Wiki Posts
Search

787-9 F

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I was disappointed that the reading lights had come off and had been replaced with cork coasters!
Cork coasters sound a little classier than the oversized elastoplast that greeted me on my 789 experience....

Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Originally Posted by ChrL
There is a thick curtain just in front of 1A. If used properly it completely blocks out the galley lights but is a bit of a pain to get through. The proper use is to have the edges fastened to the wall and then to walk through the middle which has some pretty strong in build magnets to keep it "closed" and almost trip you up. On a couple of flights the crew have not tied it to the wall so there ends up being a gap for the light to get through.
I feel very sorry for the cabin crew that have to get through the curtain on the A side. The magnets are way too strong and they have to somehow find their way through carrying hot food/drinks etc. The curtain has be closed even at meal times otherwise passengers can see the door to the cockpit!

I love 787 in F and had a fantastic flight back from KUL a couple of months ago with 2 lovely ladies looking after the F cabin which was BA as it's best.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Grande Annee
The curtain has be closed even at meal times otherwise passengers can see the door to the cockpit!
Seeing the door to the cockpit is not really an issue. Generally if the door is to be opened the curtain is closed if it isn't already - same on the shorthaul fleet.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I broke the reading light in 1a the first time I tried to twist it to switch it on.
Not sure if that's my handy work from October or it's quite common.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Seeing the door to the cockpit is not really an issue. Generally if the door is to be opened the curtain is closed if it isn't already - same on the shorthaul fleet.
Not what the cabin crew told me. They said on the 789 the curtain MUST be closed at all times apart from boarding, take off and landing because of seeing the cockpit door. The curtain on the K side can be open because the cockpit is not visible from that side.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:45 am

Not what the cabin crew told me. They said on the 789 the curtain MUST be closed at all times apart from boarding, take off and landing because of seeing the cockpit door. The curtain on the K side can be open because the cockpit is not visible from that side.
Sounds odd.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:49 am

Sounds odd.
I guess it's being security conscious, but on the upper deck of the 747 the door is visible at all times!

Maybe one of the lovely cabin crew on here can confirm the rules? I don't think CIHY works on the 789!?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:52 am

I guess it's being security conscious, but on the upper deck of the 747 the door is visible at all times!

Maybe one of the lovely cabin crew on here can confirm the rules? I don't think CIHY works on the 789!?
I don't see how seeing the cockpit door when closed is a security issue - but as you say hopefully someone can explain the rationale.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:58 am

I don't see how seeing the cockpit door when closed is a security issue - but as you say hopefully someone can explain the rationale.
I agree.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The curtain needs to be closed when access to the flight deck is required, it can be open at other times but I prefer half of the curtain to be pinned back during the service.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
The curtain needs to be closed when access to the flight deck is required, it can be open at other times but I prefer half of the curtain to be pinned back during the service.
Oh, the cabin crew on my flight were wrong then! They were struggling through the magnetic curtain throughout the meal service and were very frustrated. I had a conversion with them both about it.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Many thanks for the clarification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.