Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet another BA F Complaint

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Yet another BA F Complaint

Had to send this to BA before I had even cleared customs...

I am writing to complain about my British Airways first class flight from London Heathrow Terminal 5 to Atlanta on Friday the 6th January 2017.

Whilst the jet-bridge to the plane was broken, the way in which the ground-staff pulled together to come up with an alternative route with the additional requirements this involved, including drawing upon addition personnel and resources from across the airport sadly puts others' ability to crisis manage to shame. I am sorry to report, having purchased 2 magazines in case of a significant delay and despite the news about the issue having. been promptly broken (which to my delight lead me to think that I would be able to get engrossed into one if not two of the mags), in this case your team minimised the delay to such an extent that I was not even able to open to the contents page until into my suite onboard!

Furthermore the welcome I received onboard by the friendly crew, together with how attentive they were (my glass was never empty from take-off until coming in to landing), is simply not acceptable; I found myself having to express my gratitude far too often.

Additionally, it is clearly unacceptable that all the crew clearly manage to work so proficiently as a well led team whilst managing to look smart and pristine despite a long flight; whereas I struggle to look human after a quick hop on a domestic flight between London and Manchester. This has left me green with envy!

Indeed, and although I have contacted you separately in this regard, I am devastated that I have had to give up one of my converted golden tickets for one of your crew, Andrew, whose service exceeded all of my expectations but also his knowledge on Katy's Adore and Michelle Visage frankly put mine to shame. His sympathy of offering to make up another spare suite for my use as a bed, whilst no doubt had the right intentions, meant that I couldn't listen to the more interesting conversation the crew might of had in the galley!

Unfortunately, I must also complain with respect to the cuisine; having enjoyed the fine dinning within the Concord Room together with a relaxing facial within the spa, I couldn't help but eat the delicious onboard offering given it was so well presented and this has absolutely ruined my healthy start to 2017 and disappointingly this will result in the need for me to visit my hotel's gym far more than I had originally intended!

Regrettable, the inflight entertainment contained far too many films and tv programmes that I wanted to see, resulting in me not wanting to sleep despite having paid for a lie-flat seat within my suite; indeed I was forced to apologies to my fellow passengers as Absolutely Fabulous had me laughing too loud on more than one occasion!

I must, of course not leave out those up-front whom kept us informed without being intrusive and kept the journey smooth and safe, annoyingly meaning the armchair lawyer within me sadly didn't have an excuse to research the Montreal Convention!

I trust that that you will take the utmost care in ensuring that the above matters are fed back and dealt with, particularly as if these are not dealt with the urgency that such comments deserve, my bank manager is going to be rather annoyed at me having to spend further money in the hope of finding such an enjoyable flight.

Additionally, please feel free to share my comments more widely both within your company but also externally, should you desire, as I strongly believe that these are lessons that all within aviation and other industries can learn from.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance in this crucial matter.

Yours faithfully
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:25 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Best post of 2017. Thank you.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA: Life time PLT; HH Diamond
A quiet day at Waterside then...
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by wemyss
A quiet day at Waterside then...
I don't know what u mean? I'm on leave if that's what you attempting to ask?

Last edited by navylad; Jan 6, 2017 at 9:07 pm
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
You forgot the part where you threaten to switch to AA or whatever if the current state of affairs persist!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by drhandsome
You forgot the part where you threaten to switch to AA or whatever if the current state of affairs persist!
yeah that and demanding Avios for compensation, I thought better of it as this was an email that I sent to BA, have just copied it onto here
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by navylad
Had to send this to BA before I had even cleared customs...
And then you woke up and found out that you were leaving from a bus gate. Your phone was running down as you couldn't find a seat near an electrical outlet, and upon waking up, you found the drink you ordered was never brought around. Stopping at the toilets, you noticed how dirty they were. Aboard the plane, you found the monitor kept coming loose, and then as you reached forward to fix it, you noticed an immense amount of dirt under the ottoman. Food was OK, although they didn't have your first choice for a main - and they did run out of slippers.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
And then you woke up and found out that you were leaving from a bus gate. Your phone was running down as you couldn't find a seat near an electrical outlet, and upon waking up, you found the drink you ordered was never brought around. Stopping at the toilets, you noticed how dirty they were. Aboard the plane, you found the monitor kept coming loose, and then as you reached forward to fix it, you noticed an immense amount of dirt under the ottoman. Food was OK, although they didn't have your first choice for a main - and they did run out of slippers.
Were you on the same flight? only joking, nope none of those things happened thankfully, but thanks for proving the point that it doesn't take long for someone to try and make a positive post negative, you could just be grateful that I had a good flight, actually scrap good it was awesome.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:25 pm

Shouldn't all of what you describe be more or less expected given what F costs..I mean you're spending the price of a used car on 8 hours in your life, it better be really good. Kinda sad that one feels the need to point out that sometimes flying F on BA is actually a good experience.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum One, Hilton Honors Diamond, Oneworld Emerald
I'm doing my first F outbound from LHR (and first CCR visit) on this route in a few months and initially thought, "Oh here we go...."

Funny post.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:28 pm

You forgot to mention that the cutlery was layed out imperfectly! So far this year, that is my favorite complaint!
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
+1 to this, I had a similar experience on Monday to YYZ. The crew was far too nice, they made me feel like a bad person because I could never be that kind. The lunch service was way too filling; I didn't have room for Afternoon Tea, so I think I should be compensated Avios.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by navylad
Were you on the same flight? only joking, nope none of those things happened thankfully, but thanks for proving the point that it doesn't take long for someone to try and make a positive post negative, you could just be grateful that I had a good flight, actually scrap good it was awesome.
I didn't realize it was a true story -- it seemed more like a troll from fantasyland. Glad to hear it is real - I wonder what the folks at BA will make of your letter.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:35 pm

"And may I emphasise that it's your incorrigible fault for having raised my expectations for the other F flights that I intend to take for the rest of the year."
Old Jan 6, 2017, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ber2dca
Shouldn't all of what you describe be more or less expected given what F costs..I mean you're spending the price of a used car on 8 hours in your life, it better be really good. Kinda sad that one feels the need to point out that sometimes flying F on BA is actually a good experience.
I remember my dad's first car (used) was Ł125 in the 90s! I appreciate that you may think that a F service should be completely faultless and therefore there is little point in giving any feedback other than negative. However it wasn't just a good experience, it was fantastic, far better than I have experienced with BA, QR, AA, CX, AY, NZ, EK or EY before, whilst the rapport that the CC built throughout the flight together with the tactful use of humour may have not fully come across in that email, the personally letter that I also wrote for the Golden Ticket nomination to the individual CC mentioned and the citation that I wrote went into much further detail on this.

Last edited by navylad; Jan 6, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.