Search

LHR- MIA Matrix fare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
LHR- MIA Matrix fare

Hi,
I was looking at LHR-MIA return and found flights with BA in CW I fare for dates 2nd - 21st JAN 2018.

Note I said 2018!! When I transferred this over to BookwithMatrix.com to see where this was bookable it said Hotwire. When I pressed this it said Hotwire no longer had any seats at this price.

Is Bookwith matrix just a gimmick? because no other sites have dates this far ahead and even BA only goes as far as December 2017.
Would it really be possible for anyone to book this far in advance.

The price was only £2047.17 each.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Often fares will be loaded with dates valid more than a year in advance (visible if you look in the rules) although as you say it's not bookable until 355 days before the return date.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA only loads flights 355 days in advance. It is not possible that seats for January 2018 would be available today.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
Often fares will be loaded with dates valid more than a year in advance (visible if you look in the rules) although as you say it's not bookable until 355 days before the return date.

355 days would mean I can book this on 31st Jan. So are you saying that the price ive seen should be available on 31st Jan??
Thanks for any advice
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:16 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by sarahuk
355 days would mean I can book this on 31st Jan. So are you saying that the price ive seen should be available on 31st Jan??
Thanks for any advice
If the I fare is still valid AND there is I fare availability. Often only the more expensive fare buckets are available at 354 days out, with I loaded later on.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:18 pm

Is there a reason why you want to book so far in advance? You could maybe wait for a better price potentially.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Is there a reason why you want to book so far in advance? You could maybe wait for a better price potentially.
I need to fly these dates (give or take a day or two) as we are going on a cruise. I would normally look at ex eu prices but as its is January, the weather is unpredictable so its easier to fly direct from LHR.
I have never seen BA direct from LHR at these prices. I know the BA sale ends on 31st Jan so I suppose the prices will go up then??
When you say wait for potentially better prices , how long would I expect to wait as I would not want to risk leaving it until only a few months before we are due to go.
Thanks for any help.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
I've used this FT plugin with Matrix to book on aa.com successfully.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1623427-ita-matrix-powertools-userscript-orbitz-dl-ua-aa-ba-cz-ib-la-lh-lx-tk-26.html
Old Jan 8, 2017, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rupert_s
I've used this FT plugin with Matrix to book on aa.com successfully.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-lx-tk-26.html
Haha I think you have lost me there. I have to admit Im somewhat IT challenged!!!
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for any advice
Note that you have to wait until 355 (354?) days before the return leg to book.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I need to fly these dates (give or take a day or two) as we are going on a cruise.
If you need to book a flight where the inbound date is not yet bookable because it's too far into the future, BA call centres can help you to book even though the inbound is out of range. I think that if you search this board for the phrase "out of range" you may find some past advice on that. If you can't find it, one of the BA staff here may be able to post it, or one of the rest of us can have a look for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.