FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA: Worcester Sauce is for men (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1812831-ba-worcester-sauce-men.html)

Takiteasy Jan 4, 2017 2:20 pm

BA: Worcester Sauce is for men

Today my colleague asked for Worcester sauce to flavour up her dish (it is on the drinks trolley). The following dialogue follows.

Crew: Worcester sauce, really? But it's for men!
Colleague (laughing): Am sure I can handle it
Crew: It's really for drinks only
[fetches the sauce nevertheless]
Crew: Here you go darling

The strangest sentences I have ever heard from the mouth of an airline crew.

Dicksbits Jan 4, 2017 2:29 pm

I had a similar experience on a 06:30 ALC run from Gatters when I asked for a bloody mary. "You're starting early" came the playful reply from the CC. When I asked for the full works I was greeted with a flirty: "You like it spicy do you?". I must admit we both laughed and I trotted off the plane with another miniature or two.

navylad Jan 4, 2017 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Dicksbits (Post 27704900)
I had a similar experience on a 06:30 ALC run from Gatters when I asked for a bloody mary. "You're starting early" came the playful reply from the CC. When I asked for the full works I was greeted with a flirty: "You like it spicy do you?". I must admit we both laughed and I trotted off the plane with another miniature or two.

I'd much rather this sort of reaction than a clinical service for sure; although I accept that whilst I wouldn't find a comment about Worcester sauce being for men as sexiest, others might; knowing once audience is key.

Jonrross Jan 4, 2017 2:48 pm

Good job there were no Sussex Uni students within earshot ;-)

destere Jan 4, 2017 2:55 pm

Correct title: "CC: Worcester Sauce is for men"

South London Bon Viveur Jan 4, 2017 3:08 pm

Seems like a pretty good natured crew. It's probably an unusual request for food although it probably does make a nice accompaniment- I am a bit of a condiment fan.

Beano HK Jan 4, 2017 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by destere (Post 27705044)

Being a complete pedant, the correct title would be "CC: Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce"...

navylad Jan 4, 2017 3:32 pm

A small condiment can work marvels with ration packs!

Jamier45 Jan 4, 2017 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by navylad (Post 27705257)

Indeed however if you go for purple 5 it's steak and vegetables and pretty good ^

navylad Jan 4, 2017 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Jamier45 (Post 27705335)
Indeed however if you go for purple 5 it's steak and vegetables and pretty good ^

Didn't realised they served them in RAF 5*

Worcester Jan 5, 2017 3:23 am

How bizarre, Worcestershire sauce can pep up a lot of bland food (or food made bland through being served at low air pressure and low humidity) as it has umami which is the only taste which works well under flying conditions. Why it would just be for men I have no idea, some people have some odd ideas.

I think it's perfect reasonable to ask for it for food, I wish they did 50ml bottles so I could keep one with me next to my emergency bottle of Tabsaco and sachet of celery salt.

navylad Jan 5, 2017 3:33 am

1 Attachment(s)
unfortunately, the 150ml smallest bottle is too large for security, still you could decant it from this...

Attachment 24406

Tiffywren Jan 5, 2017 4:49 am

Originally Posted by navylad (Post 27705257)

Always good drills to have a scran-repair kit to hand!

r00ty Jan 5, 2017 7:08 am

Originally Posted by destere (Post 27705044)

Correct title: "BA CC: Worcestershire saucy!"

navylad Jan 5, 2017 7:11 am

indeed, only heathens would shorten the name to Worcester Sauce.