FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Celebs on BA | 2017 edition (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1812261-celebs-ba-2017-edition.html)

Prospero Jan 2, 17 5:04 am

Celebs on BA | 2017 edition

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-D...9/2014.010.jpg

This thread is a continuation of the ever popular Celebs on BA thread.

So which famous face did you encounter on BA today?

rossmacd Jan 3, 17 12:01 am

Mark Austin (of ITV News fame) in GF yesterday lunchtime.

tuff Jan 3, 17 3:32 am

Sir Derek Jacobi in Glasgow lounge yesterday flying to Heathrow

Lawro Jan 3, 17 7:20 am

Not sure he counts as a celeb as such, but Harry Kewell was on the BA 116 in CW on 29/12.

lotusodc1 Jan 4, 17 7:16 am

Saw Eddie Jordan of F1 fame in the T3 First lounge on New Years day evening. Later saw him boarding the BA43 to Cape Town, I didn't however see him in the F cabin, perhaps he was upstairs :D

Fatpenguin Jan 4, 17 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Lawro (Post 27696993)
Not sure he counts as a celeb as such, but Harry Kewell was on the BA 116 in CW on 29/12.

I thought "Lawro" would defiantly class him as a celebrity!!!!!!:p

ahmetdouas Jan 4, 17 7:40 am

Originally Posted by lotusodc1 (Post 27702628)
Saw Eddie Jordan of F1 fame in the T3 First lounge on New Years day evening. Later saw him boarding the BA43 to Cape Town, I didn't however see him in the F cabin, perhaps he was upstairs :D

Doesn't he work for the BBC Top Gear? I doubt they would pay for him to fly First = )

lotusodc1 Jan 4, 17 8:37 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas (Post 27702754)
Doesn't he work for the BBC Top Gear? I doubt they would pay for him to fly First = )

Well I guess anything is possible with the BBC. He was travelling alone.

Speaking with some South African friends apparently he is out here quite often for various reasons, and has a house somewhere in Cape Town

cynicAAl Jan 4, 17 9:12 am

Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag on BA 269 1/1 upper deck, 2nd CW cabin.

Dicksbits Jan 4, 17 9:27 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 27695825)
Mark Austin (of ITV News fame) in GF yesterday lunchtime.

Amazing…a GCH? Most of the BBC news presenters I work with barely have Bronze level cards…if that…!

rossmacd Jan 4, 17 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits (Post 27703300)
Amazing…a GCH? Most of the BBC news presenters I work with barely have Bronze level cards…if that…!

No idea - I guess he (or one/some of his party) must have been!

Lawro Jan 4, 17 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Fatpenguin (Post 27702724)
I thought "Lawro" would defiantly class him as a celebrity!!!!!!:p

"He" does!! Just wasn't sure how that definition would go down on here....seemed a nice chap though.

Obviously doesn't spend much time on here though as he was in the 'dormitory' with his family-no mini-cabin for him.

Fraser Jan 4, 17 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits (Post 27703300)

When I was flying between LHR and IAD every few months I'd often see BBC and ITV correspondents in the lounge or in CW. I don't recall seeing any in F but that could be just not noticing it.

Virazuno Jan 4, 17 10:50 am

I realise this is going to start an epic war, but Casey Neistat on CPT-LHR in his latest video:

bhbloke Jan 4, 17 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Lawro (Post 27703509)
"He" does!! Just wasn't sure how that definition would go down on here....seemed a nice chap though.

Obviously doesn't spend much time on here though as he was in the 'dormitory' with his family-no mini-cabin for him.

Isn't his wife a celeb in her own right? Ex soap actress from memory (although I guess he could have changed wives, since I last peeked at the Daily Mail ;) )