Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2017 thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:44 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I flew NCE-LHR earlier today, and we boarded by bus.

While waiting to walk up the steps to the aircraft, a little girl (she may have been 5), said to her Dad "Daddy, why is your luggage silver, but that mans is gold" - evidently pointing at the tags on my handbaggage.

I turned around, just in time for the Dad to say "because he doesn't read as many bedtime stories to his little girl as me".

It made me smile.

M
Nice story, however, to 'the silver dad'...
" I travel everywhere with my boys, so I still get to read them bedtime stories every night while away"
Frequent flyer 101 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
At YUL this evening, having arrived far too early for the 21:35 departure back to LHR. Check in was due to open 3 hours before, so there were a few people hanging around near the desks when I wandered up about 18:15. Chap arrives with his wife, clearly aggrieved that the desk is not open. Walks directly to the front of the line (to the embarrassment of his wife, who asks why they can't wait in line like everyone else). The person at the front of the line clearly has a sense of humour, as he says careful now, we don't want a divorce...

Chap clearly doesn't like waiting and ducks under the barriers to go to the desk, spends quite some time haggling with the member of staff (his wife is trying to blend into the queue at this point). No idea why he was surprised that check in wasn't open 3.5 hours before departure when there is only 1 BA flight a day, but suffice to say his wife did not look impressed...
Old Sep 7, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: Eurostar CB, HH D, IHG Spire, Easyjet Fight Club, Ryanair...oh, wait.
In case I'm ever in a situation where I need to let people know exactly who I am, I've had this made for myself
Attached Images  
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Silver
Flying back from Athens on 4th September, a woman came tearing up behind us in the priority line quite literally screaming at the check-in staff that the wait was unacceptable. Some connecting passengers in front had a visa issue but to put it in context, this woman was several people behind us and at this point we had been waiting just under 15 minutes (departure wasn't for another 2hr 5m).

Some absolutely classic lines were screeched such as "You call this priority?! I've seen grass grow more quickly!" and "BA is no better than Ryanair, none of us should even be here!"

We were in the second row of CE on the 767 and when she passed me I saw she was in row 19 in ET and she was a Bronze. Regardless of this I've never before seen such aggressive and uncalled for behavior in all my travels.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Bobbie2013
We were in the second row of CE on the 767 and when she passed me I saw she was in row 19 in ET and she was a Bronze. Regardless of this I've never before seen such aggressive and uncalled for behavior in all my travels.
That dirty brown card must cause more trouble than it's worth for BA
Old Sep 7, 2017, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bronzes get access to a priority check in queue now?

No wonder the non-priority line looks faster
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:02 am
Suspended

I'm on her side! Blue or Premier it does not matter. If there's going to be a priority queue it needs to operate as one. Travellers with visa issues can go in the non-priority queue and slow all those down.

Also, this is BA. BA's idea of priority is priority for everyone except non-status travellers travelling in economy. Whoever thought that was a good idea is a moron quite frankly. Priority needs to be exclusive to make it work properly
GentleGiant likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by bhbloke
That dirty brown card must cause more trouble than it's worth for BA
Comments like that should be in the dykwia thread.........oh hang on 😉
antichef likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Dean_West
I'm on her side! Blue or Premier it does not matter. If there's going to be a priority queue it needs to operate as one. Travellers with visa issues can go in the non-priority queue and slow all those down.

Also, this is BA. BA's idea of priority is priority for everyone except non-status travellers travelling in economy. Whoever thought that was a good idea is a moron quite frankly. Priority needs to be exclusive to make it work properly
The passengers with the visa issue were traveling in CE and connecting the next day to a flight in First, so they had every right to be in the priority line.
itsmeitisss and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:08 am
Suspended

The passengers with the visa issue were traveling in CE and connecting the next day to a flight in First, so they had every right to be in the priority line.
I don't care if they met the rules to be entitled to the priority queue. Their doings were selfish. They weren't flying on until the next day yet they still felt the need to slow everyone down. They should have gone in the normal queue where there are more desks open. The priority queue should be kept moving.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I don't care if they met the rules to be entitled to the priority queue. Their doings were selfish. They weren't flying on until the next day yet they still felt the need to slow everyone down. They should have gone in the normal queue where there are more desks open. The priority queue should be kept moving.
Exactly. Can you imagine such people getting in your way? don't they know who you are?

EDIT: btw I see this is only your second post so welcome to FT. Looks like you really have found your home already picking this thread. Generally it's where posters report other people's DYKWIA behaviour but no problem for self reporting if you want to make some confessions
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:15 am

It isn't hard to see who the DYKWIA is here.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:15 am

I don't care if they met the rules to be entitled to the priority queue.
Well in that case why should anyone else care about how long you have to wait in line either?
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:28 am
Suspended

Well in that case why should anyone else care about how long you have to wait in line either?
There's a choice:

Option 1: delay the priority queue and everyone in it.

Option 2: keep the priority queue moving and put the slow people in the normal queue that has more desks open to deal with everything. One clogged up desk in the priority queue is going to slow things down more than one clogged up desk in the normal queue.

Option 3: have a dedicated queue and desk for problem solving to keep both queues moving.

At the absence of option 3 I pick option 2.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Just barge other people out of the way?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.