Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Rooms and Bars not at LHR. These are open for passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders.

The current catering options (July 2019) in the JFK CCR can be found in post 123 in the thread, or you can click here and photos are here. This menu should be the same as found at the BOS and IAD F Dining Room.

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR and BOS/IAD F Dining menus in post #14 in this thread, or you can click here. This archive covers September 2015 to date.

Concorde Room (CCR) at LHR
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019 can be found at this link.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
... It might be worth noting that most of my visits were in the afternoon when the lounge is quite empty and there was very little food available. My main query was when the satay would come and every time as it would have been too late for me, they managed to bring me some a bit earlier, which was much appreciated...
Not sure if you are aware, there is now a hot food menu provided in the CCB and all the dishes are available from opening, including the chicken satay, a curry dish and a steak and cheese sandwich. There is only a small selection (4 or 5 items) but the food always arrives nice and hot. There is no longer any hot help-yourself food, that area now has lite bites, including hummus, flatbreads, olives etc.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not sure if you are aware, there is now a hot food menu provided in the CCB and all the dishes are available from opening, including the chicken satay, a curry dish and a steak and cheese sandwich. There is only a small selection (4 or 5 items) but the food always arrives nice and hot. There is no longer any hot help-yourself food, that area now has lite bites, including hummus, flatbreads, olives etc.
Ah no I did not know (or did not notice if it's been there a long time) but yes, that's basically exactly mirrors my experience there except that I thought they were offering this as a one off and not that it was actually standard!! Works a lot better for me in any case, I do not like buffets and will always prefer a small selection made to order to a large selection waiting on hot plates! ^
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Ah no I did not know (or did not notice if it's been there a long time) but yes, that's basically exactly mirrors my experience there except that I thought they were offering this as a one off and not that it was actually standard!! Works a lot better for me in any case, I do not like buffets and will always prefer a small selection made to order to a large selection waiting on hot plates! ^
It's been like that for at least the last 9 months!

One other thing I've noticed, the staff inside the CCB have been turning away the 'chancers'. On my last 2 or 3 visits the staff have been asking people their seat numbers if they see an unfamiliar face and sending them on their way if they do not have entitlement.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
A new menu for CCR at JFK launches this evening. Overhearing the chef who has just conducted a briefing with the staff, it seems to contain a number of old dishes that have been popular in the past. Not seen it yet, but will reveal more soon.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 2:44 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

CCR Dinner Menu as of 4th April.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 2:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

CCR at JFK menu from 4 April 2018

Starters
Croque Madam, Poached Egg, with Ham Hock, Brioche Toast and Bchamel

Sriracha Seared Tuna with Wasabi Crme Fraiche, Pickled Mango and Sesame wonton Crisp

Salad
Grilled Asparagus, Endive and Frisee Salad with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Roquefort and Champagne Vinaigrette

Main Course
Pistachio Crusted Loin of Australian Lamb with Roasted King oyster Mushrooms, Minted Pee Puree and Sweet Potato Crisps

Cider Braised Pork Belly with Crispy Fingerling Potatoes, Seckel Pear, and Broad Beans

Seafood Bouillabaisse with Shrimp, Cockles, Sea Bass, Samphire and Rouille

Artichoke and Meyer Lemon Risotto with Mascarpone

Dessert
Toasted Coconut Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Coulis and Coconut Sorbet

Cheese

Last edited by madfish; Apr 5, 2018 at 4:13 am
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Now I am sorry to be on a direct WC flight back to the UK next week well, almost
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Menu as noted by madfish above. Some photos of the dishes, and some of them thanks to chris1979:

Old Apr 16, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was in the JFK CCR room on Tuesday last week and the pork belly pictured was simply a piece of inedible fat and gristle, I had to send it back and have the Lamb instead however the croque madame starter was reasonably good
hugolover likes this.

Last edited by ClubflyerLondon; Apr 16, 2018 at 9:38 am Reason: missing information
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:06 am

Also here is a photo of the cheesecake from the April menu courtesy of madfish

Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by madfish
CCR at JFK menu from 4 April 2018

Starters
Croque Madam, Poached Egg, with Ham Hock, Brioche Toast and Bchamel

Sriracha Seared Tuna with Wasabi Crme Fraiche, Pickled Mango and Sesame wonton Crisp

Salad
Grilled Asparagus, Endive and Frisee Salad with Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, Roquefort and Champagne Vinaigrette

Main Course
Pistachio Crusted Loin of Australian Lamb with Roasted King oyster Mushrooms, Minted Pee Puree and Sweet Potato Crisps

Cider Braised Pork Belly with Crispy Fingerling Potatoes, Seckel Pear, and Broad Beans

Seafood Bouillabaisse with Shrimp, Cockles, Sea Bass, Samphire and Rouille

Artichoke and Meyer Lemon Risotto with Mascarpone

Dessert
Toasted Coconut Cheesecake with Passion Fruit Coulis and Coconut Sorbet

Cheese

Sh*t
I love the JFK CCR, and feel for many years in the running its one of the top lounges in the world but this new menu looks really poor compared to last years. Really sad as I was so excited for an upcoming trip through. Likely just head to CW dining (which I always think is diverse and quite decent) and then CCR for drinks. Whats currently on offer for champers? Any interesting new drinks? I heard a rumor last time I was through they were thinking of serving some specialty sodas.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
I love the JFK CCR, and feel for many years in the running its one of the top lounges in the world but this new menu looks really poor compared to last years. Really sad as I was so excited for an upcoming trip through. Likely just head to CW dining (which I always think is diverse and quite decent) and then CCR for drinks. Whats currently on offer for champers? Any interesting new drinks? I heard a rumor last time I was through they were thinking of serving some specialty sodas.
I am not sure I am seeing the difference between the menu this month and those from last year? Post 14 has links to menus and photos of dishes stretching back to 2015.

Champagne is Laurent Perrier NV - which it has been for a while now. Others tell me occasionally LPGS makes an appearance, although I haven't seen it myself. I think they are just trying to wind me up
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:30 am

Sin ccr bar. Champagne is Joseph Perrier brut which is ok but not lpgs. Fire gully cab sauvignon is rather lovely though.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:54 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Wow, whats going on in the IAD Concorde Dining room. The Nespresso machine is still broken (Last two visits I was told the same thing). They are now serving a sparkling wine Veuve de Vernay, oddly enough during a recent trip with United through IAD their Global First lounge had self-serve Laurent-Perrier Cuvee Rose and Moet & Chandon Imperial.
hugolover likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
They are pouring pommery by default at JFK unless you ask for LP..... Bear that in mind when ordering

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.