announcement was a mumbled ... "We blahblah CASH and blah blah CREDIT CARDS blah AVIOS". I heard at least 6 people around me order stuff and try to pay with cash.

They need to change the wording of the announcement or at least change which words they emphasise.
Misco60 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:24 am

We've had the new brochures loaded on the aircraft since the 28th of Dec, yet the new stock starts to be loaded from the 6th Jan. No, I can't explain it. Another 4 days of endless "sorry we don't have that loaded yet....."
Old Jan 2, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
We've had the new brochures loaded on the aircraft since the 28th of Dec, yet the new stock starts to be loaded from the 6th Jan. No, I can't explain it. Another 4 days of endless "sorry we don't have that loaded yet....."
I can feel you...

Old Jan 3, 2020, 4:43 pm

To complete the circle, today new duty free stock, old duty free brochures. Bangs head repeatedly against a nearby bulkhead. I was misinformed above, new M&S stock is on board from today (3rd) so at least that matches up!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
It is still a rubbish menu.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Thanks KARFA, that tapas looks nice! I will probably order it if they have it in stock on my LHR-IST-LHR run in Feb although I am row 22 so good luck for that. Does it work to tell the cabin crew I want something specific when boarding and to spare one for me in row 22?

I'd rather not eat the sandwiches and it is a 4 hour flight so I feel I will get hungry during the flight regardless of how much I eat before boarding in the lounge.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:43 am

Quite a nicely presented menu. Had to smile at 'This product contains nuts' under the picture/title of the M&S cashew nuts Being serious though, they need salt imo.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:58 am
WLX

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Quite a nicely presented menu. Had to smile at 'This product contains nuts' under the picture/title of the M&S cashew nuts Being serious though, they need salt imo.
Stuff like this is quite often down to Public Health England issuing supermarkets and food manufacturers with nutritional directives requiring recipe reformulations and reductions in sugar and salt content across entire lines. There are now 220 such targets – 150 of which relate to salt.

Removing salt from cashew nuts (that quite clearly benefit from them) is probably a small step towards M&S being able to say their entire snacks/food range meets the target – rather than cost-cutting or genuinely because M&S or BA think they taste better unsalted.

The best cashews are found on board UL anyway!
Old Jan 5, 2020, 10:19 am

I believe British Airways is the only airline in the UK which does not have any vegan food (sandwhich or wrap, not snacks or porridge) in their BOB offering.
florens likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Thanks KARFA, that tapas looks nice! I will probably order it if they have it in stock on my LHR-IST-LHR run in Feb although I am row 22 so good luck for that. Does it work to tell the cabin crew I want something specific when boarding and to spare one for me in row 22?

I'd rather not eat the sandwiches and it is a 4 hour flight so I feel I will get hungry during the flight regardless of how much I eat before boarding in the lounge.
Better stick with your Plan A from another thread and take a Burger King on board. A guy bought one into Club back from Spain on my flight yesterday and it smelled SO good

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.