Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
** AA Domestic First on two cabin will earn business TPs and avios for departures on or after 11 January 2017 - see reference posts for more details **

** Note that the practice of AA Domestic 3-class service flights booking into A for 210 TPs when I was no longer available ceased in September 2017. Discussion here. **

Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2016 Tier Point thread. We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares
  • from AMS/RTM to US ILN4T7S6/INX6T7S6 reported in this post and this post, e.g. NYC - 1,461, ORD - 1,492, LAS - 1,460, needs to be booked by 25 September, see linked post for details
  • from PRG to US ILN4T8S6 reported in this post, e.g. IAD - 1,033, MIA - 1,133, ATL - 1,080, needs to be booked by 21 September, see linked post for details

Advanced Promotion Fares
  • from DUB to US ILN8C1S6 reported here, e.g. NYC - 1,472, MIA - 1,578, see linked post for details
  • froM DUB to US ILN8S4C1 reported here, e.g. JFK - 1,427, MIA - 1,532, LAS - 1,667, LAX - 1,795, HNL - 2,095, this is an advanced purchase fare so no book by deadline, see linked post for details
  • from OTP to PHX ILN8R4C1 reported here, e.g. PHX - 1,252, see linked post for details
  • from AMS to BKK INCEU60 reported here, e.g. BKK - 1,216, see linked post for details

See here in post # 8 for a 2017 archive of exEU sale fare, and see here in post # 445 for a 2016 archive of exEU sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under 3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

24APR 0.90/TP 400 440 TLL-BA/AY-HEL-LON-GLA-KOI-ABZ ; TLL-BA/AY-HEL-LON-GLA-SDZ-ABZ (see post #1221)
02NOV 1.33/TP 583 440 LHR-HEL-TLL/TLL-HEL-LHR-NCL//NCL-LHR-HEL-TLL/TLL-HEL-LHR IIIIIIIIII Google Flights armouredant 2 nested tickets, both other a Saturday night. BA ticket, BA & AY metal, AY A350 possible LHR-HEL
08FEB 1.33/TP 346 260 JER-LGW-RAK-LGW-RAK I/I/I/I BA.com ramops
14AUG 1.65/TP 593 360 OSL-HEL-AGP-HEL-OSL I-I-I-I ITA Flythe96flag SH J cabin + possible red-eye (!) AY
26JUL 1.81/TP 72.70 40 MAD-FRA Z lan.com Prospero 787 flat bed LA
1JAN 1.85/TP 444 240 JER-LGW/LHR-HEL J/I/I/J ITA Matrix flatlander Available most weekends first half of 2016, fare IM0R
23NOV 1.89/TP 377 200 DUB-LHR-MAD-SVQ r/t I-I-I-I-I-I ITA Lorcancoyle IM0B IB DUB to SVQ BA and IB flights (I2 for domestic under IB code), random dates in December available, A340 on some dates (helpfully pointed out by Temps that domestic Spain is only 20 TPs)
24NOV 1.91/TP 765.00 400 BUD-DOH-SHJ I/A/I/A QR.com Wozza2404 A320 QR
11AUG 2.10/TP 420 200 AMS-LHR-GLA-LSI-ABZ-LSI-GLA-LHR-AMS I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I ITA Matrix --> Priceline.com MrMutton
13NOV 2.56/TP 410 160 LHR-HEL ? BA.com Lorcancoyle wide open as flight+hotel, can reduce with TCB cash back BA

From North, Central and South America
26Jan 1.50/TP 960 640 LGA-CMH-DCA-PHL-RDU-CLT-ATL-MIA-PTY and return I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I ITA Matrix--> BookWithMatrix dot com --> AA.com HPN-HRL other routings available; reverse routing is 40 more - see post 388 AA
10MAY 2.50/TP 203 80 ORF-CLT-ORD I/I AA.com
21MAY 2.08/TP 250 120 YYZ-PHL/LGA-CLT-ORF/PHF I/I/I AA.com
22NOV 1.43/TP 172 120 DCA-(LGA/BOS/PHL)-CLT-RDU (one way, reverse works as well) I/I/I ITA->BWM->priceline.com

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia
23Feb 0.99/TP 356 360 TPE-xKUL-PEN(JHB)-xKUL-TPE Z http://www.malaysiaairlines.com ermen two day min stay, promo fare MH
04JAN 1.10/TP 44 40 KUL-PEN D http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en.html fitch Works in both directions, rtn 80 if you can make the timnings work MH
11Nov 0.85/TP 307 360 TPE-KUL-SIN-KUL-TPE Z http://www.malaysiaairlines.com neofung

From Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. The guide to using ITA matrix in post #4 (see here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest. AMS and JER easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seems the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under 300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the first post (here) MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the last BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and first return Sunday for well under 500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports)

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for 520. Also the BA fare for LHR-HEL-TLL at ~235 is still available and would get 200 TPs for a return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historic information
2016 Archive
2015 Archive (6 months Jul to Dec)
2015 Archive (6 months Jan to Jun)
2014 Archive

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes. The AMS-BKK fare INCEU60 is still available and you can use it for travel in 2018 - I happened to be pricing something up earlier today under it for August 2018. There are some more details on the fare in the post linked to in the wiki.
You are busy in August 2018
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teledude
You are busy in August 2018
It's just a possible alternative for that bank holiday weekend. Haven't decided whether to go east or west yet!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC
again this is still wrong. In my example I stopped over in KUL for three days before going on to BKK so stopping over in KUL/SIN before getting to BKK is fine.

EDIT: just for illustrations here was my itinerary, stopover inKUL on outbound, 2 hrs in BKK passing through on inbound, and routing via HKG (not stopping over) on inbound. All booked on the AMS-BKK INCEU60 fare:

BA428 29 Aug 2017 06:40 LHR AMS
BA32 28 Aug 2017 23:10 HKG LHR
CX754 28 Aug 2017 12:40 BKK HKG
MH784 28 Aug 2017 09:05 KUL BKK
BA33 24 Aug 2017 20:15 LHR KUL
BA439 24 Aug 2017 16:20 AMS LHR
Tried to read the fare rules but I am struggling to get my head around them. Does anybody know if it would be possible on this AMS-BKK INCEU60 fare to stop over in HKG for a couple of days on the return leg?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ttay
Tried to read the fare rules but I am struggling to get my head around them. Does anybody know if it would be possible on this AMS-BKK INCEU60 fare to stop over in HKG for a couple of days on the return leg?
Yes that's fine. I have done that too. You can stop off in HKG/SIN/KUL on the way to BKK and/or on the way back if you wish. Every stopover is an extra EUR100 so it will cost but it isn't too expensive.

What specifically are you looking at doing?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:32 am

I believe this gets me gold

I am looking at booking a vacation flying as follows
YYZ to JFK
JFK to LAX
LAX to HNL
and return.
I do not think that gets me gold so was going to add later in the year
YYZ to JFK
JFK to LAS
and return
I believe that gets me to gold status, can anyone confirm?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by karcer
I am looking at booking a vacation flying as follows
YYZ to JFK
JFK to LAX
LAX to HNL
and return.
I do not think that gets me gold so was going to add later in the year
YYZ to JFK
JFK to LAS
and return
I believe that gets me to gold status, can anyone confirm?
No it wont if you are starting from scratch. You need 4 sectors on BA which none of the above will be. If all the sectors above are in First then you would have got 1500 TP in the past, but you will now only get 210TP on the JFK-LAX legs where there is a three class aircraft; the LAX-HNL and JFK-LAS will only earn 140TP each way now. I think the above would get you 1140TP.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Yes that's fine. I have done that too. You can stop off in HKG/SIN/KUL on the way to BKK and/or on the way back if you wish. Every stopover is an extra EUR100 so it will cost but it isn't too expensive.

What specifically are you looking at doing?
Thanks, that's very helpful. This would be in March time. Looking to get a couple of days in BKK and at least 2 nights in HK. A night or two in SIN and/or KUL would be great as well (I just want to visit as many places as possible and haven't got any real time constraints).
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by ttay
Thanks, that's very helpful. This would be in March time. Looking to get a couple of days in BKK and at least 2 nights in HK. A night or two in SIN and/or KUL would be great as well (I just want to visit as many places as possible and haven't got any real time constraints).
It is a great fare!

First week in Feb i am doing

AMS - LHR - HKG on the A380 with 2 nights in HK
AMS - BKK on a CX 350 with 7 nights
AMS - SIN on a CX 350 with 1 night in SIN
SIN - LHR - AMS on an A380

For 1450, with 40k Avios and 460 TPs

Think you might struggle to get KUL, SIN, HKG & BKK on the same ticket but flights from BKK are readily available
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by teledude
Right I have now signed myself up for 72 hours of punishment.

Ticket 1 - BA CE LHR-FRA rtn (positioning)
Ticket 2 - QR/UL J FRA-DOH-CMB-CGK rtn
Ticket 3 - UL J CGK-CMB-DXB
Ticket 4 - UL J DXB-CMB-CGK

Yes its risky - but hey should be an adventure
1480TP @ 1.58/TP
Absolute corker that - like the fact it can be done in 72 hours
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by our_kid
Absolute corker that - like the fact it can be done in 72 hours
Can I ask what price? ?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by CaroFos
Can I ask what price? ?
At a guess, 2338.40
noniron and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat

How would one go about booking this? I have tried clicking through from bookwithmatrix and it doesn't work and multi city on Sri Lankan website throws up a far larger figure. Any ideas? Thanks
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95

How would one go about booking this? I have tried clicking through from bookwithmatrix and it doesn't work and multi city on Sri Lankan website throws up a far larger figure. Any ideas? Thanks
I managed similar itinerary on sri lankan website (are you sure you are not looking at quoted EURO figure on UL website?) alternatively a highstreet TA should get it for the same amount.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by ESFLYER95

I booked a similar trip (but MUC to MLE via DOH and CMB) over the phone with Sri Lankan. It was possible, but it took a loooooong time, including multiple phone calls to sort out the duplicate credit card transaction, the failure to confirm the reservation because they didn't recognise that they had had any money (despite my bank confirming they had). As a last resort they can do it, but have a look at Expedia etc, or see if you can get it through Google Flights.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by bisonrav
At a guess, 2338.40
Close yes....avios was used heavily to discount the LHR-FRA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.