Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Rooms and Bars not at LHR. These are open for passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders.

The current catering options (July 2019) in the JFK CCR can be found in post 123 in the thread, or you can click here and photos are here. This menu should be the same as found at the BOS and IAD F Dining Room.

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR and BOS/IAD F Dining menus in post #14 in this thread, or you can click here. This archive covers September 2015 to date.

Concorde Room (CCR) at LHR
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019 can be found at this link.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by teledude
They are pouring pommery by default at JFK unless you ask for LP..... Bear that in mind when ordering
Thanks for the heads up.

2 x CCR visits later this year so good to know.

Still, I think that this most premium of premium BA lounges should serve something better.
Old May 2, 2018, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
SIN

SIN has been serving Joseph Perrier for many years - at least they did when the current BA lounge was the BA/QF F lounge.
Old May 25, 2018, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Wow, whats going on in the IAD Concorde Dining room. The Nespresso machine is still broken (Last two visits I was told the same thing). They are now serving a sparkling wine Veuve de Vernay, oddly enough during a recent trip with United through IAD their Global First lounge had self-serve Laurent-Perrier Cuvee Rose and Moet & Chandon Imperial.
and this week again, same deal. Why not just throw the nespresso machine out? No Bailey's at the self serve First bar either. Had mentioned during last visit that it would be lovely to see improved champagne offerings given what I found in the UA lounge but still no changes. Food decent but beverage offerings pale in terms of whats offered at JFK CCR.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by pjh981
Was in the CCR Bar in Dubai on Sunday and the Champagne was Henriot; with the exception of this 'premium' champagne, every other aspect of food and drink offering was identical to the Club lounge next door.
Had the same experience recently, in fact the Club lounge was better stocked with food (quantity, not variety, which was identical). The CCB in DXB is deeply unimpressive.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Had a very enjoyable visit to the JFK CCR last week.

I was glad to see the bar stocked with both Johnny Walker Blue and Glenlivet 18 (I of course had one of each)

Excellent cheese selection and the fig jam is perfect

The fruit infused water on the right is excellent on a hot day

Very tasty Pinot Noir and of course scotch refills

Scallops were fairly tasteless sadly

Lamb was decent but could have used a sauce or some more seasoning
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Courtesy of Filthy Monkey, menu some photos from the JFK CCR:

LTN Phobia and megaloman like this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I had the scallops and the soft shell crab at JFK last night and I wasn’t impressed at all.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: BA GGL
I had scallops, lamb and the poached pear dessert in there last night and all three were absolutely delicious. Service was, as always, exemplary. I really do love the team in there. They are just so cheerful, friendly and attentive ^
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
I had scallops, lamb and the poached pear dessert in there last night and all three were absolutely delicious. Service was, as always, exemplary. I really do love the team in there. They are just so cheerful, friendly and attentive ^
We must have overlapped then! Which service were you on?

Service was fantastic and incredibly attentive, but generally speaking I find the food in the CCR lounges below my standards.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:17 am

I left on the 116 at 20:10 so, yes, we probably passed each other at some point

Out of curiosity, what didn’t you like about the food? I thought the scallops were lovely, although I wasn’t overly keen on the Octopus that came with.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:20 am

I left on the 116 at 20:10 so, yes, we probably passed each other at some point

Out of curiosity, what didn’t you like about the food? I thought the scallops were lovely, although I wasn’t overly keen on the Octopus that came with.
I was on the 19:00 service!

Well, the octopus - which I would usually love - was though and tasteless. The scallops were fine and not overdone, but just not excellent. I was also put off by the sand I found one one of the 3 scallops.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 3:40 am

Did you try the dessert wine? It was amazing! Didn’t get the name...
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:51 am

I had the tomato & burrata last week which I thought was excellent - really excellent in fact. A few of my fellow diners commented the same.

The lamb was mediocre - asked for it medium rare - but still tough.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:58 am

Did you try the dessert wine? It was amazing! Didn’t get the name...
I didn’t! I drank too much at the weekend... I couldn’t even finish a glass of champagne!
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:26 pm

I had the salad and chicken earlier this month at the JFK CCR.

Both were nice, but I was in a rush so did not enjoy them in a leisurely way.

Wine accompaniments were good, champagne was not - Pommery NV. Do not remember what the rosé champagne was.

Initially, I was seated in the new (to me) area outside of the main dining room, but asked to move. A little too much like sitting in the corridor for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.