Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Rooms and Bars not at LHR. These are open for passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders.

The current catering options (July 2019) in the JFK CCR can be found in post 123 in the thread, or you can click here and photos are here. This menu should be the same as found at the BOS and IAD F Dining Room.

Also there is an archive of JFK CCR and BOS/IAD F Dining menus in post #14 in this thread, or you can click here. This archive covers September 2015 to date.

Concorde Room (CCR) at LHR
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2019 can be found at this link.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2016 (n.b. no separate 2017 or 2018 thread) - T3 & T5
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options - T3 and T5

For the First and Club lounges at Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, Aberdeen, and Inverness
First Lounge London Gatwick Catering options
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014
The 2017 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room LHR: menus 2018
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2017
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2016
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2015
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Concorde Dining Room IAD: menus and food options - see new Concorde Rooms and Bars: JFK, IAD, SIN, DXB linked above
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
The 2016 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights
Print Wikipost

Concorde Rooms and Dining: JFK, BOS, IAD food and drink - 2017 to date thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Some people have referred to the new F dining lounge in BOS as Concorde Dining, but I don't think they have LPGS or JW Blue?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 10:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by nologic
Some people have referred to the new F dining lounge in BOS as Concorde Dining, but I don't think they have LPGS or JW Blue?
LPGS is normally only found on board and in the CCR LHR. It makes a brief appearance occasionally at the CCR JFK. I’m not a whisky drinker, but I have seen Blue Label in the CCBs at both SIN and DXB as well as the CCR JFK. I haven’t noticed it at the CCDRs in IAD and BOS (and I haven’t looked for it).
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
This was the champagne on display on Monday in the JFK CCR.

Some wines as well. No idea if anything else as I only had an espresso martini and something at the table.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

LPGS is normally only found on board and in the CCR LHR. It makes a brief appearance occasionally at the CCR JFK. I’m not a whisky drinker, but I have seen Blue Label in the CCBs at both SIN and DXB as well as the CCR JFK. I haven’t noticed it at the CCDRs in IAD and BOS (and I haven’t looked for it).
Why offer Concorde-branded Dining Rooms without offering the features of the Concorde Bar: namely premium champers, wines, and spirits?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Why offer Concorde-branded Dining Rooms without offering the features of the Concorde Bar: namely premium champers, wines, and spirits?
Was in the CCR Bar in Dubai on Sunday and the Champagne was Henriot; with the exception of this 'premium' champagne, every other aspect of food and drink offering was identical to the Club lounge next door.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

I've actually never had the LGPS at the CCR JFK myself though I'm not surprised if it makes the occasional visit (the Laurent Perrier NV is the norm, as per xenole's photo and what people should expect at any rate. It's fine among the NV galaxy though nothing to write home about) but I have had the LGPS offered on all of my SIN CCB visits for some reason. Not sure if it was just luck or if they stock it more widely there.

I can't add anything to what you already said on the JW Blue. I actually do like whisky and will have it occasionally (though I drink very little before and when I fly so won't often have it in lounges or onboard), but I just do not like JW Blue at all, so would have about as little interest in whether it's there or not as a bottle of red Smirnoff or Blue Nun wine with some Norwegian price tag!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I've actually never had the LGPS at the CCR JFK myself though I'm not surprised if it makes the occasional visit (the Laurent Perrier NV is the norm, as per xenole's photo and what people should expect at any rate. It's fine among the NV galaxy though nothing to write home about) but I have had the LGPS offered on all of my SIN CCB visits for some reason. Not sure if it was just luck or if they stock it more widely there ...
Whilst I’m a regular at the SIN CCB, I never consume alcohol there. The champagne bottles are always found in the ice buckets as you enter, I’ve never noticed a LPGS bottle in there but it wouldn’t surprise me if it does make an occasional appearance.

At JFK, about 3 years ago, the LPGS was offered for about 3/4 months (along with the rather delicious LP Rosé). Since then it has only appeared once or twice. At all other times it has, invariably, been the NV LP.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:03 am

Perhaps you could pose that question to BA? If they don’t receive feedback nothing will change. I tend not to drink when travelling east over the Atlantic so don’t always notice the alcohol offering.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I've actually never had the LGPS at the CCR JFK myself though I'm not surprised if it makes the occasional visit (the Laurent Perrier NV is the norm, as per xenole's photo and what people should expect at any rate. It's fine among the NV galaxy though nothing to write home about) but I have had the LGPS offered on all of my SIN CCB visits for some reason. Not sure if it was just luck or if they stock it more widely there.

I can't add anything to what you already said on the JW Blue. I actually do like whisky and will have it occasionally (though I drink very little before and when I fly so won't often have it in lounges or onboard), but I just do not like JW Blue at all, so would have about as little interest in whether it's there or not as a bottle of red Smirnoff or Blue Nun wine with some Norwegian price tag!
They regularly had LPGS as the standard champagne up to around 3-4 years ago and then it got switched out for the crap they currently serve. For a brief period of time it was available 'on request' if you smiled nicely at the barman but that largely seems to have stopped over the past couple of years. Nice to see the AA lounges over in T8 (available to silvers, let's not forget) serve nicer champagne than BA's premium outstation lounge on their flagship route.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by TabTraveller
Nice to see the AA lounges over in T8 (available to silvers, let's not forget) serve nicer champagne than BA's premium outstation lounge on their flagship route.
Just as a note, the self-pour Bollinger had changed for Taittinger on my last visit (December) - not sure if this was permanent or not.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:41 am

They regularly had LPGS as the standard champagne up to around 3-4 years ago and then it got switched out for the crap they currently serve. For a brief period of time it was available 'on request' if you smiled nicely at the barman but that largely seems to have stopped over the past couple of years. Nice to see the AA lounges over in T8 (available to silvers, let's not forget) serve nicer champagne than BA's premium outstation lounge on their flagship route.
Only the Flagship (which serves Bollinger or more recently Taittinger), which is another lounge spoiled by the change in access policy. Definitely a downgrade for EMDs unable to travel first on a Flagship service.

At JFK, the LPGS was only offered for a short time, just a few months. It wasn’t the ‘regular’ champagne as such.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC

Only the Flagship (which serves Bollinger or more recently Taittinger), which is another lounge spoiled by the change in access policy. Definitely a downgrade for EMDs unable to travel first on a Flagship service.

At JFK, the LPGS was only offered for a short time, just a few months. It wasn’t the ‘regular’ champagne as such.
Admittedly I don't drink champagne every time I visit, but I recall it being there pretty consistently when I was doing JFK-LCY once every 3-4 weeks for around a year. Perhaps I was just lucky!

Shame to hear that the bolly has been replaced. That was a nice perk whilst it lasted.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
It was Bollinger in the T4 LAX Flagship a few days ago so maybe they haven't run out or replaced it like JFK?

Changing topic slightly, I'll give the JFK CCR credit that they have power points in each of their dining booths (not sure about the outside tables though).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Whilst I’m a regular at the SIN CCB, I never consume alcohol there. The champagne bottles are always found in the ice buckets as you enter, I’ve never noticed a LPGS bottle in there but it wouldn’t surprise me if it does make an occasional appearance.

At JFK, about 3 years ago, the LPGS was offered for about 3/4 months (along with the rather delicious LP Rosé). Since then it has only appeared once or twice. At all other times it has, invariably, been the NV LP.
Thanks - I've only used the SIN CCB maybe 4-5 times in total as I don't like it that much so maybe I was just lucky. In my case, however, this was not the self-service bottle but one of the staff coming to me asking if I wanted anything. It might be worth noting that most of my visits were in the afternoon when the lounge is quite empty and there was very little food available. My main query was when the satay would come and every time as it would have been too late for me, they managed to bring me some a bit earlier, which was much appreciated. Every time they also asked me if I wanted anything to drink and the 2-3 times I mentioned a glass of Champagne it was served from a bottle of LGPS. The couple of times I came in the evening to take the BA LHR flight, I actually did not stay in the CCB, went in but when it is quite busy I just don't see the point of the place so crossed over to the QF lounge which is airier. When I go in the afternoon and it is pretty empty (we were actually alone for a significant period of the time) then the quietness is a great benefit in itself and makes up for the lack of windows/views which I find a little claustrophobic otherwise.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 4:43 am

Thanks! I've been CCR cardholder for about that time so before only made occasional visits and will admit that I don't really remember what - if anything - I was served! Incidentally, I don't share your very negative judgement on the LP NV. It's by no means my favourite Champagne, but I find it fine within the NV range and it works fine in a Champagne cocktail which is usually how I have it if at all in the CCR JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.