Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios availability in F on 787-9 operated flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold

Does anyone have any historical data on how often F seats are opened up with such small F cabins? I'm particularly interested in SCL!

P.S. I hope it was OK to create a new thread, as it's slightly different topic from the thread I've recently opened!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Greetings!
its a function of the cabin - it's only 8 F seats on the 789 so less seats though there are supposed to be 2 seats in each class on each flight....
SCL - may be a bit tough - many of us have wanted SCL on the route network for a while. In fact F is almost full on the LHR-SCL sector for the next week!!!!! (Unless I had done something wrong.....) So lots of us want to try out BA's first direct foray into Chile and the longest flight BA operates...
Also I gather this route is performing strongly for BA and they are more than happy with forward bookings which means they are likely to minimise Avios seats....
Having spent 4 days in Santiago and currently in Lastarria all I can say is it's a great place to visit so good luck!!!!

FD
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:46 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Flying Doctor
Greetings!
its a function of the cabin - it's only 8 F seats on the 789 so less seats though there are supposed to be 2 seats in each class on each flight
Not correct. It is 2 J and 4 Y award seats on every flight. No guaranteed award space in F or W.

To the OP, the 789 has not been around for long and I'm sure BA will be adjusting their revenue management and award availability for the cabin size, so historical availability anecdotes won't really give much useful insight.

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
its a function of the cabin - it's only 8 F seats on the 789 so less seats though there are supposed to be 2 seats in each class on each flight....
I was under the impression F reward seats weren't guaranteed and the 2 seats were only guaranteed in J and Y...happy to be corrected though
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Greetings!
SCL - may be a bit tough - many of us have wanted SCL on the route network for a while. In fact F is almost full on the LHR-SCL sector for the next week!!!!! (Unless I had done something wrong.....) So lots of us want to try out BA's first direct foray into Chile and the longest flight BA operates...
Also I gather this route is performing strongly for BA and they are more than happy with forward bookings which means they are likely to minimise Avios seats....
Having spent 4 days in Santiago and currently in Lastarria all I can say is it's a great place to visit so good luck!!!!

FD
BAEC does not guarantee to release any seats in F. The guaranteed award seats applies to CW and WT.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Greetings!
There's only ever been a commitment to open up 2 J and 4 Y seats per flight - never anything for F or W.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I can find plenty* of F availability on the LHR-SCL flight in F for 2 people....

* In June... Apparently I checked an unusual month. April and May there is some left as well.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I can find plenty of F availability on the LHR-SCL flight in F for 2 people....
I think it would help the OP to explain how you found that info.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Check the availability calendar on BA.com... MAY20 (4 seats) JUN06 (3 seats) for instance at 476000 Avios + € 1,339.36 for 2 people (off peak)
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:14 pm

I'm booked on LHR - PVG in may and was surprised that there were five available F seats on most days.

Interestingly, BA161 to PVG ON 18th may is showing 7 F seats as awards.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Somehwere thought the tu had been told that but fine, if it's not true happy to be corrected....
Old Jan 7, 2017, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
if it's not true happy to be corrected....
it is indeed incorrect. As pointed out by others, 2J + 4Y has been the only commitment to date.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
When I booked my KUL-LHR about 6 months before travel there were 3 F Avios seats available.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I got a first award seat on the London to tokyo narita flight when it appeared with around 2 weeks to go on the 787-9.

Cabin load was 5/8.

Have to fly back from haneda on the 7777.

Regards

Tbs
Old Jan 7, 2017, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
While YYZ certainly isn't the most desirable destination in the next 3 months there is F availability on the 789 flights but generally more on the earlier 772 operated 92/93

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.