Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2017 thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
No idea what zig-zag placeholders are
i wonder if the poster is referring to Tensa barriers?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
If you are going to be called first to board then I really have no issue with you standing by the gate ready to board if you wish to do so. Obviously don't stand there if you don't have priority.

Often there is a small priority queue that forms before boarding is called and invariably some twat tries to push to the front when boarding is actually called. Had this a couple of weeks ago in IBZ - called the guy out on it and he just said "business class" and smirked. Was amused to see the gate agents checking his wheelie for being oversized as many other people boarded past him. Karma?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:35 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
i wonder if the poster is referring to tense barriers?
I wonder if the Tensa barriers are tense because people are loitering with intent lol
Old Sep 7, 2017, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
I wonder if the Tensa barriers are tense because people are loitering with intent lol
Bloody autocorrect
itsmeitisss likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Pax don't tend to loiter within tents unless Heathrow have had to open them on top of the car parks when the terminals get full... that's usually a tense Tensa situation though...
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Sorry, my slightly obscure "zig zag" reference was looking back to post #950 above !

Apologies for any confusion (caused by zigging and zagging)

Last edited by Fitch; Sep 7, 2017 at 2:17 pm Reason: Putting people straight ;)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Fitch
Apologies for any confusion (caused by zigging and zagging)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Although I have always been a sitting down non-queue person, I do detest this term "gate lice".

I assume "gate lice" are all the entitled Gold card folk who think BA should be run for them personally, even though their employer is paying for their J ticket??
AlanA, sl1ppy and MichaelBaku like this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL
What about the Gold and GGL folks who pay for their own tickets? Are they more entitled then...?
IFE Wizard, aks120, T8191 and 7 others like this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Cassie55
I have a friend with a PhD. She is actually a rocket scientist and worked at CERN.

She was asked if she could assist during a medical emergency on a flight. When she said she wasn't that sort of Dr, they didn't seem to believe her.
I also have a "Dr" prefix. I have never been asked to help in an emergency. However, I have often been asked what field of medicine I am in. My standard response: "I nurse sick computers". That always gets a littl laugh.
FlightDetective, m3red and Calchas like this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Skyline
and not related to the late Brian Hanrahan either -
Maybe he's related to Peter:
cammyloon likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:47 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Skyline
and not related to the late Brian Hanrahan either -
What about Peter O'Hanrahanraham?

Damn, beaten to it. I'll add some videos:
cammyloon likes this.

Last edited by Smid; Sep 8, 2017 at 1:53 am
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
What about the Gold and GGL folks who pay for their own tickets? Are they more entitled then...?
Originally Posted by KARFA
Welcome to FT. Looks like you really have found your home already picking this thread. Generally it's where posters report other people's DYKWIA behaviour but no problem for self reporting if you want to make some confessions
In short, yes, Monkey. I like spotting who is paying for their tickets (whether it be by loyalty to BA or in cash) and who is a Tesco flyer. Everyone is more entitled that the flying netmums posse.

We should make sure to be ahead of the flying Tescoers who have 'clubcard accepted' playing in their minds 24/7. They present Clubcards instead of boarding passes - it's muscle memory. They buy something at the BoB and stare at the crew blankly until they realise they won't hear "all of your Tesco points add up." I was on a flight with one of them earlier this summer. Overhead space was at a premium as always and upon finding there was no room for her bag she stood there, stone faced, loudly proclaiming "unexpected item in the bagging area" 50 times. It took my good will to have my bag checked into the hold to prevent a full-blown nervous breakdown. Forget 'To Fly. To Serve' it's 'To shop. To fly' with this lot.

Why can't Tesco have Tesco Airways for them? They can use some of their accounting tricks and offer more than EK at Ryanair prices whilst still making a huge profit.
Greenpen likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VFC Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, DYKWIA
Originally Posted by smid
Peter, YOU'VE LOST THE NEWS
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
There is nothing wrong with boosting the BA-earned Avios balance by converting Tesco Clubcard points! I know there has been a thread somewhere that has sent BA FlyerTalkers rushing off to Tesco to buy printer cartridges when there are extra Clubcard points on offer!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.