Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why do I have to phone BA for TP & Avios when I do an AUP?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD

Apologies for a small rant, but please tell me its not just me?

The last 4 trips I have taken where I have done an AUP I have had to ring up to get BA to correct my TP and Avios

My last trip is no exception, CW to First at the lounge desk, couple days later, surprise surprise, only credited for CW.

I rang up, as usual, and they said it was all sorted and I would be credited the correct TP and Avios, as usual. I even received the email 3 days later saying it had all been correctly adjusted and invited me to login to see the adjusted points, as usual. However upon logging in, there is no change in TP or Avios

And to top it all off after ringing back again today, to be told customer relations is closed today!? The website says otherwise, that they are open at 9am

Looks like yet another phone call.

Im getting somewhat tired of this
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
When I have done AUP's and the TP's and Avios dont post I just send a message to BAMissingAvios on here, and no need then to call BAEC.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Because their IT is sh**!

By the same token, sometimes an op-up posts with the travelled class. No need to call then, of course.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:38 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Because their IT is sh**!

By the same token, sometimes an op-up posts with the travelled class. No need to call then, of course.
I probably have a hit rate of 33%:

Need to call
All posts correctly
Upgraded class posts

Therefore I never complain about the need to call
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:39 am

i was told that it's because an aup doesn't trigger a ticket reissue so it just goes through as per the original ticket. Yes, it's a PITA, and it's been this way for years. There were claims it had been sorted a few years ago but it's never worked for me.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 4:49 am

The dodgy IT works both ways. I have received a credit for a redemption flight more than once...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.