Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
** AA Domestic First on two cabin will earn business TPs and avios for departures on or after 11 January 2017 - see reference posts for more details **

** Note that the practice of AA Domestic 3-class service flights booking into A for 210 TPs when I was no longer available ceased in September 2017. Discussion here. **

Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2016 Tier Point thread. We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares
  • from AMS/RTM to US ILN4T7S6/INX6T7S6 reported in this post and this post, e.g. NYC - €1,461, ORD - €1,492, LAS - €1,460, needs to be booked by 25 September, see linked post for details
  • from PRG to US ILN4T8S6 reported in this post, e.g. IAD - Ł1,033, MIA - Ł1,133, ATL - Ł1,080, needs to be booked by 21 September, see linked post for details

Advanced Promotion Fares
  • from DUB to US ILN8C1S6 reported here, e.g. NYC - €1,472, MIA - €1,578, see linked post for details
  • froM DUB to US ILN8S4C1 reported here, e.g. JFK - €1,427, MIA - €1,532, LAS - €1,667, LAX - €1,795, HNL - €2,095, this is an advanced purchase fare so no book by deadline, see linked post for details
  • from OTP to PHX ILN8R4C1 reported here, e.g. PHX - Ł1,252, see linked post for details
  • from AMS to BKK INCEU60 reported here, e.g. BKK - Ł1,216, see linked post for details

See here in post # 8 for a 2017 archive of exEU sale fare, and see here in post # 445 for a 2016 archive of exEU sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under Ł3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

24APR Ł0.90/TP Ł400 440 TLL-BA/AY-HEL-LON-GLA-KOI-ABZ ; TLL-BA/AY-HEL-LON-GLA-SDZ-ABZ (see post #1221)
02NOV Ł1.33/TP Ł583 440 LHR-HEL-TLL/TLL-HEL-LHR-NCL//NCL-LHR-HEL-TLL/TLL-HEL-LHR IIIIIIIIII Google Flights armouredant 2 nested tickets, both other a Saturday night. BA ticket, BA & AY metal, AY A350 possible LHR-HEL
08FEB Ł1.33/TP Ł346 260 JER-LGW-RAK-LGW-RAK I/I/I/I BA.com ramops
14AUG Ł1.65/TP Ł593 360 OSL-HEL-AGP-HEL-OSL I-I-I-I ITA Flythe96flag SH J cabin + possible red-eye (!) AY
26JUL Ł1.81/TP Ł72.70 40 MAD-FRA Z lan.com Prospero 787 flat bed LA
1JAN Ł1.85/TP Ł444 240 JER-LGW/LHR-HEL J/I/I/J ITA Matrix flatlander Available most weekends first half of 2016, fare IM0R
23NOV Ł1.89/TP Ł377 200 DUB-LHR-MAD-SVQ r/t I-I-I-I-I-I ITA Lorcancoyle IM0B IB DUB to SVQ BA and IB flights (I2 for domestic under IB code), random dates in December available, A340 on some dates (helpfully pointed out by Temps that domestic Spain is only 20 TPs)
24NOV Ł1.91/TP Ł765.00 400 BUD-DOH-SHJ I/A/I/A QR.com Wozza2404 A320 QR
11AUG Ł2.10/TP Ł420 200 AMS-LHR-GLA-LSI-ABZ-LSI-GLA-LHR-AMS I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I ITA Matrix --> Priceline.com MrMutton
13NOV Ł2.56/TP Ł410 160 LHR-HEL ? BA.com Lorcancoyle wide open as flight+hotel, can reduce with TCB cash back BA

From North, Central and South America
26Jan Ł1.50/TP Ł960 640 LGA-CMH-DCA-PHL-RDU-CLT-ATL-MIA-PTY and return I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I ITA Matrix--> BookWithMatrix dot com --> AA.com HPN-HRL other routings available; reverse routing is Ł40 more - see post 388 AA
10MAY Ł2.50/TP Ł203 80 ORF-CLT-ORD I/I AA.com
21MAY Ł2.08/TP Ł250 120 YYZ-PHL/LGA-CLT-ORF/PHF I/I/I AA.com
22NOV Ł1.43/TP Ł172 120 DCA-(LGA/BOS/PHL)-CLT-RDU (one way, reverse works as well) I/I/I ITA->BWM->priceline.com

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia
23Feb Ł0.99/TP Ł356 360 TPE-xKUL-PEN(JHB)-xKUL-TPE Z http://www.malaysiaairlines.com ermen two day min stay, promo fare MH
04JAN Ł1.10/TP Ł44 40 KUL-PEN D http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en.html fitch Works in both directions, rtn Ł80 if you can make the timnings work MH
11Nov Ł0.85/TP Ł307 360 TPE-KUL-SIN-KUL-TPE Z http://www.malaysiaairlines.com neofung

From Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. The guide to using ITA matrix in post #4 (see here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest. AMS and JER easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seems the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under Ł300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the first post (here) MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the last BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and first return Sunday for well under Ł500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports)

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for Ł520. Also the BA fare for LHR-HEL-TLL at ~Ł235 is still available and would get 200 TPs for a return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historic information
2016 Archive
2015 Archive (6 months Jul to Dec)
2015 Archive (6 months Jan to Jun)
2014 Archive

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
You're probably better getting the 4 BA segments when you get back to the UK.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:22 pm

There's a bunch of BAEC members based in Hong Kong after the Cathay Marco Polo devaluation. The KUL-HKG flight is no longer available on BA codeshare. The only option in Asia is the SIN-SYD flight. There were some 5th freedom routes in the Middle East but I think they are gone too (this bit I'm not 100% but my previous research was not successful).

If you want to shoot for Gold, consider the MH DEL-PER fare over the Prem Fares forum.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:11 pm

West coast tier point run

Hi All
Im new to the site. I'm looking to head to Vegas in september and am looking to maximise my trip through a tier point run to up my tier points
I'm based in the U.K. But happy to fly out of any Europe to maximise tier point run. I saw the ex DUB post yet I can't seem to get it to price up
happy to fly end destination LAX rather than Vegas if that's required. Dates are between 29th Aug - 7 Sept for 5/6 nights. Many thanks in advance for your help
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by CX_newbie
There's a bunch of BAEC members based in Hong Kong after the Cathay Marco Polo devaluation. The KUL-HKG flight is no longer available on BA codeshare. The only option in Asia is the SIN-SYD flight. There were some 5th freedom routes in the Middle East but I think they are gone too (this bit I'm not 100% but my previous research was not successful).

If you want to shoot for Gold, consider the MH DEL-PER fare over the Prem Fares forum.
Thanks for the info. I don't think I'm ready for Gold yet. Not enough cash to go for that. I think I will wait to get back to the UK.

I will update you all when I have booked my flights on a final price.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Annie10
Hi All
Im new to the site. I'm looking to head to Vegas in september and am looking to maximise my trip through a tier point run to up my tier points
I'm based in the U.K. But happy to fly out of any Europe to maximise tier point run. I saw the ex DUB post yet I can't seem to get it to price up
happy to fly end destination LAX rather than Vegas if that's required. Dates are between 29th Aug - 7 Sept for 5/6 nights. Many thanks in advance for your help
The post you refer to includes the dates for which the fare is valid:
Permitted
19 March through 12 April or
25 June through 22 August or
23 November through 30 November or
18 December through 04 January
for each transatlantic sector
Your travel plans appear to be outside these dates.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:53 am

Misco60 many thanks for taking the time to get back to me.
I suspected that may be the case. Thanks.

If anyone knows of any other runs it's possible to do please let me know
Many thanks
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Annie10
Misco60 many thanks for taking the time to get back to me.
I suspected that may be the case. Thanks.
If anyone knows of any other runs it's possible to do please let me know
Many thanks
Hang around, it's amazing the deals you can get with the help from others here. But one thing I've learnt is when you see what you want grab it, don't wait. Often when the fare rules say available until xx it's withdrawn prior to that, presumably as a result of having sold what they wanted to.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
So, I'm in a bit of a predicament. Due to unfortunate personal circumstances, I wasn't able to book my customary TP run over the summer - I was looking at DUB-LHR-JFK-LAX and back, and all the dates in August I had set aside are now showing considerable price increases.

I'm hoping that in a couple of weeks I will be able to book something - I need 600 TPs so a sinple run to NYC won't do it. I've looked at other starting points rather than ex-DUB but haven't been able to get a price below Ł2k as yet. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer the US segment to be to LAX simply because of the flat beds on the A321, but if push comes to shove I'd go to PHX instead if the TPs are the same and the price is better. I've looked at so many options without success, can anyone suggest anything that may help me out?

The other option is to wait until November and do a run during the Thanksgiving week when prices are down again, but I'd really prefer to do it earlier if possible. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Not sure if someone mentioned it: MAD-LHR-DXB or MAD-LHR-AUH or combination of both in premium economy (long flights) for Ł315 at Iberia website. 200TP on wide body aircrafts if you choose right planes.

I needed 200TP so bought myself weekend in Dubai.

Actually it's already on FT since Wednesday: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...auh-350-a.html

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Jul 27, 2017 at 3:08 pm
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by CX_newbie

What a shame they removed that.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:26 am

Dougzz thanks for your reply. Yes I will be sure to hang around and look for any possible run; the deals people find certainly look amazing! Hopefully there will be one that suits me in the future. Thanks
Old Jul 28, 2017, 3:19 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Maledives on QR and UL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...wide-open.html

FRA-DOH-CMB-MLE return will yield (140+140+40) x 2 for €1400.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:54 pm
iwg

Looking for some help - i usually fly enough to retain silver status but this year I've been working mostly in the U.K. so I'm looking for a quick trip / weekend away / tier point run before the end of September to make up 580 tier points (and one more BA flight).

I've done a TP run once before with help from this forum but I'm still a relative novice. I'm based in London but happy to go ex-EU.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:10 pm

i have 610tier points, but zero BA flights. I need to make 4 BA flights in the next 3-4 months. Whats the cheapest way of getting this done?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by rads60
i have 610tier points, but zero BA flights. I need to make 4 BA flights in the next 3-4 months. Whats the cheapest way of getting this done?
if you're in London then cheapest return fare available (use low fare finder on BA website), twice. If elsewhere fly to London...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.