Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: EsherFlyer
** AA Domestic First on two cabin will earn business TPs and avios for departures on or after 11 January 2017 - see reference posts for more details **

** Note that the practice of AA Domestic 3-class service flights booking into A for 210 TPs when I was no longer available ceased in September 2017. Discussion here. **

Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2016 Tier Point thread. We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares
  • from AMS/RTM to US ILN4T7S6/INX6T7S6 reported in this post and this post, e.g. NYC - 1,461, ORD - 1,492, LAS - 1,460, needs to be booked by 25 September, see linked post for details
  • from PRG to US ILN4T8S6 reported in this post, e.g. IAD - 1,033, MIA - 1,133, ATL - 1,080, needs to be booked by 21 September, see linked post for details

Advanced Promotion Fares
  • from DUB to US ILN8C1S6 reported here, e.g. NYC - 1,472, MIA - 1,578, see linked post for details
  • froM DUB to US ILN8S4C1 reported here, e.g. JFK - 1,427, MIA - 1,532, LAS - 1,667, LAX - 1,795, HNL - 2,095, this is an advanced purchase fare so no book by deadline, see linked post for details
  • from OTP to PHX ILN8R4C1 reported here, e.g. PHX - 1,252, see linked post for details
  • from AMS to BKK INCEU60 reported here, e.g. BKK - 1,216, see linked post for details

See here in post # 8 for a 2017 archive of exEU sale fare, and see here in post # 445 for a 2016 archive of exEU sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under 3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

24APR 0.90/TP 400 440 TLL-BA/AY-HEL-LON-GLA-KOI-ABZ ; TLL-BA/AY-HEL-LON-GLA-SDZ-ABZ (see post #1221)
02NOV 1.33/TP 583 440 LHR-HEL-TLL/TLL-HEL-LHR-NCL//NCL-LHR-HEL-TLL/TLL-HEL-LHR IIIIIIIIII Google Flights armouredant 2 nested tickets, both other a Saturday night. BA ticket, BA & AY metal, AY A350 possible LHR-HEL
08FEB 1.33/TP 346 260 JER-LGW-RAK-LGW-RAK I/I/I/I BA.com ramops
14AUG 1.65/TP 593 360 OSL-HEL-AGP-HEL-OSL I-I-I-I ITA Flythe96flag SH J cabin + possible red-eye (!) AY
26JUL 1.81/TP 72.70 40 MAD-FRA Z lan.com Prospero 787 flat bed LA
1JAN 1.85/TP 444 240 JER-LGW/LHR-HEL J/I/I/J ITA Matrix flatlander Available most weekends first half of 2016, fare IM0R
23NOV 1.89/TP 377 200 DUB-LHR-MAD-SVQ r/t I-I-I-I-I-I ITA Lorcancoyle IM0B IB DUB to SVQ BA and IB flights (I2 for domestic under IB code), random dates in December available, A340 on some dates (helpfully pointed out by Temps that domestic Spain is only 20 TPs)
24NOV 1.91/TP 765.00 400 BUD-DOH-SHJ I/A/I/A QR.com Wozza2404 A320 QR
11AUG 2.10/TP 420 200 AMS-LHR-GLA-LSI-ABZ-LSI-GLA-LHR-AMS I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I ITA Matrix --> Priceline.com MrMutton
13NOV 2.56/TP 410 160 LHR-HEL ? BA.com Lorcancoyle wide open as flight+hotel, can reduce with TCB cash back BA

From North, Central and South America
26Jan 1.50/TP 960 640 LGA-CMH-DCA-PHL-RDU-CLT-ATL-MIA-PTY and return I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I/I ITA Matrix--> BookWithMatrix dot com --> AA.com HPN-HRL other routings available; reverse routing is 40 more - see post 388 AA
10MAY 2.50/TP 203 80 ORF-CLT-ORD I/I AA.com
21MAY 2.08/TP 250 120 YYZ-PHL/LGA-CLT-ORF/PHF I/I/I AA.com
22NOV 1.43/TP 172 120 DCA-(LGA/BOS/PHL)-CLT-RDU (one way, reverse works as well) I/I/I ITA->BWM->priceline.com

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia
23Feb 0.99/TP 356 360 TPE-xKUL-PEN(JHB)-xKUL-TPE Z http://www.malaysiaairlines.com ermen two day min stay, promo fare MH
04JAN 1.10/TP 44 40 KUL-PEN D http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/uk/en.html fitch Works in both directions, rtn 80 if you can make the timnings work MH
11Nov 0.85/TP 307 360 TPE-KUL-SIN-KUL-TPE Z http://www.malaysiaairlines.com neofung

From Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. The guide to using ITA matrix in post #4 (see here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest. AMS and JER easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seems the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under 300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the first post (here) MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the last BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and first return Sunday for well under 500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports)

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for 520. Also the BA fare for LHR-HEL-TLL at ~235 is still available and would get 200 TPs for a return.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Historic information
2016 Archive
2015 Archive (6 months Jul to Dec)
2015 Archive (6 months Jan to Jun)
2014 Archive

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2017 master thread

Old May 16, 2017, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
@rossmacd have you pulled the trigger on one (or several) of those? I am unfortunately not able to book just now.
Old May 16, 2017, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by florens
@rossmacd have you pulled the trigger on one (or several) of those? I am unfortunately not able to book just now.
I've pulled the trigger on 3 bookings now, but only basic ZRH-JFK-SFO/LAX journeys, as I do not need the TPs.

I seem to enjoy interrogating the schedules to maximise the benefit for others, however

Happy to assist anyone to create an ex-CH run if required.
Old May 16, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold; MB Ti; HH Diamond; IHG Plat; RR Gold
Nice find rossmacd, KARFA.

Was looking at something for a friend to join us on a MAN-SAT run (connecting to SEA) in Sept; this looks better on both and TP! Shame it wasn't available when we booked in March
Old May 16, 2017, 4:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
ZRH fare

We've been looking for a Sept fare to the west coast for some while and this fits the bill perfectly. Doing ZRH-JFK-SFO// LAX-DFW-MAD-ZRH so will especially enjoy the transcon on the 321 and the 787 from Dallas - first time on this.

This is a holiday not a TP run and replaces a booking using valuable AA miles.

Thanks and well done for spotting this ^
Old May 16, 2017, 4:41 am

Programs: BA, IB, DC, Amex PP, Motel 6, Waffle House, Cracker Barrel
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I've pulled the trigger on 3 bookings now, but only basic ZRH-JFK-SFO/LAX journeys, as I do not need the TPs.

I seem to enjoy interrogating the schedules to maximise the benefit for others, however

Happy to assist anyone to create an ex-CH run if required.
I don't know if I've missed it, but how far out are these valid ? Thanks
Old May 16, 2017, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Seems to be for whole AA booking calendar (330 days ?) and plenty of availability
Old May 16, 2017, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Seems to be for whole AA booking calendar (330 days ?) and plenty of availability
Thanks ! I'm hoping it runs for a couple of weeks more to get me into my 2018 window ....
Old May 16, 2017, 4:50 am

Plenty of availability generally, but seems to be some oddities when you add ZRH-MAD/MAD-GVA on IB into the mix. I'm not sure what it is, but seems like there are some changes of fare bucket availability going on (I'm not sure why - its just what I'm seeing).
Old May 16, 2017, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Although KARFA brilliantly listed the conditions, I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum stay was restricted before the book by date? Seems too good to be true in it's current format. I'm also hoping to book when later April opens up
Old May 16, 2017, 5:20 am

Although KARFA brilliantly listed the conditions, I wouldn't be surprised if the minimum stay was restricted before the book by date? Seems too good to be true in it's current format. I'm also hoping to book when later April opens up
Hopefully it might follow the lead of the MAN-SAT/OKC/LIT which I'm in on and which has been refilled a couple of times ....

(the 4 X BA metals needed for Silver can be on lowest I, right ? LBA-LHR-GVA positioning flights & return ? )
Old May 16, 2017, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dewsburyborn
Hopefully it might follow the lead of the MAN-SAT/OKC/LIT which I'm in on and which has been refilled a couple of times ....

(the 4 X BA metals needed for Silver can be on lowest I, right ? LBA-LHR-GVA positioning flights & return ? )
Your four eligible flights can be in discounted O class in ET. As long as they are revenue flights they will count.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
There's already availability on IB right up to the end of April.

This deal could also be used to get you your four eligible flights by being IB ticketed AND operated.
Old May 16, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by premier01
Thanks.was looking at no more than 300 ish.

I would be happy to use LCC to get to a starting point or could potentipotentially start from LON if there are any other ideas?

Only require 180 TP.

Thanks,

Premier01
I've just found MAN-LHR-ORY for 310 but then you would have to find a cheap hotel near the airport. Should be 240 TP's
You'll only need a couple of days extension
https://goo.gl/flights/nW90
EDIT: Orly Superior 3 minutes from airport 40. Free shuttle

Last edited by moneypooraviosrich; May 16, 2017 at 5:39 am
Old May 16, 2017, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich
I've just found MAN-LHR-ORY for 310 but then you would have to find a cheap hotel near the airport. Should be 240 TP's
You'll only need a couple of days extension
https://goo.gl/flights/nW90
Only 160 isn't it 4 x 40?
Old May 16, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by dougzz
Only 160 isn't it 4 x 40?
Darn

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.