Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by david55
I thought Boy George died? Ghost?
You'd better let him know!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Dicksbits
Grandson of Sir Winston Churchill, former Tory Minister, and Conservative MP for Mid Sussex since 1983 Nicholas Stoames seen stalking the F Lounge this morning brandishing a large empty coffee mug.
I can imagine Hitler in the chancellery swearing may Churchill be cursed with a stupid grandson
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Is there something going on in Madrid? In Spain right now, but am relatively clueless about whats going on here...
Old Sep 22, 2017, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by Elevate
F1 driver Daniel Ricciardo & a host of different Red Bull team folk in First lounge at T5 on Tuesday night. Guess they were on the A380 BA11 service to Singapore as they weren't on our BA15 773 which left a bit later.
Slumming it in F. No private jet?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Eddie Jordan currently in T5 GF
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
On the theme of F1, a friend has informed me that Stoffel Vandoorne (McLaren) was in T5 3 days ago.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:21 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Sparky_
Eddie Jordan currently in T5 GF
Likely either en route, or inbound, to/from NCE.

M
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:02 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by david55
I thought Boy George died? Ghost?
No, that was Patrick Swayze.
patersoj and bisonrav like this.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
More likely Pete Burns? Or George Michael? Or even Steve Strange if we're being obscure.

Anyway, on the subject of living celebs, the Grand Tour presenters were having breakfast underneath the horse in GF at T5 this morning.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:26 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Cymro
More likely Pete Burns? Or George Michael? Or even Steve Strange if we're being obscure.

Anyway, on the subject of living celebs, the Grand Tour presenters were having breakfast underneath the horse in GF at T5 this morning.
They must have jumped in my grave then, as was there in that position this morning...
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Slumming it in F. No private jet?
Contrary to what may be a popular belief, F1 drivers do not fly everywhere on private jets. And, when they do, it's for flights of shorter distances. Your typical Gulfstream does not have the range of an A380 or similar jumbo, so it's often more practical to slum it, as you put it.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by techie
Contrary to what may be a popular belief, F1 drivers do not fly everywhere on private jets. And, when they do, it's for flights of shorter distances. Your typical Gulfstream does not have the range of an A380 or similar jumbo, so it's often more practical to slum it, as you put it.
There's also a difference between travelling for work, and travelling for pleasure.

When the drivers travel on holiday, a few of them do hire private jets.

However, when travelling to a race, which is their 'work', they'll fly commercially - likely because there is a significantly discounted corporate rate available.

M
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by techie
THe G650 has a nice range on it. But you have to factor in the airports and the mess that creates.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:43 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
deleted

Last edited by ahmetdouas; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:48 am
Old Sep 25, 2017, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
yes I hadnt posted it on here but I saw Lewis Hamilton cruising the duty free in T5 a while back with a mystery blonde. I think he only flies private for short distances (within Europe)
Lewis actually has his own plane, which lives at NCE.

It can reach JFK, from NCE, as well as the Middle East, but his favourite US destination of LA, is too far.

He, and a few other drivers, are residents of my building, and with only 84 apartments, you get to know your neighbours!

M

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.