Wiki Posts
Search

PUJ Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
PUJ Lounge

Hi all, I have been looking for up to date information on lounge access at PUJ, I understand from the posts I have read that the contract lounge which was available to BA CW pax in the past is no longer available due to BA not renewing the contract?
Does anyone know if this is likely to be rectified in the future, looking forward to a BA holidays package there later in the year?
Thanks all.
CB
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:16 am

When I was there in 2015, they gave CW pax a voucher to spend at the ridiculously expensive cafes/shops airside. $20 I think. Would be nice for them to renew the contract but doubt it's worth the spend to BA.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
though not related to BA, when I was there in 2016 with AA, there was no lounge for use.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Silver Card
That's a shame as I'm due out there in June
Old Jan 12, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
No lounge, although as Laba says you do get a $20 voucher to use in the fast food outlet, or 'corner shop'. Incredibly anything you pick up in the shop will come to $20, is is ridiculously expensive.

Your best bet is to sign up for an Amex Preferred Gold card, which gives you two free Priority Pass lounge visits and is accepted in the PUJ lounge.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:01 pm

I've used the voicher several times and just picked up bags of sweets for taking back, usually for appreciative work colleagues.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:34 am

Punta Cana Lounges

Has anyone flown CW from PUJ since the new lounges were opened? Do BA give CW passengers entry vouchers? And what do you get inside?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk MuddyWaters

If you look at the main lounge threads - I've linked for you - post #10 there's some details on this - updated in Dec 2017

BA Lounge Database | South America and Caribbean
MuddyWaters likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 3:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I also need to welcome you MuddyWaters to both Flyertalk and the BA forum, it's good to see you here. And after travelling it would be good to get any updates from you, it's one of those routes where the oneworld lounge directory doesn't help at all.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: BA gold UA MM
I was there in sept 17 - no lounge access. Unable to use priority pass in lounge as only after 1600 ( after BA flight departed)
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC silver, CX gold, FB ivory
Hi there have recently got back from a trip to PUJ and there is still no lounge acces for Club World you do get a voucher instead.
The only available lounge is under renovation so only half of it is open. We used priority pass to access the open section and it was very small and crowded- not worth the bother. Hope this helps.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Lowest of the low ��
Can anyone who has recently flown from PUJ in J confirm that BA continue to provide retail vouchers rather than lounge access? Thanks FG
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:23 am

We flew back in J in February 2019 and received the vouchers.
Family Guy likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 11:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Family Guy
Can anyone who has recently flown from PUJ in J confirm that BA continue to provide retail vouchers rather than lounge access? Thanks FG
Many thanks to MrsBNow for that answer, but also a thank you and welcome to you, Family Guy, it's good to see you here and I hope we will hear more from you in the future too.
Family Guy likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Just dropped a bag traveling in World Traveller Plus and as a Silver (partner Blue) we were offered the $20 voucher. It can only be used in two places though - one selling “hot dogs, fries, burgers and gyros” with canteen seating outside. Burgers are around €7-9, plain hot dog €5, chili cheese dog $7 etc, drinks $3-4.

The other place is more of a shop, sandwiches in a counter, crisps, popcorn sweets etc, also selling small bottles of alcohol. Interestingly nothing has a price though, so I suspect they’ll make it up to reach the voucher limit!

Fortunately it’s not the worst airport to manage without a lounge. The departure seating is comfortable enough for an hour or so and everywhere is clean and modern. There’s a full bar at the end of the terminal if you wish. Passport control and security is swift and the automated passport machines work better than London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.