Celebs on BA | 2017 edition

Closed Thread

Old Jan 2, 17, 5:04 am
  #1  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: London, UK
Posts: 18,953
Arrow Celebs on BA | 2017 edition



This thread is a continuation of the ever popular Celebs on BA thread.

So which famous face did you encounter on BA today?
Prospero is offline  
Old Jan 3, 17, 12:01 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,002
Mark Austin (of ITV News fame) in GF yesterday lunchtime.
rossmacd is offline  
Old Jan 3, 17, 3:32 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London, Strathaven
Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Posts: 1,444
Sir Derek Jacobi in Glasgow lounge yesterday flying to Heathrow
tuff is offline  
Old Jan 3, 17, 7:20 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 257
Not sure he counts as a celeb as such, but Harry Kewell was on the BA 116 in CW on 29/12.
Lawro is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 7:16 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Programs: BA GOLD
Posts: 43
Saw Eddie Jordan of F1 fame in the T3 First lounge on New Years day evening. Later saw him boarding the BA43 to Cape Town, I didn't however see him in the F cabin, perhaps he was upstairs
lotusodc1 is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 7:35 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Programs: BA Brown
Posts: 352
Originally Posted by Lawro View Post
Not sure he counts as a celeb as such, but Harry Kewell was on the BA 116 in CW on 29/12.
I thought "Lawro" would defiantly class him as a celebrity!!!!!!
Fatpenguin is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 7:40 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR/ATH
Posts: 2,432
Originally Posted by lotusodc1 View Post
Saw Eddie Jordan of F1 fame in the T3 First lounge on New Years day evening. Later saw him boarding the BA43 to Cape Town, I didn't however see him in the F cabin, perhaps he was upstairs
Doesn't he work for the BBC Top Gear? I doubt they would pay for him to fly First = )
ahmetdouas is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 8:37 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Programs: BA GOLD
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas View Post
Doesn't he work for the BBC Top Gear? I doubt they would pay for him to fly First = )
Well I guess anything is possible with the BBC. He was travelling alone.

Speaking with some South African friends apparently he is out here quite often for various reasons, and has a house somewhere in Cape Town
lotusodc1 is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 9:12 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA
Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Posts: 6,965
Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag on BA 269 1/1 upper deck, 2nd CW cabin.
cynicAAl is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 9:27 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Buckinghamshire
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 1,827
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
Mark Austin (of ITV News fame) in GF yesterday lunchtime.
Amazing…a GCH? Most of the BBC news presenters I work with barely have Bronze level cards…if that…!
Dicksbits is online now  
Old Jan 4, 17, 9:37 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,002
Originally Posted by Dicksbits View Post
Amazing…a GCH? Most of the BBC news presenters I work with barely have Bronze level cards…if that…!
No idea - I guess he (or one/some of his party) must have been!
rossmacd is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 10:08 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by Fatpenguin View Post
I thought "Lawro" would defiantly class him as a celebrity!!!!!!
"He" does!! Just wasn't sure how that definition would go down on here....seemed a nice chap though.

Obviously doesn't spend much time on here though as he was in the 'dormitory' with his family-no mini-cabin for him.
Lawro is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 10:40 am
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, NY
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Posts: 18,071
Originally Posted by Dicksbits View Post
Amazing…a GCH? Most of the BBC news presenters I work with barely have Bronze level cards…if that…!
When I was flying between LHR and IAD every few months I'd often see BBC and ITV correspondents in the lounge or in CW. I don't recall seeing any in F but that could be just not noticing it.
Fraser is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 10:50 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 1,447
I realise this is going to start an epic war, but Casey Neistat on CPT-LHR in his latest video:
.
Virazuno is offline  
Old Jan 4, 17, 1:31 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 862
Originally Posted by Lawro View Post
"He" does!! Just wasn't sure how that definition would go down on here....seemed a nice chap though.

Obviously doesn't spend much time on here though as he was in the 'dormitory' with his family-no mini-cabin for him.
Isn't his wife a celeb in her own right? Ex soap actress from memory (although I guess he could have changed wives, since I last peeked at the Daily Mail )
bhbloke is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread