Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to spending Avios | 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Dicksbits
So basically you have to commit before you know the selling class. Although I guess expertflyer could be a guide (and vaguely the selling price).
No need to be vague about it. Price the itinerary on ITA (remembering that the ITA base fare quote will now be more than the ba.com quote by £8.00 one-way or £16.00 round-trip). ITA will show you not only the booking class used, but the fare basis codes for each half of the trip.

If you also use ExpertFlyer, you should be able to match the ITA quote to the EF fare ladder (remembering that extra fee that ITA adds on) to confirm the fare bases and booking classes being used.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
[deleted]

Last edited by jlsw7; Dec 31, 2017 at 8:07 am
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:16 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by KARFA
Are you sure you are not looking an an old version of the site? This is all I get on the new site

I think I'm on the new site as it say's that on the home page, if I like it etc but when I do a search it comes up with the 'old' way of showing and clicking on the flight number to show selling classes etc and can't see what you see.

However! it has randomly been like that before, as in your example above, then I just went into 'Find our cheapest flights' and it goes back to the old way! . It's probably me but I'm seeing the new banner and style on the front page. If I do a flight + hotel search I get this, always (as below)

!

I wish it had remained the way it was as I always have to backtrack the dates from December 2018 but it shows initially as 2021

I've completed a survey of the new website feedback as well as using other channels with gremlins etc.

The page you requested cannot be found.

Either the page is not available, or the address (URL) you have entered is incorrect.

· If you got here by entering a page address in your browser, please verify that the
spelling and capitalization are correct and then try reloading the page.

· You can use the BA.com Site Index to browse for the page you are looking for.

This page will automatically redirect you to the BA.com homepage within 5 seconds.
Alternatively, click here.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
2-4-1 Open Jaw

I haven’t been able find an answer to using a 2-4-1 for open jaw flights. I know its possible to book two singles, but presumably I’d need two vouchers? I have found availability from LHR to BWI, then want to fly to MCO and back to London from either MCO or MIA. Presumably I’d have to book a separate ticket for the BWI to MCO leg?

incidentally my reward search doesn’t mention F for theLHR to BWI leg. Is this because F isn’t offered on the route or because redemptions aren’t available in F?

Last edited by botham; Jan 5, 2018 at 12:40 pm Reason: Correction
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by botham
I haven’t been able find an answer to using a 2-4-1 for open jaw flights. I know its possible to book two singles, but presumably I’d need two vouchers? I have found availability from LHR to BWI, then want to fly to MCO and back to London from either MCO or MIA. Presumably I’d have to book a separate ticket for the BWI to MCO leg?

incidentally my reward search doesn’t mention F for theLHR to BWI leg. Is this because F isn’t offered on the route or because redemptions aren’t available in F?
You can book open jaw. You have to call. The open jaw must be shorter that either of the two other flights. In your example, you would have to get yourself from BWI to MCO. See these threads:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28550704-post190.html
Open Jaw ... maybe?
Add return to 2-for-1 booking with mixed class and open-jaw

Probably because there is no F offered, i.e., a 3-class route. You can look at the route tracker to see the aircraft (mostly 3-class) that have operated the route.

Last edited by jerry a. laska; Jan 5, 2018 at 1:29 pm
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott

If you want to fly into the DC area, Dulles (IAD) has first class flights on BA.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I haven’t been able find an answer to using a 2-4-1 for open jaw flights. I know its possible to book two singles, but presumably I’d need two vouchers? I have found availability from LHR to BWI, then want to fly to MCO and back to London from either MCO or MIA.
To add to jerry a. laska's post: Booking two one-ways wouldn't work, anyway, even if you were prepared to use two vouchers, because a UK voucher would need to be used on travel starting in the UK. You could book a one-way trip using the voucher for the flight from the UK, but the flight back to the UK could not be booked using a UK voucher.

That's why you'd have to call to book the whole trip in one booking.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

This thread has now been closed. Please visit the 2018 edition of the Spending Avios Guide

Your guide to spending Avios | 2018 edition

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
botham likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.