Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by david55
As a 62 year old US citizen living in Seattle I recognize about 1 in 10 of the Celebs listed on this thread.
I don't watch enough cheap reality TV either.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
As a 62 year old US citizen living in Seattle I recognize about 1 in 10 of the Celebs listed on this thread.
The BA thread has fairly high profile people compared to my random occasional viewings of the equivalent on other fora...

The Lufthansa is great if you're into obscure Bavarian politicians and the AA/UA/DL one if your thing is University sports coaches or lower tier professional athletes.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:41 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
That's because a large majority are not what people of our age would call celebrities who have become famous for their talent but merely no marks who have had the good fortune to have appeared on a reality tv programme

Last edited by PJSMITH0; Sep 16, 2017 at 12:42 pm Reason: Spell check
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Fraser
The BA thread has fairly high profile people compared to my random occasional viewings of the equivalent on other fora...

The Lufthansa is great if you're into obscure Bavarian politicians and the AA/UA/DL one if your thing is University sports coaches or lower tier professional athletes.
So do the Hollywood types only fly transatlantic with BA then?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
That's because a large majority are not what people of our age would call celebrities who have become famous for their talent but merely no marks who have had the good fortune to have appeared on a reality tv programme
Yeah this PewDePie character seems to divide opinion here. People get very convinced here that he's someone - but I'm set in my ways with celebs being more than youtube characters. Eventually I came across him on youtube and realised he was as annoying as expected (judging originally by name ).. though after a while I have to admit he becomes less so and could have been far more annoying, if he had been younger. Not that young folk are all bad. But arrogance in older people seems more acceptable for some reason, obviously within limits. Although people who wear sunglasses constantly ... and shove cameras in people's faces.. don't come across well.

I've seen famous celebs in the lounges before but not known who they were. When the olympics was going on there were many of these 'stars' around. As someone who has negative views of the olympics, their celebrity presence was wasted on me. They then tried to make me notice them on postboxes and their associated articles but it still didn't work.

I've heard of the diving guy doing badly and that was it.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: ASLEF
I'm 30-year-old UK resident and I'm in a similar boat.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Then you should view LH (Lufthansa) similar thread and I am sure that ratio will drop to 0 in 10
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by TrainDriverSparky
I'm 30-year-old UK resident and I'm in a similar boat.
I'm with you chaps on this.
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Sir Jackie Stewart in CCR - lovely chap.
pacenotes, mikeyfly and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Tania Breyer on Friday's BA 146 from Amman in CW
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:01 am

Seriously, I'm a 30-something year old UK resident, and my hit rate of names I recognize may be less than that of David55.

Does it mean the big names don't fly commercial?
TrainDriverSparky likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Liam Fox in T5 Galleries First a couple of weeks ago, connecting from a NRT flight back from the Japan trip.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by jonnye
Sir Jackie Stewart in CCR - lovely chap.
He was at the SIN F1 GP yesterday so probably connecting via LHR this morning on his way back....
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Accor Plat, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Gold, HSBC Premier
Sorry, bit back dated.. Crew of KASABIAN from BA006 NRT -> LHR on 20th, Aug.
They were C and some minor crew on W. I saw them coming to Sakura Lounge at NRT, scaring poor Japanese Business men out lol, and sat 2 row behind me (was 10C).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:10 am

Charles Dance on 10 September T5 South Security, quickly disappeared into the CCR I think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.